PDA

View Full Version : Police Officer's Forum

speedracer2169
07-15-2006, 10:48 PM
Since they keep tabs on us how about we keep tabs on them.

It's a forum for police officers

http://forums.officer.com/forums/archive/index.php/f-146.html

blkside
07-17-2006, 05:20 PM
Are you fucking kidding me.. I looked through some of this... There is a cop on there that makes Cliffs for academy students and he said this is profiling of us and our cars.... What does that tell you... I am going to sign into it and ask a few questions.... I wanna see how this goes..

thisxguy
07-17-2006, 05:24 PM
nice

MRevo9
07-17-2006, 05:31 PM
ima have to book mark this

thisxguy
07-17-2006, 05:33 PM
ima have to book mark this

its already in my favorites. haha

blkside
07-17-2006, 05:36 PM
how many of you are gonna get on here with me.. I am gonna ask some serious questions.... cause I can see about a dozen f'ed up things on here... I have the 06 MV Code on my PDA the whole thing...so its on....

MRevo9
07-17-2006, 05:36 PM
Under Drag-Net, San Diego officers come to train other departments how to look out for what they believe to be tell-tale signs of illegal modification such as window tinting, large spoilers, extra gauges or racing stickers. Police say this gives them probable cause to stop and inspect a vehicle and its engine compartment.

In practice, "excessive exaust noise" tickets are the most common violation. California law does not require police to measure sound levels objectively. Instead, according to the Calfiornia Highway Patrol, the "citation is based on officer's judgment."

Drivers of stock vehicles that come from the factory with some of the characteristics of modified cars have experienced harassment under this provision. One such motorist complained on an enthusiast website that the Calfiornia Highway Patrol was using these programs to make "driving while Asian" a crime, pointing out that the department's own website has several pages dedicated to Asian involvement in street racing and "vehicle modification."

blkside
07-17-2006, 05:49 PM
Hey this is from a CHP bulletin.... Statewide...

The California Vehicle Code does not prohibit exhaust modifications, modified tailpipes or muffler tips which increase exhaust noise levels over that of factory-installed systems as long as noise levels do not exceed the 95-decibel limit.

California exhaust noise regulations apply statewide, prohibiting local authorities from adopting local noise limitations that differ from the state regulation. Citations issued under differing local ordinances are invalid.

speedracer2169
07-17-2006, 06:05 PM
yeah i know. remember knowledge is power O0

blkside
07-17-2006, 06:07 PM
Yeah I signed up... my screen name is MVCodefused.....LOL... I wanna know what is up with this... how can they say its not profiling if other cops say it is profiling...

909Evo
07-17-2006, 06:39 PM
Blkside

You also need to realized that CVC prohibits a harsh, annoying, or unreasonable noise. And THAT is officer discretion.

blkside
07-17-2006, 06:45 PM
Oh dont worry I have all the law and am reding through it but when a cop says ....ANYTHING OTHER THAN FACTORY is illegal that is bullshit... I am just curious why instead of putting together more sanctioned events like Qualcomm all they are interested in is the revenue... I look at the different situations... why can harleys be so loud and nothing happens to them... I was on the Phone with Ricardon yesterday and a harleu drove by and I couldnt hear shit... I wanna be able to mod my car how I want as long as its safe and legal... but getting pulled over and ticketed all the time would suck.... which I am sure is why they do it as a deterrent to mods....

4G63 FEVER
07-17-2006, 07:05 PM
Oh dont worry I have all the law and am reding through it but when a cop says ....ANYTHING OTHER THAN FACTORY is illegal that is bullshit... I am just curious why instead of putting together more sanctioned events like Qualcomm all they are interested in is the revenue... I look at the different situations... why can harleys be so loud and nothing happens to them... I was on the Phone with Ricardon yesterday and a harleu drove by and I couldnt hear shit... I wanna be able to mod my car how I want as long as its safe and legal... but getting pulled over and ticketed all the time would suck.... which I am sure is why they do it as a deterrent to mods....

