PDA

View Full Version : Some cops are chill...

Pious Heretic
07-04-2006, 12:06 PM
Ok so last night i was taking my girlfriend home from my house at about 2:30 am. I'm going north on Topanga Cyn, just north of the Topanga Mall when I pull up to a red light. Comming off of the green light and not being able to see any other cars in front of me i give my baby a little gas. To my amazement, within 3 seconds of acceleration there is a circus of red and blue lights in my mirrors. Anyways, the cop comes up to me saying how stupid i am (he was right behind me) and how i am going to get somebody killed. (when he flicked the lights on i was at about 65) He then tells me about an accident earlier that day where they had to try and put a womans arm back on.... He continues by saying "This isn't Tokyo Drift!" After all the Macho cop talk, he comes back with my ticket for no plates (car is brand new) and no insurance (comming in the mail as well) and he tells me to slow down and have a nice 4th. Now i dont know what could have posessed this a-hole sounding cop to not give me a reckless driving or exhibition of speed ticket, but im content not knowing. Lucky weekend for me.

DruMMinStUd06
07-04-2006, 12:20 PM
luck on your part...do you live around that area?

wj4
07-04-2006, 12:56 PM
Ok so last night i was taking my girlfriend home from my house at about 2:30 am. I'm going north on Topanga Cyn, just north of the Topanga Mall when I pull up to a red light. Comming off of the green light and not being able to see any other cars in front of me i give my baby a little gas. To my amazement, within 3 seconds of acceleration there is a circus of red and blue lights in my mirrors. Anyways, the cop comes up to me saying how stupid i am (he was right behind me) and how i am going to get somebody killed. (when he flicked the lights on i was at about 65) He then tells me about an accident earlier that day where they had to try and put a womans arm back on.... He continues by saying "This isn't Tokyo Drift!" After all the Macho cop talk, he comes back with my ticket for no plates (car is brand new) and no insurance (comming in the mail as well) and he tells me to slow down and have a nice 4th. Now i dont know what could have posessed this a-hole sounding cop to not give me a reckless driving or exhibition of speed ticket, but im content not knowing. Lucky weekend for me.

you were doing 65 on the streets in woodland hills area? i got caught doing 60 on ventura and i was arrested for street racing...
def lucky on your part to say the least.

Pious Heretic
07-04-2006, 02:19 PM
Drummin, I live in Encino for the summer with my parents, but i live at UCI during the school year.
WJ4, i never want to meet the a$$ cop that arrested you for racing.... thats bull. Did the charges get dropped?

gen4k20a2
07-04-2006, 05:23 PM
at least you can get out of the tickets...

And in the case of getting arrested for no reason...you need to file a complaint

silvery_eagle
07-04-2006, 07:10 PM
wait... he got arrested for speeding... that's the reason....
anyhow.. slow down street racer :P

EugeoEvo
07-04-2006, 07:44 PM
Drummin, I live in Encino for the summer with my parents, but i live at UCI during the school year.
WJ4, i never want to meet the a$$ cop that arrested you for racing.... thats bull. Did the charges get dropped?

UCI woo.. i go to UCI too.. gonna be a 5th year this fall :P... I'll look out for your white evo.. i've got a 2005 white VIII gsr

gen4k20a2
07-04-2006, 08:07 PM
wait... he got arrested for speeding... that's the reason....
anyhow.. slow down street racer :P

if i remember correct speeding is a ticketable offense only...you go to jail if you refuse to sign the ticket. He would have been taken to jail for the street racing offense.

DruMMinStUd06
07-05-2006, 07:25 AM

Nice...I was gonna say, you should come out to the meets we have on Tuesday nights in the SFV

Pious Heretic
07-05-2006, 01:30 PM
Yah I'd like to go to a meet. Where are they?

