PDA

View Full Version : car being broken into in mira mesa

pretendo21
06-22-2006, 10:12 PM
well as the subject says, my car was broken into in mira mesa. i was here in san diego for my cousins high school graduation and was going to leave back to ventura county this morning about 7:00am when i noticed shattered glass on the pavement.

this unforunate mishap happened earlier today between the time of 4:00am-7:00am. it happened just of mira mesa blvd, kinda near black mountain road. anyways the no-hearted criminals shattered my front passenger window to get in my car. from the scratches on my ignition, i can see that they tried to start the car but didnt have any luck.

but they stole about $4k worth of my belongings. anything and everything from my laptop, stereo deck, ipod, psp, 7 pairs of my super valued shoe collection (brand-new and worth about $1.3k), cigarette lighter, broadway rear view mirror, a set of keys to my other car, tire pressure gauge, camping chairs, my new era baseball cap, some of my clothes, my cd's, and the list goes on. im just glad they didnt vandalized the rest of my car. nothing under the hood was tampered with. just most of my stuff in my car and in my trunk was stolen.

i filed a police report and contacted my insurance. looks like my car's window, ignition and stereo will be fixed. but my personal belongings aren't going to be covered. but it may be covered my my home owner's insurance. so im praying that at least some of my belongings will be covered for.

i love san diego, but it really sucks that people like this would do such a thing. this has never happened to me here in ventura county and i always park my car out in the streets.

sorry guys, i really had to vent and give you SD evo owners a heads up.

hksevo8
06-22-2006, 10:21 PM
that sux. hope your homeowners lets you recover some of those belongings.

Ryukyu
06-22-2006, 10:35 PM
That sucks man. Did you have all these valuables in plain view (in the cabin)?

pretendo21
06-22-2006, 10:44 PM
nothing was in plain view except my stereo deck. most of my belongings were in my trunk, some were in my glove compartment, and some in the center console.

guyver858
06-22-2006, 11:26 PM
Sorry to hear that buddy... Same thing happened to me with my bros Integra (im the driver of it, i mean i was =( ) about 2 months ago. Happened in Mira Mesa too. Ive been living in mira mesa for 16 years now and ive seen it grow to a good neighborhood back to a crappy neighborhood. When my car got stolen i talked to the police and he said Mira Mesa is ranked in the top 3 most stolen car areas in SD county, I forgot what exact position though. The damn thieves actually got away with my car, a fully skunk2 built N/A B18 =( and a shit load of other things... lost a million pair of shoes and jackets, the trunk was my second closet =( Car was never found. Hopefully ur insurance will cover everything for u

suprapotential
06-23-2006, 12:09 AM
hahaha welcome to mira mesa. its so funny that none of that happens 2 miles down the road in scripps ranch. ohh well that sux man. didnt you have an alarm on your car ?

EvolvedMCC
06-23-2006, 12:16 AM
Damn sorry to hear about your loss, but why were you carrying all that stuff with you? Gotta watch out nowadays, you never know with all these punk ass kids around. Seriously, I can't believe what a lack of respect for other peoples' property these f**ckers have these days.

seskysang
06-23-2006, 12:52 AM
its rilly strange how mira mesa was once a place that people in san diego wanted to move to. i live in city heights in san diego . . .one of the more ghetto and looked down upon neighborhoods in san diego . . .and my car has never been touched once, but then again, im pretty much the only evo around this place so mostly everyone knows me. go figure

thisxguy
06-23-2006, 01:14 AM
this is the third evo break in i've heard of.
sorry to hear this.

guyver858
06-23-2006, 01:17 AM
^^ thats y its "value" of a neighborhood went down, everyone f-ing lives here, from respectable people to shady people that steal cars

thisxguy
06-23-2006, 01:21 AM
i have cousins there...i dont think i'm down to bring my evo down there anymore. lol

Dagul
06-23-2006, 01:56 AM
Sorry to hear about your bad experience... Hopefully homeowner's cover some of it if not all you belongings lost.

Sadly, I notice more people around mira mesa park their honda/acura in the garage and leave their higher end car outside.

knuxevolution
06-23-2006, 02:10 AM
SD sucks. i live 10 minutes away from mira mesa. hate it.

smokd
06-23-2006, 02:24 AM
im sorry to hear about ur car man... i thought SD was a safe area... guess not

Chris in SD
06-23-2006, 03:45 AM

SD is like anywhere - some places are good, some are not, some are so-so... I've lived lots of places and I can assure SD does not suck. This is precisely why I don't leave anything other than some CDs and maybe some sunglasses in my car. Seriously, that stinks that happened to you, but did you really think it was a good idea to leave your laptop in your car overnight? And seven pairs of shoes? I don't blame you for getting hit, but it's almost like bait when you leave that much stuff in there. Word to the wise...

pretendo21
06-23-2006, 09:25 PM
hahaha welcome to mira mesa. its so funny that none of that happens 2 miles down the road in scripps ranch. ohh well that sux man. didnt you have an alarm on your car ?

i really dont find this situation funny. as for an alarm, i dont have an aftermarket one.

