PDA

View Full Version : INSTALL: turbo timer with KARR alarm

helitech
07-09-2006, 03:44 PM
hey guys i just bought a turbo timer harness from DAGUL (thanks again bro) and i used my HKS type-0 turbo timer that my fiance bought me fot the supra.

at first, i couldn't arm the alarm with the turbo timer counting down, and even when i locked the doors and closed them, when the engine shut off, the doors would automatically unlock. i was pissed off at first, but with some patience i just pulled each tap to my ignition harness from the alarm one by one til i found the one that disabled the automatic lock when the key is turned to on, and the auto unlock when the engine shuts off.

after about 5 minutes, i diconnected the YELLOW wire that was going from the alarm wiring loom to the BLACK/ WHITE STRIPE wire to the ignition harness. after doing this i turned the key to on to see if the doors would lock and they DONT! so i thought GREAT now lets turn the car on and see if i can arm the alarm while the turbo timer was counting down. and BAM! it worked...

i dont know how the KARR guys installed your alarm but for me they just used those cheap aligator clip taps and the male end that plugs into it. so if this is how they installed yours and you're having issues with your turbo timer here ya go!!!

hope this helps guys and i hope im not an idiot for double posting this but all i found was a diagram on how to relay it on evolutionm.net. i knew there was a simpler way and here it is! ENJOY!!!

-irwin

blkside
07-09-2006, 04:33 PM
When you arm the alarm the doors still lock or it arms the alarm and the doors stay unlocked....? Just curious cause you said you disabled the automatic lock ...

helitech
07-09-2006, 04:52 PM
damn sorry i forgot to mention that. when i arm the alarm, the doors still lock and when i disarm it it unlocks. all this disables really is the auto lock/unlock features when the key is turned. your keyless entry still works!!! hope this clears things up!

blkside
07-09-2006, 04:54 PM
Sounds like a plan stan... thanks for the info.. it is so much easier than that long ass relay schematic.... haha

helitech
07-09-2006, 05:57 PM
fuck yeah... i hate working with wires so when i was putting in the hks turbo timer harness i saw all the alarm wiring was just spliced in, so thought i pull it and test it one by one and luckily it worked... good luck bro, let me know if you have anymore questions

Dagul
07-09-2006, 11:32 PM
I don't mean to rain on your parade, but that relay setup is a lot easier than it looks, and when the turbo timer shuts off, it cuts power to the relay(s), which puts the ignition sensing wire back into the loop, so the alarm can do its job...

That would be a more permanent fix than disabling one of the key features of the alarm (starter disable)... O0

helitech
07-10-2006, 06:45 AM
it actually still disables the starter when the alarm is set off, after i tried it i kept my windows down, set off the alarm and opened the door and tried to start it with no luck, i had to arm and disarm the alarm again before it was able to start. so far all i found that the wire affects is the auto door lock/unlock when the ignition wire is tripped

Dagul
07-10-2006, 08:05 AM
I see, I guess not every car alarm works the same...

That's the issue I was having with the RSX2.5. Which was why I just took it out along with my HKS Type 0 and replaced it with the RSX3.5.

With the ignition sensing wire disconnected, I lost the auto lock/unlock feature, AWD (armed while driving) and the starter disable...

Now I just patently idle it down while I have a cigarette... :grin:

ultraflip
07-10-2006, 09:21 AM
sorry... i'm going to have to side with dagul on this one... i make plug n play boxes for the turbo timer bypass on alarms... doesn't get much easier than that... pulling off wires off of an alarm just doesn't sound right to me...

dayak
09-01-2007, 11:31 AM
thank you this "how to" is really work as the thread starter suggested

DR MOSS
10-25-2007, 12:35 PM
great info! always wanted to know what to w/ alarm AND TT