PDA

View Full Version : Apexi Worldsport Noir Exhaust In Stock

Mike W
06-29-2006, 02:52 AM
I read all the internet hype on this exhaust and being into the whole stealthy thing here I thought cool, stock up on them. I got one in and Ouch! They are only 2" diameter inside :idiot2:

Inside the first resonator:
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evo/parts/apexi/noir/2inchid.jpg

My tester:
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evo/parts/apexi/noir/soysauce.jpg

Just fits :-P
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evo/parts/apexi/noir/inserted.jpg

Needless to say if anyone wants one cheap come and get it one time deal. $380 takes it. I am guessing it is pretty quiet :-\

Mike W

Tarmac02
06-29-2006, 07:21 AM
isn't that slimmer than stock...???

kipper215
06-29-2006, 07:46 AM
man that is one small hole what I tight fit!~ LOL

Macky
06-29-2006, 07:48 AM
wtf

kimletrim
06-29-2006, 08:11 AM
That's an excellent price! I know of one member who ran mid 12s at LACR with this exhuast.

Mike W
06-29-2006, 08:48 AM
isn't that slimmer than stock...???

Yes 2" is smaller than stock. Stock is 2 3/8" Where I come from turbo exhausts are 3" diameter, it must be some jaydeeem thing to go smaller than stock for more power? I'll go back to making our own for stealthy exhausts.

In the mean time:

Bump!

+2 (as in 2")

Mike W

DC_TypeR
06-29-2006, 09:55 AM
Mike, Whats the price for the RRE Stealth Exhaust?
and what does it consist of?

When I was at RRE getting my Test pipe installed, I wanted to ask you, but you seemed busy, and the install only took about 10 mins.

Thanks,

Chris

silvery_eagle
06-29-2006, 10:57 AM
how much gain do you think it'll give?

+1

Mike W
06-30-2006, 12:50 AM

$590 installed for the cat back. One 12" resonator, one 24" resonator and the biggest 3" SS Magnaflow muffler we can fit in the rear.

Mike W

CHIGGA73
06-30-2006, 01:20 AM
Dang it!

I was in there at the beginning of the year asking for you guys to build this exhaust for me and you guys said you weren't doing these stealth exhausts any more. I had to go somewhere else for my TBE.

oh well...
it looks great!

Ryogo
06-30-2006, 07:33 PM
OMG that is my car~ (the silver GSR with the stealth pipe).
The whole setup is so awesome, you guys did a great job on that. Thank you again.

Speaking of being stealthy, I was pulled over just yesterday for passing an ice cream truck that was going @10MPH on a residential section. The cops didnt even ask me if I was running any mods, and they also did not ask me to open the hood :smitten:

Ryogo

Ricardon
07-03-2006, 12:15 PM
I need a downpipe Mike! What's the price for fab and install?

thisxguy
07-03-2006, 12:27 PM
OMG that is my car~ (the silver GSR with the stealth pipe).
The whole setup is so awesome, you guys did a great job on that. Thank you again.

Speaking of being stealthy, I was pulled over just yesterday for passing an ice cream truck that was going @10MPH on a residential section. The cops didnt even ask me if I was running any mods, and they also did not ask me to open the hood :smitten:

Ryogo

is this louder, quieter, or same as stock exhaust?

ebevo
07-03-2006, 12:49 PM
^^^+1

also like to know who has difference at

1) cruising speed
2) WOT

between the stealth exhaust & stock

any odor OR drone noise issues with this setup?

deal breaker for me would be...will this setup pass a ref. station...if car is sent there :-\

Ryogo
07-03-2006, 01:24 PM
1) cruising speed
the noise level seems to be about the same as stock I think. The sound is different tho (lower frequency i think)

2) WOT
I think you can hear turbo spooling sound a little more noticeable, but not really that much louder.

The oder doent seem to be any worse than the stock setup (I have the RRE HFCat).
No complaints on the noise level. I am just running TBE with no other mods, so that might be why my car sounds so close to stock.

Ryogo

thisxguy
07-03-2006, 01:41 PM
the sound is lower...do you mean it is deeper than stock?

Ryogo
07-03-2006, 10:49 PM
yeah, lower/deeper sound (the frequency of the sound) not the volume.. sorry about the bad wording.

Ryogo

GokuSSJ4
07-03-2006, 11:23 PM
no wonder that thing is quiet.... thats a lot of resonators....... almost the entire catback is made out of them ....

thisxguy
07-04-2006, 11:10 AM
$590 for catback...whats the price on a TBE?

how much louder would it be if you removed the 12" resonator...or swapped te 24" for another 12"?

do the resonators affect the performance?

Mike W
07-13-2006, 09:50 AM
Awww come on. BUMP for a sweet 2" exhaust system. No one wants this? The Apexi Noir was the Secret Sauce a few weeks ago.