SD is like anywhere - some places are good, some are not, some are so-so... I've lived lots of places and I can assure SD does not suck. This is precisely why I don't leave anything other than some CDs and maybe some sunglasses in my car. Seriously, that stinks that happened to you, but did you really think it was a good idea to leave your laptop in your car overnight? And seven pairs of shoes? I don't blame you for getting hit, but it's almost like bait when you leave that much stuff in there. Word to the wise...

my laptop and my shoes were all in the trunk. i left my car out there for 3 hours. and if you didnt read above, nothing was in plain view other than my stereo deck. most of my stuff was in the trunk. its not like the people who broke inot my car* knew i had my laptop, shoes, psp, ipod, etc in my trunk. their main purpose of breaking in the car, was to try to take off with it. so i really dont know why youre pressing me about this.

well anyways. i spoke with a representative from my homeowners insurance. and they said that most of the stufff will be covered for to an extent. i have a $1k deductable. they told me that my stereo would not be covered for becuase it is permanent attatched to my vehicle. they told me that my ipod would not be covered for because it was connected to the stereo at the time of the incident. they also told me that my rear-view mirror and digital tire pressure gauge wouldnt be covered for because they were made for the use of a car. they also told me that my CD's would not be covered for becuase they were in the car for the use of the stereo. other than that, most of my belongings will be covered for. but there are some limits to the ammount they will give me for each item. like they could only give me $1k for my laptop. i also have to find some documentations such as a receipts or anything to prove that i owned the items that i listed. im looking to get about $2.5k back in about a month. i guess it helps, but it still pisses me off that this happened to me. kinda makes me not wanna go to SD with my car ever again.

DizEvoIX
06-23-2006, 10:23 PM
Yo ....21, I feel your pain Bro. We have a car that is 2nd on the most stolen cars list. Only the Escalade is stolen more than Evos. It doesn't matter where you are, these things can happen at any time. I try not to leave too much in my car overnight, and I take the face off my stereo, too. These a**holes could hit any of us at anytime, so don't dog a whole city. I was stationed in SD when in the Navy, and I remember some spots I would stay out of. I used to play football for the West Coast Sharks in Oxnard (Ventura County), and there are spots in Oxnard I would steer clear of. The earlier post was correct...every city has its armpits. Alarm, not parking on the street when possible, not leaving anything of value anywhere in your car, and a good old fashioned prayer or two will help deter some thieves.
Be cool Evo Heads...and You Stay Classy San Diego!!!
:mitsu:

tontonh09
06-23-2006, 10:49 PM
sorry to hear that bro. my wife live in san diego (mira mesa and black mountain) i'll go every week there need to be carefull now, san diego is a nice place...

Chris in SD
06-24-2006, 07:32 AM
Pretendo, I am not "pressing" or "down on you" about it - I feel for you, man. It sucks when your stuff gets taken. My only question was whether you were unconcerned or just didn't think about leaving your stuff in the car. I ask that because I am super paranoid about leaving anything valuable in my car overnight.

Sorry, man - I wish you the best.

Ben1386
06-24-2006, 08:44 AM
I used to live in Mira Mesa off of Camino Ruiz and I parked my car in the street everyday. I was always worried about this exact thing happening but luckily I never had a problem. Very sorry this happened to you.

Tarmac02
06-25-2006, 01:29 AM
Thats why you take out your spare and put anything of value under the board. My old subie was broken into but nothing was taken because it was under there.

thisxguy
06-25-2006, 01:50 AM
but, if you need your spare then you're kind screwed.

Chris in SD
06-25-2006, 06:24 AM
but, if you need your spare then you're kind screwed.

Don't use your spare on the Evo unless you want to dick up your diffs... Or if you want to move a tire to the rear, put the spare on the front, etc. Better off just calling a tow truck - AAA is DEFINITELY worth having.

Dagul
06-25-2006, 10:01 AM
Not unless you roll with two donuts. Then its not as bad. You'll just have to take it easy or fry your center diff...

That's why some of the people I know keep a full size spare (stock enkei) around for situations like that.

