PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a shop that does Clear Bra's in the IE

Thero
07-02-2006, 09:42 PM
Like the title says. My poor silver evo got so beat up from freeway rocks that I'm looking for a shop that does clear bras in the Inland Empire. Preferablly in the Elsinore/Murrieta/Temecula/Or Corona Area. Thanks fellas.

Alex

speedracer2169
07-02-2006, 10:25 PM
I know west coast customs can do it since they opened their shop in corona. I'll look into it

speedracer2169
07-02-2006, 10:30 PM
These are all certified 3M clear bra installers

Ronald Bechtold - Certified Installer
Phone: 951-834-2360
Certified Installer(s): Ronald Bechtold

Murrieta, CA 92652

Bruce Lam - Certified Installer
Phone: 858-336-8288
Certified Installer(s): Bruce Lam

Temecula, CA 92592

Xtreme Auto Shield - Certified Installer javascript:openTracking('http://www3.3m.com/metrics/redirect.jsp?pnum=62&category=Product&referrer=92591&target=http://www%2Extremeautoshield%2Ecom')
Phone: 951-506-4676
Certified Installer(s): Felix Rados

Temecula, CA 92591

speedracer2169
07-02-2006, 10:32 PM
This should be stickied in the IE section

For other trying to find one click below
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Scotchgard-PPF/Home/For_the/Consumer/Find_Installer/

evomrguy
07-03-2006, 04:46 PM
I thnk it depends on how long your gonna keep your evo though. Cause if you look at someones car thats had it on for a while like bob (evolver) it doesnt look so good anymore. You tend to get that wax build up inbetween the covered and bare part where they meet. Also you see like a bunch of swirls the paint gets over time and then the paint under the plastic looks brand new so it starts to look like two colors on the car. Especially on the white, I think youll start to see a little yellow tint to the plastic after a year or so, anyone that installs this stuff that Ive talked to has informed me of this. Just wanted to give you some info on the other side of it.

Thero
07-04-2006, 07:05 AM
Ewww good point. I might have to think about this a littlbe bit more now before I do it

I thnk it depends on how long your gonna keep your evo though. Cause if you look at someones car thats had it on for a while like bob (evolver) it doesnt look so good anymore. You tend to get that wax build up inbetween the covered and bare part where they meet. Also you see like a bunch of swirls the paint gets over time and then the paint under the plastic looks brand new so it starts to look like two colors on the car. Especially on the white, I think youll start to see a little yellow tint to the plastic after a year or so, anyone that installs this stuff that Ive talked to has informed me of this. Just wanted to give you some info on the other side of it.

speedracer2169
07-04-2006, 08:12 AM
Ewww good point. I might have to think about this a littlbe bit more now before I do it

well clear bra have come a long way and are available in different thickness. The best thing is to call them and talk to them about this. I'd still do it because i drive a lot. Also have them do your mirrors and the rear bumper deck right by the trunk too O0

evomrguy
07-04-2006, 03:49 PM
I do agree that clear bras have come a long way from the old ones. However the info I have gotten has been within the past six months so I am sure it is pretty current with the clear bras available today. They still yellow, though alot less than they used to and at a slower rate.

evolver
07-05-2006, 09:51 PM
hell yea man i wish it was never on but the only thing it does is keep the rock an thing from chiping the paint yea it save the paint were its at but the place were its not look like crap if u want to see waht it looks like just come down to the 909 meets on monday ill be there

cky_bam_marg
07-05-2006, 10:05 PM
is it possible to get a clear bra for the whole car, wind and all? this would seem like a nice solution being as how its invisable no one could tell its on there O0

EVOate909
07-05-2006, 10:10 PM
is it possible to get a clear bra for the whole car, wind and all? this would seem like a nice solution being as how its invisable no one could tell its on there O0
:buck2: :idiot2:

evolver
07-05-2006, 11:33 PM
:2funny:

IXMREVO
07-05-2006, 11:37 PM
My friend just got his whole mercedes done cuz its black and he didnt want paint swirls in it

Thero
07-06-2006, 06:59 AM
My friend just got his whole mercedes done cuz its black and he didnt want paint swirls in it

:2funny: It sounds like someone seranwraped their car. Or they put a condom over it

IXMREVO
07-06-2006, 09:06 AM
You cant even tell though unless you really look I dont know what it will look like in a year though

escabar
07-06-2006, 01:15 PM
Like the title says. My poor silver evo got so beat up from freeway rocks that I'm looking for a shop that does clear bras in the Inland Empire. Preferablly in the Elsinore/Murrieta/Temecula/Or Corona Area. Thanks fellas.

Alex

clear bra is definitely worth considering...
I also wish I didn't need a clear bra...but I would rather try to preserve the original paint then go w/ a paint job as much as possible...reason being...

- clear bra is removable (had mine redone by StarShield also recommend AutoRecon - see my other post)...I did not notice any wax build up...you shouldn't either if waxed regularly and all wax is wiped off (carefully along edges)

- consider the downtime of your car in a paint / autobody shop...unless you can leave the body components with the shop...what should usually take 3+ days (my father owned a body shop for 25+ yrs) will prob take 1 wk+ ...clear bra install will only take a few hrs...

- the paint will never be good as factory...the closest I have seen is ~99% (shops usually miss undersides and corner sanding due to rush or inexperience)

- cost for clear bra vs painting a body component will be about the same...so why not try to save the paint first and defer painting till a later date??? in your case...you may need to touch up / paint your chipped areas first before applying the clear bra...

alternatives will be dealing w/ chips and painting every 2+ yrs or prob replacing clear bra every 2+ to 5 yrs...ymmv

my wife's bimmer has had its clear bra for 2+ yrs (OEM not recommended)...my Evo is coming up on 1 1/2 yrs w/ its clear bra...ever so slight yellowish tint...hard to see on my GG...same results on my previous pearl white Nissan...after 2+ yrs...

good luck w/ your decision...