PDA

View Full Version : someone please help.... referee

mrcotija
07-15-2006, 09:12 PM
so i go to fontana today and the whether is way too hot! 105+ degrees!!! but i still managed a few good runs (11.8 @ 119mph) so i was ok...

well i'm in indio now, visiting cousins and well special people :), and i'm driving, and i see a cop behind me.. i'm not speeding or doing anything wrong..

he pulls me over for "modified exhaust" then has me pop my hood and well.. i'm fucked... now i have to go to the referee and i dont know what to do, i have way too much on my car to put it back to stock...

can anyone help?

speedracer2169
07-15-2006, 09:13 PM
Teling us mods might help

chuckdashi
07-15-2006, 11:13 PM
Teling us mods might help
+1

mrcotija
07-16-2006, 08:09 AM
all basic bolt-ons and a gt3076r turbo kit.

speedracer2169
07-16-2006, 08:21 AM
that doesnt tell us much at all. Basic bolt ons doesnt mean anything do you have cams, hi flo cat? stock cat? test pipe? ems? safc? flash?

kipper215
07-16-2006, 08:25 AM
fight the ticket TBD and you will have to pay the fine up front. $400 for the first offense. if you lose the TDB you can appeal the decision. if you lose then they keep your money and you don't have to go to a ref.

on another note now that you a heavy modded evo, check out the stealth exhaust from RRE. I have it on my car and it's quiter than stock and looks bone stock. it's a full 3 inch exhaust and you won't lose performance. GT40 has it on his car and that's what made decide to get it when I heard how quiet his car was.

mrcotija
07-16-2006, 08:28 AM
basic bolt-on's (to me and i believe most people) would be full tbe (i have no cat), injectors, fuelpump, cams, bov, intake, intercooler and pipes...

i'm sure i'm missing a lot.. but that should give you guys an idea :)

mrcotija
07-16-2006, 08:31 AM
fight the ticket TBD and you will have to pay the fine up front. $400 for the first offense. if you lose the TDB you can appeal the decision. if you lose then they keep your money and you don't have to go to a ref.

on another note now that you a heavy modded evo, check out the stealth exhaust from RRE. I have it on my car and it's quiter than stock and looks bone stock. it's a full 3 inch exhaust and you won't lose performance. GT40 has it on his car and that's what made decide to get it when I heard how quiet his car was.

thanks man.. yeah someone else had told me about the front fee... but i also hear it doubles after every offense.... what i think i'm going to do is put it back to stock and leave the exhaust on there. that way, i'll tell the referee that the exhaust meets the 98 decible liimit, and he can write it off, and everytime i get pulled over, i show them that, and they'll leave me alone :)

kipper215
07-16-2006, 08:41 AM

thanks man.. yeah someone else had told me about the front fee... but i also hear it doubles after every offense.... what i think i'm going to do is put it back to stock and leave the exhaust on there. that way, i'll tell the referee that the exhaust meets the 98 decible liimit, and he can write it off, and everytime i get pulled over, i show them that, and they'll leave me alone :)

if you go to a ref they will look at everything not just your exhaust. it will cost to much money to put the car completely back to stock and then have everything reinstalled. make sure the ticket does not say modified emissions. also they will smog your car and you will have to pay a fee for that. to confirm what I just told you, call po-po and ask for yourself. it's cheaper to just fight the ticket and pay the fine if you lose. then get a stealth exhaust.

speedracer2169
07-16-2006, 09:22 AM
its 95db limit not 98

mrcotija
07-16-2006, 09:33 AM

if you go to a ref they will look at everything not just your exhaust. it will cost to much money to put the car completely back to stock and then have everything reinstalled. make sure the ticket does not say modified emissions. also they will smog your car and you will have to pay a fee for that. to confirm what I just told you, call po-po and ask for yourself. it's cheaper to just fight the ticket and pay the fine if you lose. then get a stealth exhaust.

i work an tuning technologies.. i'm sure i can put it back to stock in 1 day. :) but i'm still undecided... we'll see whats going on...

thanks guys.

G20
07-16-2006, 10:09 AM
Damm! It happened to me last year too right after the drag day at Fontana but the cop used another reason, my stock tail-light is "modified". Anyway, you can fight using TBD and if you don't win I know someone may help you out but we'll have to take it off line.

Good luck bro! I saw your runs yesterday.

bogey8
07-16-2006, 01:20 PM
Damn, that sucks. When I left yesterday, I was driving next to 2 other cars that raced at the tracks. About 1/2 mile from the freeway, I noticed a Fontana cop behind us. I thought, "OH SHIT". But the 2 cars turned right into the gas station and the cop just went straight to the 10 W onramp.

I was there when you ran 11s. that was awesome.

Good luck with the ticket.

mrcotija
07-24-2006, 10:56 AM
hey Ray did'nt i say do not go near Riverside/Moreno valley Area/ Fontana area? cops are A$$holes out there. I'm Mailing in my Fixit ticket now... Mrcotija, My fixit ticket costs $128.80, just for Modded exhaust. Give me A Call some time I may be able to help. Just need more info from you.

Francisco

i called them the other day, they dont even have my ticket yet, i have to call sometime around august 20th..

and it wasnt near fontana/moreno vally.i was LEAVING fontana, and i got pulled over in INDIO...