In my case. A can of fix a flat...

thisxguy
06-25-2006, 10:08 PM
interesting. i totally forgot about the center diff.

taben
06-28-2006, 11:42 PM
What part of Mira Mesa? I live down closer to the LA fitness and it seems like a decent neighborhood. I don't think I've been scouted but I'm sure there are people around here doing just that, mostly the kids around here who are either admiring the car or taking a mental note but one thing for sure..............don't trust anyone. I make sure I tell anyone who asks that it's all stock.

taben
06-28-2006, 11:43 PM
Also, if there is anyone out there looking for a car to steal.....I have a Pearl White Eclipse that I would love to have taken off my hands..........

Dagul
06-28-2006, 11:58 PM
Are you asking for trouble bro, or trying to up your post count? :2funny:

taben
06-29-2006, 12:26 AM
thats why i didnt' add which direction. I'm just trying to figure out how safe my area is.

Dagul
06-29-2006, 12:31 AM
If you want, you can sign the title over to me, if you really want it off your hands... :grin:

I could use a daily driver... LOL

[D.I.]evolution
06-29-2006, 12:33 AM
what you guys doing this late man im at work and im B.O.R.E.D

[D.I.]evolution
06-29-2006, 12:34 AM
What part of Mira Mesa? I live down closer to the LA fitness and it seems like a decent neighborhood. I don't think I've been scouted but I'm sure there are people around here doing just that, mostly the kids around here who are either admiring the car or taking a mental note but one thing for sure..............don't trust anyone. I make sure I tell anyone who asks that it's all stock.

i live on parkdale what color is your evo?

Damn you guys answer quick hahaha that damn warning sign kept poping up when i wanted to type

taben
06-29-2006, 12:41 AM
Mine is the BBY. I live off of Dancy

taben
06-29-2006, 12:43 AM
Dagul the Eclipse has a collapsed valve spring so it's just sitting there. I would really like to get rid of it but I helped the ex out and let her use it for a secured loan. I'm stuck until she pays off her loan.

[D.I.]evolution
06-29-2006, 12:43 AM
oh shit i have a friend that lives on that street. damn im surprised i havent seen you i pass by flanders all the time cuz i go through camino santa fe

taben
06-29-2006, 12:45 AM
I come home from base sometimes on Camino Santa Fe and sometimes hit the KFC and BK up on the corner. I see a couple of evo's occasionally but not as much as i hear from on here. There are like 3 or 4 on base but they seem like all they wanna do is race.

[D.I.]evolution
06-29-2006, 12:52 AM
wait are you the blue one with the big sticker or you the white dude that bumps music all the time? hahaha ive seen like 2 occasional evos at the base.

taben
06-29-2006, 12:54 AM
I'm the blue evo with the big sticker and I'm white but factory stereo :-)

taben
06-29-2006, 12:56 AM
I'm about to take the sticker off though. Some of the guys that I work with made it on our vinyl machine at work, so I had to sport it.....for awhile

taben
06-29-2006, 12:57 AM
as far as the evo's on base. There is a yellow one at medical and I've seen 2 different GG MR's. I'm not sure of the years on them but they may be a few other ones

[D.I.]evolution
06-29-2006, 01:10 AM
yea one of them is a 9 mr but i think he got out of the military couple of weeks ago and yea ive seen the yellow one at base too never really did talk to any of them except for the one that got out of the military. you going with us to MOD

taben
06-29-2006, 01:16 AM
I will be enroute to Iraq before that meet.

Dagul
06-29-2006, 08:54 AM
Dagul the Eclipse has a collapsed valve spring so it's just sitting there. I would really like to get rid of it but I helped the ex out and let her use it for a secured loan. I'm stuck until she pays off her loan.

That sucks... But at the same time, that's pretty nice of you to throw it up for collateral... What trim is your eclipse? RS, GS, GST, GSX?

taben
06-29-2006, 09:19 PM
Its just a GS with a Blitz body kit, Eibach springs, Megan Strut bars, AEM Cold air intake, Venom 400 control module, HALO projector heads, and alteeza tails.

DizEvoIX
06-29-2006, 10:12 PM
I will be enroute to Iraq before that meet.

Damn Bro!!! I'm USCG, and have friends in the Sh** in the CG, Navy, and the Marines. Take care of yourself over there. I'll be praying for you and everyone else.

