PDA

View Full Version : any shop that can take care my EVO?

5230EVO
06-20-2006, 10:23 AM
itz time for my EVO to get the first time oil change
i am looking for a shop in East SG Valley that can take care all the maintenance on my EVO
i can just simply go to HB Mitsu or SC Mitsu...but they are just kinda far from where i live, Diamond Bar
and everyone knos that Puente Hills Mitsu sucks!
so...need u guys referral some shops that i can go
thanks

Xetronic_Evo_VIII
06-20-2006, 10:32 AM
do it yourself its not that hard, personally i dont trust any shops working on my car except....RRE, TT, and HB :mitsu:. One of my friends...shes a girl..and she does her own oil changes..ahhah

5230EVO
06-20-2006, 10:37 AM
i kno...but i am just too lazy, + i dun have the tool for me to change the filter

Dagul
06-20-2006, 11:52 AM
Tools to change the filter? You should be able to undo it by hand. If that doesn't work for you stab it with a screwdriver... But just be sure to do it really low (within first inch from top of filter). You don't want to damage the threads on the oil filter housing...

Either that or pay one of your friends to do it for you...

gen4k20a2
06-20-2006, 11:57 AM
i dont know about stabing it but i use and adjustable wrench and just pinch it had and twist. Its SOOO much easier to do it yourself. + way cheaper if you always do it yourself.

jayvolution
06-20-2006, 12:19 PM
i dont know about stabing it but i use and adjustable wrench and just pinch it had and twist. Its SOOO much easier to do it yourself. + way cheaper if you always do it yourself.

bring me oil and an oil filter and i'll do it for you for a nominal fee!* O0

when im lazy i bring my car to this small oil change spot with 2 bays. i just tell them not to do anything but the oil change. havent had a problem there at all. pm me for the location cause iono theyre address...

kimletrim
06-20-2006, 12:22 PM
Too bad projectgen is no longer in business. :(

Dagul
06-20-2006, 12:26 PM
You wouldn't want to get screwed, anyway...

jayvolution
06-20-2006, 12:28 PM
Too bad projectgen is no longer in business. :(

+1

You wouldn't want to get screwed, anyway...

not every single person that went there got screwed...

rubelcon
06-20-2006, 12:32 PM
Autocare
206 S Diamond Bar Blvd.
Diamond Bar Yo!!

Dagul
06-20-2006, 12:48 PM

Why chance it? I have a long history with them... If he can screw someone he called a good friend in both business and personal ventures, you risk the chance of getting screwed on a simple business transaction. If you knew the history behind him, you would think twice about what you're saying...

On that note, take it somewhere else reputable if you don't want to do the work yourself...

5230EVO
06-20-2006, 02:02 PM
Autocare
206 S Diamond Bar Blvd.
Diamond Bar Yo!!

is that a Shell station?

jayvolution
06-20-2006, 02:26 PM

On that note, take it somewhere else reputable if you don't want to do the work yourself...

like jiffy lube... haha. j/k

rammsteinmatt
06-20-2006, 02:29 PM

Why chance it? I have a long history with them... If he can screw someone he called a good friend in both business and personal ventures, you risk the chance of getting screwed on a simple business transaction. If you knew the history behind him, you would think twice about what you're saying...

if he can offer excellent service to a complete stranger (me), then maybe you have your relationships out of order.

oh and btw, ive had my oil changed there at least 2 times. no problems. i "chanced" my $6000 HKS turbo to his "shady" shop and unqualified mechanics, imagine that, the turbo still works fine

5230 evo, just do it yourself, or have another member in the SGV do it. its really easy

Dagul
06-20-2006, 02:51 PM
Matt, I'll leave that to your speculation. People can draw their own conclusions and form their own opinions. Bear in mind, you had your kit installed in the beginning when everything was relatively new and the potential for development was still pointed in the right direction. You stake your single instances with him without looking at prior history and the bigger picture.

You are one of the lucky ones to have received services satisfactory to your standards. You can stand up for him all you want being the complete stranger that you are. But, coming from where I did over the last few years, "they" cannot be trusted. There was a lot more out of order than the relationship, spare the details...

Then again, who gives a rat's ass? They're out of business. I'm happy not to be associated with that drama other than that fact that I'm out a set of rims and a Esplier catback...

BTW, 5230 evo, didn't mean to thread jack... Case it point, every shop has its inconsistancies and bad business can ruin friendships... If you can do the work yourself, I would rather you do that... Worse case, have someone help you that isn't looking to profit from it...

x-trigger
01-02-2007, 10:51 PM
www.passracing.com they do alot of AE86, BMW, Evo, Benz and porsche

CLeung
04-23-2007, 01:09 PM
i work at the mercedes benz dealer in arcadia, i can work on any cars after work. if you guys need some stuff done. i can help

Terenus
04-23-2007, 04:01 PM
I go to Island tires in on Colorado Blvd. in Pasadena. Talk to Andrew there.

ultraflip
04-23-2007, 04:05 PM
the drive will be worth it... RRE took care of my car... ZERO problems.. and even if there were a problem.. they'd fix it as soon as they were alerted by it...

they've got competitive pricing... they may not always be the cheapest.. but heck... they get the shxt done... and they get it done right

antics22
04-26-2007, 04:09 PM
i work at the mercedes benz dealer in arcadia, i can work on any cars after work. if you guys need some stuff done. i can help

Thanks for the offer! Us 626'ers might take u up on your offer sometime.... and I promise to keep an eye on TERENUS so that he doesn't steal anything, or sift through the parts bins... haa haa.

youngstriker18
02-03-2009, 02:40 PM
what about for somethng like cat back exhaust, air intake system or BOV installation? any place has reasonable price and good work?

tro0xazn
04-13-2009, 06:08 PM
): i also got my evo recently and live around diamond bar and wonder if theres any places around here that can take care of things like that.. if there is please. lmk :)

Mike W
04-13-2009, 07:19 PM
We are about 30 minutes from Diamond Bar depending on traffic. 57 south to Imperial Hwy or come over Colima.

http://roadraceengineering.com/evo/thegoogle.jpg

Road Race Engineering
13022 La Dana Ct.
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670

www.roadraceengineering.com

Mike W

tro0xazn
04-14-2009, 05:27 PM
okay thanks ! i'll be sure to check it out in the future.

what can you guys do? and i checked out the site, you guys sell parts only online? or do we order them and come pick em up?

Mike W
04-14-2009, 05:39 PM
We are the original 4G63/DSM/EVO shop in So Cal. Been working on these cars since 1994. Specializing in them exclusively since 1996. We are a performance shop first, parts store second, internet powerhouse distant third :-P We have an AWD Dynapack dyno, we try to keep what we have on the web site in stock. We do a lot of fabrication and specialize in parts to keep the car stealthy. Everything from 15K services to clutch installs to 600hp. Motor building yes, squash scented air freshners no. We are open from 10 am till 10 pm M-F. Sometimes later.

Mike W

tro0xazn
04-15-2009, 07:28 PM
Alright, thanks for the time man. In the future i'll be sure to head back to this post to get the address if something comes up
or when i get the money haha, thanks!

racerhead2
09-17-2009, 11:13 AM
There is a new shop that has everything. It's called Pit Garage in South El Monte. They are a race shop first and also do services. They race Spec Miatas in the SCCA.