Mike W

kimletrim
07-13-2006, 09:56 AM
Mike, you are the consumate sales person. When are you going to give some lessons? LOL

EV0ll
07-22-2006, 12:20 PM
Mike,

Any experience with the "other internet special" stealth exhaust, the RS-R ExMag?

http://www.rs-r.com/products/exhaust/exmag.php

-Jason

j_nizzle
07-22-2006, 12:45 PM
Mike,

Any experience with the "other internet special" stealth exhaust, the RS-R ExMag?

http://www.rs-r.com/products/exhaust/exmag.php

-Jason

stealth my ass....that thing is significantly louder than stock!

EV0ll
07-22-2006, 12:51 PM

Ya, I keep hearing varying opinions on that...I'm more concerned with at this point, wether it too, necks down to 2 inches ala noir.

I guess if its loud thats a good indication it doesnt, no?

-J

thisxguy
07-22-2006, 12:55 PM
didnt dmoney put a downpipe on his? his is loud. lol

at least it looks stock O0

j_nizzle
07-22-2006, 01:00 PM

Ya, I keep hearing varying opinions on that...I'm more concerned with at this point, wether it too, necks down to 2 inches ala noir.

-J

it's a full 3" exhaust. no resonators. straight through. hence: loud!

j_nizzle
07-22-2006, 01:01 PM
didnt dmoney put a downpipe on his? his is loud. lol

at least it looks stock O0

dustin has the ex-mag gt2 exhaust. it have a full stainless muffler. it is very similar to the regular ex-mag with the exception of the muffler being a tuner style (round) muffer instead of the oem oval shape. he also has an espelir dp, so yes, his shit is very loud!

kimletrim
07-24-2006, 09:32 AM

-J

I have it with a hi-flo cat, dp and aftermarket O2 housing and although the RSR Ex Mag is louder than stock, it is by no means annoyingly loud. It is one of the quieter systems out there , but not the quietist. Positive elements of this exhuast have been stated previously, straight through design, NO resonators. black piping and stock appearing muffler. there is a slight taper at the cat, but the piping is already generous so its not too bad. I'd imagine that with a stock DP and stock cat, this thing would be very quiet.

j_nizzle
07-24-2006, 10:24 AM

-J

I have it with a hi-flo cat, dp and aftermarket O2 housing and although the RSR Ex Mag is louder than stock, it is by no means annoyingly loud. It is one of the quieter systems out there , but not the quietist. Positive elements of this exhuast have been stated previously, straight through design, NO resonators. black piping and stock appearing muffler. there is a slight taper at the cat, but the piping is already generous so its not too bad. I'd imagine that with a stock DP and stock cat, this thing would be very quiet.

i went to a meet a guy just had it put on his IX, i was standing maybe, 10 ft away when he left....it would definately get a cop's attention. as in, if he had to get you for something, that would be a reason. if you like it, more power to you!

Mike W
07-25-2006, 12:54 AM
So there are a bunch of other loud exhausts out there that are not stock looking. Sweet :-)

But BuMp for a sweet 2" system. You all are so fickle :-( Before everyone wanted this. I wonder how many other parts out there that the internet says are the shiznit are actually a bunch of crap? Who wants some ground wires?

There is a little sleepy shop that has a quiet _and_ stocker than stock looking system available. It just isnt the latest jaydeeem fashion piece. But then again for that we have this cool 2" cat back :-)

Mike W

EV0ll
07-25-2006, 06:48 PM
Uhh that RSR one I was talking about is very much stock lookin. Looks more-so than the RRE stealth exhaust ;)

But hey, u no longer pimp RS-R stuff so how dare I mention that in this thread, I guess :-X

oh and PS: I actually might be interested in that Apex'i internet special, if you could "pimp my exhaust" and take out the 2 inch neckdown secktion and have Ty polish the tip...tia!

- Jason aka "Crzykdd"

Mike W
08-08-2006, 07:52 PM
Uhh that RSR one I was talking about is very much stock lookin. Looks more-so than the RRE stealth exhaust ;)

But hey, u no longer pimp RS-R stuff so how dare I mention that in this thread, I guess :-X

oh and PS: I actually might be interested in that Apex'i internet special, if you could "pimp my exhaust" and take out the 2 inch neckdown secktion and have Ty polish the tip...tia!

- Jason aka "Crzykdd"

RSRs have the special secret small sections too is why we dun pimp them either. Yes we could remove or swap the resonator. Ty usually polishes the tips with out asking :-P

Mike W

kimletrim
08-08-2006, 08:09 PM

- Jason aka "Crzykdd"

RSRs have the special secret small sections too is why we dun pimp them either. Yes we could remove or swap the resonator. Ty usually polishes the tips with out asking :-P

Mike W

It must have been a while since you last saw an RSR exhuast Mike. I just installed the ExMag and the only neck down is at the flange to the cat. Other than that, it is straight 3 inches throughout without resonators.

Mike W
08-08-2006, 08:19 PM
You looked all the way through the muffler? If someone has an ExMag stop by the shop.

Mike W

Mike W
08-13-2006, 03:28 PM
I still got this pea shooter in stock. $475 installed with the offending 2" section swapped out for a real resonator that flows more than stock. Or $380 as is, to go.

