PDA

View Full Version : Streets of Willow-July 8-9th, SpeedtrialUSA

speedform
06-26-2006, 12:51 PM
http://www.speedtrialusa.com/index1.html

leaveit2bevo
06-26-2006, 02:12 PM
how hot would it be that day? are we talking in the 100s?

Absinthe
06-26-2006, 02:36 PM
100's easy

Skiracer
06-26-2006, 03:36 PM
my tires would melt just being parked at the pits :'(

speedform
06-27-2006, 07:05 PM
Yep, it was 100+ this past weekend. Be sure to throw in some 100 octane to help cool things a bit.

speedform
07-04-2006, 03:31 PM
Still some room left.

Happy 4th!

CICreations
07-07-2006, 09:08 AM
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=93560&hourly=1&yday=189&weekday=Sunday

suppose to be 91 @11AM peaking at 102 @2PM. Should be a nice day. Im going to be there with some friends watching the NASA pro racing guys over at big willow. Im hoping that I can go over to the streets in the afternoon when alot of people have left and pay to go out for a few laps. I don't want to be on the track with the whole group. I don't think my IX will have a problem passing tech inspection lol. But we'll see, I'll still drive over and take shop with you guys if you're there.

Richard EVO
07-07-2006, 11:26 AM
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=93560&hourly=1&yday=189&weekday=Sunday

Im hoping that I can go over to the streets in the afternoon when alot of people have left and pay to go out for a few laps. I don't want to be on the track with the whole group. I don't think my IX will have a problem passing tech inspection lol. But we'll see.

I'm not sure about this, but I bet the Speed Trials USA guys won't let you do that. They are pretty rigid about their rules. For example, tech in the morning, no switching run groups, probably will want you to pay for the whole day. Maybe you ought to contact them in advance to see if they are that flexible.

CICreations
07-07-2006, 12:18 PM

Im hoping that I can go over to the streets in the afternoon when alot of people have left and pay to go out for a few laps. I don't want to be on the track with the whole group. I don't think my IX will have a problem passing tech inspection lol. But we'll see.

I'm not sure about this, but I bet the Speed Trials USA guys won't let you do that. They are pretty rigid about their rules. For example, tech in the morning, no switching run groups, probably will want you to pay for the whole day. Maybe you ought to contact them in advance to see if they are that flexible.

I don't mind paying for the whole day, that's not a problem. And I'll even show up for tech inspection. I just don't want to run until afternoon after alot of people have left. I just don't want to be on the track with alot of people. Can't afford to damage the car just yet lol. You gonna be there Richard?

Richard EVO
07-07-2006, 01:56 PM
You gonna be there Richard?

No. One STUSA event (Buttonwillow Aug. '05) was enough for me. Don't care much for NASA either due to limited track time. I'll be at the Calif. Speedway ROVAL with Speed Ventures on July 21, and maybe at the Redline Track Event at Streets of Willow on July 22 and/or 23.

speedform
07-07-2006, 02:44 PM

I don't mind paying for the whole day, that's not a problem. And I'll even show up for tech inspection. I just don't want to run until afternoon after alot of people have left. I just don't want to be on the track with alot of people. Can't afford to damage the car just yet lol. You gonna be there Richard?

You better sign up quick as the weekend is almost at capacity. (what skill level are you at anyway?)

By the way, Stoptech will be there with a booth displaying their latest products. Rumor has it they'll be releasing a new 2 piece rotor for our car soon.

CICreations
07-07-2006, 09:54 PM

You better sign up quick as the weekend is almost at capacity. (what skill level are you at anyway?)

By the way, Stoptech will be there with a booth displaying their latest products. Rumor has it they'll be releasing a new 2 piece rotor for our car soon.

There will always be no shows.....either way...Im going out to see the NASA but I'll swing by the streets and check it out.

speedform
07-10-2006, 04:34 PM
Well it was a steambath this weekend. 106 degrees on Saturday. 100 degrees on Sunday.
I thought the car might get hot but the temp. gauge barely fluctuated and with the new intercooler I didn't experience much if any power loss due to heat-sink. Good stuff.
Now the tires were a different story... :(

EvuseIX
07-11-2006, 11:58 AM
Well it was a steambath this weekend. 106 degrees on Saturday. 100 degrees on Sunday.
I thought the car might get hot but the temp. gauge barely fluctuated and with the new intercooler I didn't experience much if any power loss due to heat-sink. Good stuff.
Now the tires were a different story... :(

+1 the tires were losing grip pretty quickly. BTW which EVo where you?

speedform
07-11-2006, 04:03 PM
I have an '05 WW. what day were you there? I talked to a bunch of Evo guys so we probably shared a conversation.

EvuseIX
07-11-2006, 08:08 PM
I have the `06 WW too. The other WW EVO`s I saw was from an instructor and a beginner who had blue tape all over his front end (that was a lot of tape! :2funny:). But I`ll check my footage to see if there are other WW I have not noticed. O0

speedform
07-12-2006, 01:14 PM
I have the `06 WW too. The other WW EVO`s I saw was from an instructor and a beginner who had blue tape all over his front end (that was a lot of tape! :2funny:). But I`ll check my footage to see if there are other WW I have not noticed. O0

Of the 2 you mentioned, I was the former. Hope we put on a good show for you and that you'll be able to join us again.

EvuseIX
07-12-2006, 02:17 PM

Of the 2 you mentioned, I was the former. Hope we put on a good show for you and that you'll be able to join us again.

So you`re the instructor? Got a ride on Dino`s Porsche. That car`s a beast. Yeah, I`ll definitely be there on the next one after I get a new set of tires, lolz

speedform
07-12-2006, 02:36 PM
Oh, were you the guy in the car when he looped it?

Bloody pro-racers. They think they can ALWAYS save it! I gave him a good ribbing for that one. ;)

EvuseIX
07-13-2006, 12:23 PM
Nah, fortunately I rode with him in the morning (second one). Next time I take a ride with him, I`m bringing a neck brace `coz my neck was hurting after the ride but I loved it. O0

speedform
07-13-2006, 06:28 PM
Dino can really wheel that red monster around. I can hold my own with most out there but when I see that 500hp beasty comin' up on me I just givem' the point by. Not sure he sees it at that speed but it's there!
You going to come out with us in August for the Buttonwillow weekend?

By the way, pics of the weekend are up. Go to:

http://www.speedtrialusa.com/index1.html

EvuseIX
07-14-2006, 11:18 PM
Yeah, I`ll definitely be there but got to scout around for tires tho. My tires will need replacing after this next track day.

EvuseIX
07-14-2006, 11:31 PM
Damn, out of 135 pics only beginners get to have their pics taken and none of my car :tickedoff:

This is my 4th track and still no pics? Hmmm :knuppel2:

Lol j/k.