PDA

View Full Version : Police Interceptor Taxis?

thisxguy
06-29-2006, 12:20 AM
what's up with the ford crown vic taxis that have the "police interceptor" badge on the trunk?
lol. i've noticed a lot of these

C-Spec
06-29-2006, 12:22 AM
what's up with the ford crown vic taxis that have the "police interceptor" badge on the trunk?
lol. i've noticed a lot of these

it's old police car auction. I also see plenty of Taxis with spot light too

thisxguy
06-29-2006, 12:26 AM
the cars look pretty new to me.* lol.

i dont see much with the spot lights

speedracer2169
06-29-2006, 07:46 AM
well the cars get retired at 100k so the miles get added pretty quick. And what beter car than a police cruiser to use since it can take so much abuse. 300hp and 300tq with a top speed of 152mph. hmmm maybe i wanna drive a taxi

tontonh09
06-29-2006, 08:17 AM
well the cars get retired at 100k so the miles get added pretty quick. And what beter car than a police cruiser to use since it can take so much abuse. 300hp and 300tq with a top speed of 152mph. hmmm maybe i wanna drive a taxi
lolz...

cspeed17
06-29-2006, 09:26 AM
You can actually buy those cars new and these days the police are actually putting on more then 100k on them. :police:

thisxguy
06-29-2006, 12:01 PM
i saw a police car with it's specs in the cerritos mall.

i believe that their cars are, by law, street illegal
=)

i want to drive a police interceptor...see how those things are.
but i think our evos are one million times better

speedracer2169
06-29-2006, 01:36 PM
of course our evos are better but police cars are built to be abused. I mean now that I think of it I wouldn't mind buying one and taking it to the track an abusing the shit out of it. The engines are 4.6L mustang engines that are tuned to the above mentioned power and they reinforced the cassis and suspension for abuse. And since they use a 24v system makes uit eassier for achmed and habib to hook up their ipod and charge you 20 bucks to go around the block

speedracer2169
06-29-2006, 01:38 PM
The interesting thing is that other police departments like Torrance is using impalas now and hawthorne is using expeditions too. I think HB is using Yukons and traiblazers too.

thisxguy
06-29-2006, 02:07 PM
interesting. well, i guess i wouldnt mind messing around with one. if you drive in the street...everyone will move. haha.

what happened to the camaro chp? lol

Chris in SD
06-29-2006, 03:23 PM
Be glad you can at least recognize police cars out there. Here in VA, there is everything from unmarked beater trucks to Dodge Magnums to good old black (well, blue) and whites. I saw several people get nailed by STis with undercover dudes in them. Also, some modded Camaros (aka street racer type) are used as bait cars.

I only race old dudes... LOL

thisxguy
06-29-2006, 03:27 PM
that sucks!
cops are rollin in unmarked, old, fcuked up, beater trucks?!
damn..my cousin is in arlington (for school) and he didnt tell me anything about the 5-0s there.

i dont think it's legal here for them to be undercover like that.
...well, i remember hearing something like this.

j_nizzle
06-29-2006, 03:28 PM
im gonna buy an old cop car and start harassing fobs!!!! something to do in the summers...

speedracer2169
06-29-2006, 03:29 PM
Ha you should se the bait cars that Hawthorne PD has: 99 Si modded, 67 Camaro, 02 Mustang GT

Chris in SD
06-29-2006, 03:45 PM
Peep this thread:

http://forums.dcevoclub.com/showthread.php?t=4202&highlight=cop

thisxguy
06-29-2006, 05:55 PM
cops are so gay. i'm glad that this isnt legal in CA...or is it?

why dont the cops go out and catch the read bad guys..the guys who go out and kill people, steal, rape, and all that other crap. "street racers" are not doing any harm until they get out of control. i think that if the cops didnt care so much...then it'd be more safer. they should have certain dates each month, where guys can go and race...it'll keep the street racers satisfied and wont have the urge to race on the street as much (but it might have the opposite effect...lol)

what about lifted trucks? there are many trucks out there that are illegally lifted (too high), and to add to it...the headlights of the lifted trucks arent aimed properly, which causes them to blind other drivers.

what about the guys with airbags? they can drop their cars like there's no tomorrow. and arent these illegal?