Maybe I need some marketing engineers to gussie up my description with big university words, it cant be the name because "Noir" is pretty sexy. Any of you guys that went beyond 8th grade can write me a better description than "Buy my sucky 2" black pipe fo cheap"?

Mike W

jayvolution
08-16-2006, 10:08 PM
will this exhaust be significantly louder with the swapped resonator or just slightly? thanks!

Mike W
08-16-2006, 11:15 PM
will this exhaust be significantly louder with the swapped resonator or just slightly? thanks!

Slightly.

Mike W

kimletrim
08-16-2006, 11:18 PM
Mike, would you be able to swap out the whole mide pipe with 3 inch piping and 3 inch resonator? If so, how much would that cost?

jayvolution
08-16-2006, 11:26 PM
+1 that was going to be my next question...

Mike W
08-17-2006, 02:55 PM
It is pretty much just the resonator part that is offensive. You wouldnt need to mess with the pipe.

Mike W

kimletrim
08-17-2006, 03:22 PM
All the talk about taper and neckdown and you say just the resonator is offensive? Question remains, would you be willing to do this and how much?

Mike W
08-17-2006, 04:22 PM
As in the taper and neck down is in the resonator. Changing out the resonator will fix it.

If you want to replace the pipe too for no reason who am I to argure? Add $40 O0

Mike W

EV0ll
08-26-2006, 02:23 PM
Since this seems to be the stealth cat-back tech thread, I thought I'd add this here:

Picked up a used RSR-Exmag from a norcal evo member up here today and took a peep inside the muffler section. Sure enough it has about an
8 inch long section that necks down to 2 inches inside the muffler:
http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/14524/RSR_Muffleropening_1.jpg
http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/14524/RSR_Muffleropening_2.jpg

Can't say I'm surprised, since I knew back in the DSM days the RSRs were known to have small sections in the muffler. RRE used to pimp them like mad tho until they finally
opened one up ;) The rest of the exhaust is pretty open though. the main pipe is 3 inches all the way with no resonator sections like the NOIR. It does however have the
requisite neckdown section for the factory cat where its only 2.75 inches wide, boo-hoo :'( Its only about 1&3/8ths long though. Not sure it its even worth cutting out and replacing
http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/14524/normal_RSR_Catneckdown.jpg

Good thing I guess, I'm not going for ultimate power. With the way the cops are around here, I definitely wanted something stealth, and not so loud. My car dynoed 239whp bone stock
on a local dyno up here. I plan to go back and dyno the car again once I get the full TBE on and flash the ECU as needed for the IXs when u slap on an exhaust.

-Jason

silvery_eagle
08-26-2006, 09:25 PM
do you guys take trade in? my Invidia is practically brand new

StockEVO
08-27-2006, 09:31 PM
Bwhaaaa! Trade in! Now that's funny.

GokuSSJ4
08-28-2006, 01:10 AM
on the resonators, can you guys get some that are 3 inch inside diameter ? which i would assume bigger then what this one offers . and instead of 14 -24 can 12- 18 be done ?

StockEVO
08-28-2006, 03:09 PM
Can make anything fit if you want. Just gotta peek down and see how deep is that pocket of yours.

GokuSSJ4
08-28-2006, 07:18 PM
Can make anything fit if you want. Just gotta peek down and see how deep is that pocket of yours.
bah!
LOL i'll talk to you about it once i stop by then... thanks for the info and glad that you guys can customize the Apexi Worldsport Noir Exhaust :)

Myevo8
09-01-2006, 01:13 PM
Hey Mike sorry for the late question but the resonators on your custom exhaust or those with the louvered cores that stick out just a hair into the exhaust like 1/4" or so or are theyt 3" internal diameter with perforated cores?Thanks O0 :mitsu:

fusionchicken
09-24-2006, 06:20 PM
Hey Mike sorry for the late question but the resonators on your custom exhaust or those with the louvered cores that stick out just a hair into the exhaust like 1/4" or so or are theyt 3" internal diameter with perforated cores?Thanks O0 :mitsu:

Trinydex told me this in a PM about how the resonators on the RRE custom "stealth" catback works:

"resonators don't rob power unless they're reduced resonators. rre doesn't use reduced resonators, they use full 3" resonators. that means it's a porferated 3" pipe inside wrapped in some sort of fiberglass gauze material to dampen/absorb sounds."

hope that answers ur question.

Myevo8
09-28-2006, 09:06 PM
thanks dudeO0 8)

Evorob
04-15-2007, 04:10 PM
How much would the stealth catback be without install???

StockEVO
04-15-2007, 07:58 PM
Same price. So might as well take advantage of the free install. :D

ericevo9
01-01-2010, 05:53 PM
I know this thread is old but I thought I would ask anyways. Is the apexi noir 3" except for it tapering at the cat and the resonator which has the id of 2"? I have one that has the resonator removed just wondering if it is a 3" all the way besides the taper and resonator. Thanks O0

Mike W
01-02-2010, 02:09 PM
Yes, then it would be a loud free flowing big tip black exhaust.

Mike W