SEMPER PARATUS!!
:mitsu:

taben
06-30-2006, 12:11 AM
Thanks Diz. I actually volunteered to go back. I did a 9 month stint last year during the summer, this time i will get the summer into winter. I will be happy to get back and put a little sumptin in the car.

white power
07-31-2006, 11:33 PM
Sorry to 're-tread' the 30 day old thread thats almost dead but I wanted to chime in on SD thefts. Ive had 2 coworkers loose their very common Tahoe and F250's lately(common black market parts - especially in Mexico) This prompted me to google some stuff & I found that San Diego, CA ranks higher in auto theft per capita than New York, LA, Chicago or Houston. Only Phoenix is worse out of all the bigger cities. Im guessing its the proximity of Mexico and how crowded it is here (makes it easy to steal w/o being noticed) and lack of coppers! I have worked/parked in Mission Valley off Camino De La Riena for 6 mos now across from Target and im surprised my car isnt gone by now. An AWDJunkie left a 'youve been spotted' card on my car so I know its in a high visible area but man yall need to watch your rides out here. Im moving off back to Houston this week and I honestly will tell you I feel pretty paranoid parking my Evo at these SD malls. These fools have easy access to major freeways and low police density. When was the last time yall saw cops patroling the malls? 27,000 cars were stolen in SD in 2004....while only 24,000 cars jacked in New York City! Good luck guys, cover your VIN's with sunshades( thwart spare key cutting at dealerships) and use common sense. Heres the stats...

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/Insurance/Insureyourcar/P127135.asp

pretendo21
08-03-2006, 01:55 AM
I am now in search for an apartment in SD. Anybody know any decent apartments in SD where its safe to park my car? Something decent but not too pricey? Looking for a studio, one bedroom, or two bedroom. Not too far east or south with decent parking and kinda affordable. Any insight and input will be highly appreciated! Thanks!

suprapotential
08-03-2006, 04:23 AM
Sorry to 're-tread' the 30 day old thread thats almost dead but I wanted to chime in on SD thefts. Ive had 2 coworkers loose their very common Tahoe and F250's lately(common black market parts - especially in Mexico) This prompted me to google some stuff & I found that San Diego, CA ranks higher in auto theft per capita than New York, LA, Chicago or Houston. Only Phoenix is worse out of all the bigger cities. Im guessing its the proximity of Mexico and how crowded it is here (makes it easy to steal w/o being noticed) and lack of coppers! I have worked/parked in Mission Valley off Camino De La Riena for 6 mos now across from Target and im surprised my car isnt gone by now. An AWDJunkie left a 'youve been spotted' card on my car so I know its in a high visible area but man yall need to watch your rides out here. Im moving off back to Houston this week and I honestly will tell you I feel pretty paranoid parking my Evo at these SD malls. These fools have easy access to major freeways and low police density. When was the last time yall saw cops patroling the malls? 27,000 cars were stolen in SD in 2004....while only 24,000 cars jacked in New York City! Good luck guys, cover your VIN's with sunshades( thwart spare key cutting at dealerships) and use common sense. Heres the stats...

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/Insurance/Insureyourcar/P127135.asp

covering your vin wont work. you can still get the vin number by just using the license plate. there is a nice little website that does that.

seskysang
08-11-2006, 03:17 AM
safe apartments in SD are expensive . . .if yoor that scared of gettin yoor car stolen then its best to live in one of those security patrolled communities like La Mirage by the 15 on Friars by qualcomm . . .but a one bedroom apartment there cost about 1200 a month . . .but then again yoo do get full access to a gym, 3 swimming pools, tennis and volleyball courts, underground parking and an extremely quiet and peacful place to live.

Evo_ATE_gsr
08-23-2006, 11:05 AM
^^ agreed. its never happy when it happens. but... you know, the bottom line is, when someone wants somthing, they'll figure out a way to get it. I dont leave jack showing in my car. look on the brightside.... you still have your car bud. I hope yo dont look down on san diego now. Just don't park your car in linda vista. lol

silex
08-24-2006, 11:20 AM
I've gotten too many issues with my previous rides. Broken windows, stolen radios, room mates cars stolen. Stolen lcd screen was my fault because I left it open while it was parked; had tinted windows though, but it seems that doesn't help from having people peer in. I live right next to UCSD at Costa Verde Apt Villa. Just told just too many people in too condensed an area.

Evo_ATE_gsr
08-24-2006, 11:24 AM
hey i work right around there. i work off roselle street in sorrento valley.

Yea man.. gotta put that screen away. These mofo's wont care if you got tint or not. i have 5% all around. somtimes, the tint probably makes them want to see whats in there even more

08-29-2006, 08:02 AM
I've gotten too many issues with my previous rides. Broken windows, stolen radios, room mates cars stolen. Stolen lcd screen was my fault because I left it open while it was parked; had tinted windows though, but it seems that doesn't help from having people peer in. I live right next to UCSD at Costa Verde Apt Villa. Just told just too many people in too condensed an area.

Yeah, I have heard many stories of the problems at Costa Verde. It seems most of it happens at Costa Verde North, though.

I live in Costa Verde as well but never see you around. Is your 9 stock?