Chris in SD
06-29-2006, 06:40 PM
Want to hear what's "gayer"?

Last week at the local meet and greet (all domestics, old cars, etc. + us "modern" guys) two Mustangs rolled in... NO EXHAUST, one had a turbo bigger than my head (and that's saying something), and full cages, tubbed w/slicks, etc. Think the cops dinged them? :roll: Yet an Evo rolls by with an HKS exhaust and OH MY GAWD the tickets come out. Unbelievable. I cannot get back to CA fast enough...

thisxguy
06-29-2006, 08:18 PM
yeah...i dont see why "ricers" and the such get all the crap.

i think the americans are just jealous that japanese cars are better. HAHA

Chris in SD
06-30-2006, 03:18 AM
yeah...i dont see why "ricers" and the such get all the crap.

i think the americans are just jealous that japanese cars are better.* HAHA

They get the crap because a LOT of Japanese car drivers drive like ass - just watch on the freeway sometime. Also, there is the whole "Fast and Furious" bias. Finally, there is the hypocrisy because I see a ton of modded Mustangs, trucks, etc. (in CA and VA) avoid tickets that every Evo driver gets hassled with (exhaust, etc.).

thisxguy
06-30-2006, 11:40 AM
i know what you mean

the cops need to even that shit out. and i'm almost sure that the mustangs and shit dont pass smog...especially the old muscle cars.

verano
06-30-2006, 11:48 AM
sorry off topic...but i just saw a Dodge Charger cop car here in Anaheim....
really looks good for a cop car :police:

thisxguy
06-30-2006, 11:57 AM
do the cops fix up those cars? that charger for example?

they need to stick to their crap crown victorias. lol

Chris in SD
06-30-2006, 01:37 PM
I have a lot of cop friends and asked about the police cars. Most don't have any performance mods - they have durability mods. Stuff like upgraded radiators, upgraded alternators, more power (24V), oil coolers, etc. It is so they can sit and idle for long periods. Also, they have suspension mods to carry more weight and for "aggressive" maneuvers (like the PIT).

thisxguy
06-30-2006, 02:34 PM
interesting. so what if we idle our cars for long periods?

speaking of the PIT...how effective would that be against AWD?
i know it's highly effective against RWD..what about FWD?
i'm assuming that it's the lest effective on AWD.

Chris in SD
06-30-2006, 06:59 PM
interesting.* so what if we idle our cars for long periods?

speaking of the PIT...how effective would that be against AWD?
i know it's highly effective against RWD..what about FWD?
i'm assuming that it's the lest effective on AWD.

It's just as effective on AWD. Here's the thing - with Evos, they have so much grip that a PIT maneuver wouldn't spin it out like most cars, but it would launch the Evo 90 degrees from the direction of travel. You can't correct it once it's that far around, so the best bet is "both feet in" (on clutch and brakes) and ride it out. How do I know this? Because my accident that totalled my Evo was essentially some asswipe who didn't see me did a perfect PIT maneuver. I tried to correct it as I was trained to do and ended up on my roof after a couple of tumbles down the embankment. If I had done "both feet in", I might have ended up on the slip road needing a new bumper and intercooler. Coulda, shoulda, woulda...

thisxguy
07-01-2006, 11:22 AM
interesting. well, i dont think cop cars can catch us anyways. lol. hm...i'm being a little too optomistic huh. lol

Chris in SD
07-01-2006, 11:52 AM
interesting.* well, i dont think cop cars can catch us anyways.* lol.* hm...i'm being a little too optomistic huh.* lol

They can always catch you - they have these little things called "radios"... :police:

thisxguy
07-01-2006, 11:57 AM
yeah. i know. haha

blkside
07-01-2006, 03:32 PM
You can outrun a crown vic but you cant outrun a motorola or the Ghetto Bird... All californians know that....lol

thisxguy
07-01-2006, 03:34 PM
yah