wj4
07-05-2006, 01:51 PM
Did the charges get dropped?
no it didnt get dropped. this was in my old car, 04 accord. i was coming home from a local accord meet on ventura at 12am after we got food to eat. my car was lowered with wheels so i guess it was very racey looking to the cop. i was doing 60mph in a 40 zone i believe, and i was getting passed by suv's along the drive. out of nowhere, this civic came up and lined up with me and took off and slowed down and waited for me and took off, etc. while i was doing a consistent speed.
this is when i heard the siren and pulled over. i was lost at the time and didnt know what happened. cops came to my window and said give me the key and i did, he ran back and took off. apparent the cop was between us, while i was in front of the cop and the civic was behind the cop. civic tried to bust a u turn and out run the cop so they went after him. about 10 mins later, the cop came back and told me to follow him. they searched our cars, and arrested us. they found weed in the civic's glove box as well. our cars were towed and we were taken to jail for the nite. i had to call my mom to bail me out at 2am.
to top it off this was the week before finals and my backpack along with all my books were in my trunk and of course i couldnt get those out of the car, and my gpa suffered that semester as well.
the case lasted the whole summer and it was going to the point where it was going to get put in for a trial.
the story is very long with a lot of twists...to cut the story short....after i got my accord, the car sucked because they apparent towed it with the e brake on while the front wheels were on teh ground and it didnt help my car was an automatic. the car was only 10 months old at the point so this is why i got the evo, i wanted to traded it in before the tranny went out since it was already jerking from normal driving.
overall, everything cost $10,000 from the towing fee, the bail money, the attorney fee, the DUI and morgue program fee, the processing fee from the court.
what was my punishment? 120 hours of community service and 3 months of restricted license for only school/work. i "lucked out" because i hired an attorney that knew the head D.A. for 20 yrs. he had me bring everything to proove I was a good kid, so i brought my report cards, my awards, trophies, recommendation letters from teachers and work, etc.
it is because of this experience that i totally hate street racing and ricers
and to make the story even more funny/better...i talked to my friend who has several friends in the LAPD chatsworth division and they said that the officer who arrested me wasnt even in the racing division, but rather he was in narcotics and happened to be bored that nite.

i know some of you guys might want to ask why didnt i fight the city. i was hoping to, my mom already contacted her close friend which is also an attorney. but the case was getting too weird. apparently the civic guy had 3 charges to my 1 charge, his being also running from police and posession of marijuana. they had our cases as 1 BIG case, and he was part A, i was part B. he made a deal with the judge first and the D.A.'s were going to use him against me if i went against the D.A. i thought long and hard, but i just wanted the case to end. i got arrested during june of 05, and the case wasnt closed until august of 05.

i know some of you guys will say that its bs and i was probably racing him. but take it for what its worth. anyone that knows me knows that i dont street race or support it at all.

sorry for the long type...it gets me pissed everytime. oh yeah last thing, its ironic how i never saw this guy after we made bail at jail until last semester, he happened to be in my physics class, haha. i had to switch from the 8am to 9am class because i didnt know if i couldve controlled my emotions with that dude.

wj4
07-05-2006, 01:52 PM

tuesday at the costco on tampa in northridge and wednesday at the krispy kreme in burbank. wed is usually bigger though with about 20ish evos weekly

kEvo VIII
07-05-2006, 01:57 PM
you should change the title to..

"Some people are lucky..."

silvery_eagle
07-05-2006, 02:10 PM
sorry for the long type...it gets me pissed everytime. oh yeah last thing, its ironic how i never saw this guy after we made bail at jail until last semester, he happened to be in my physics class, haha. i had to switch from the 8am to 9am class because i didnt know if i couldve controlled my emotions with that dude

WTF???
some people are mess up man...

DruMMinStUd06
07-05-2006, 02:15 PM

tuesday at the costco on tampa in northridge and wednesday at the krispy kreme in burbank. wed is usually bigger though with about 20ish evos weekly

Sometimes on Tuesdays they meet up in Northridge and then cruise out to the meet in Simi Valley. I've only attended the Burbank meets a few times...

wj4
07-05-2006, 03:37 PM

Sometimes on Tuesdays they meet up in Northridge and then cruise out to the meet in Simi Valley. I've only attended the Burbank meets a few times...

i went to the tuesday meets 2 times, once when it was still at the in n out on balboa. and the 2nd time last week, imo kinda riced out especially when the kid in the bike asked gordon to race, smh.

DruMMinStUd06
07-05-2006, 03:42 PM
the simi meet is basically a scion meet, but there are a few dsms/evos that show up. some of the scion owners are cool. the rest...well... :buck2:

Pious Heretic
07-05-2006, 06:05 PM
wj4... u got completely screwed, sorry man. On the plus side, i feel extremely lucky. About the meets, i'll probably come down to one of them next week after work and maybe bring a couple friends (g35, sr20 240)