That's America muscle there! :uglystupid2: You drive a foreign vehicle and it's not allowed to be loud. You want to read a GREAT article read the off camber in the August Sport Compact. That sums up how I feel about that primitive garbage! :knuppel2: :knuppel2: There is just ZERO reason for them to be that loud! O0

909Evo
07-17-2006, 07:08 PM
You guys are right. there is NO reason whatsoever.

But your focusing your aggression's in the wrong place. Do you think cop's right the laws? Nope, they enforce them. Its what they get paid to do.

I mean, when you go to Subway, do you get mad when the lady only puts 4 slices of meat on your sandwhich? Or do you realize that its what you get, and its what she gets paid for.

Lots and LOTS of laws are bullshit, but they are the law. If your THAT upset, band together and change it. I swear, I'm not pulling a fast one over on you, the cops don't write the penal codes!

blkside
07-17-2006, 07:13 PM
You are getting me totally wrong? I am not going there to bust any cops balls or complain... I am interested in reasoning like why there is a post that says you should pull over cars with stickers... if your a cop you may be able to answer some questions...?

speedracer2169
07-17-2006, 07:15 PM
True but maybe there is a lack of training. Riverside county just got a grant from the OTC for 400k to train officers to prevent street racing and enforce cvc's for modified cars. So to my understanding is that these officers will be able to tell which exhaust is legal and what is not. If a Riverside Sheriff pulls someone over for a stock exhaust like some of us had than to me thats a waste of money and poor training. If San Diego has a Task force dedicated and trained for this than why can't other departments get it right and pull over the real violators and not the avid enthusiast

speedracer2169
07-17-2006, 07:16 PM
You are getting me totally wrong? I am not going there to bust any cops balls or complain... I am interested in reasoning like why there is a post that says you should pull over cars with stickers... if your a cop you may be able to answer some questions...?

then we should pull over cops for having stickers too representing their city

speedracer2169
07-17-2006, 07:18 PM
I was at a friends house and a neighbor was giving him shit about his tint because he's a local cop yet he drives a fkn viper with dark ass tint and a mean ass exhaust. Yeah great example there buddy

blkside
07-17-2006, 07:21 PM
Okay there is an obvious "profiling" of imports and especially EVO's... Its like the good old boys came out of the woodwork. I have seen Ford F150s on 44" Mudswampers and at least 3 feet off the ground... which is hello ..illegal... but I have money if a ferrari and an import were next to each other with loud exhaust the import would get pulled over and the ferrari is on his merry way....

fatboy
07-17-2006, 07:21 PM
Man you guys got it bad in CA, getting pulled over for sporting a sticker alot of profiling on modded cars

speedracer2169
07-17-2006, 07:23 PM
Man you guys got it bad in CA, getting pulled over for sporting a sticker alot of profiling on modded cars

some guy mentioned i dont know of anyone who has been pulled over for that but i remember readin a thread on norcal on how a police department up north mentioned that if they see a car with stickers that it probably has illegal parts and gives them a reason to pull them over

wj4
07-17-2006, 07:27 PM
Okay there is an obvious "profiling" of imports and especially EVO's... Its like the good old boys came out of the woodwork. I have seen Ford F150s on 44" Mudswampers and at least 3 feet off the ground... which is hello ..illegal... but I have money if a ferrari and an import were next to each other with loud exhaust the import would get pulled over and the ferrari is on his merry way....

lol well thats because an import is either an i4 or v6 or i6. i think the loudest import with stock exhaust is the g35, 350z. where as the ferrari comes stock with a v12....kinda hard to silence that i think hehe.
i think thats why american muscle cars get away with so much, because "theyre suppose to sound like that"

ive love to see someone make a comparison video of a smog test between a modded evo and one of those suv's with magnaflow exhaust that are so common now in socal....the outcome will suprised some ppl, lol.

i think us evo owners dont have it bad as honda owners though. u know the first thing htey look for is the intake which is in every modded honda, haha.

speedracer2169
07-17-2006, 07:32 PM
I wonder if i got to a mustang or camaro forum how many of them get nailed for petty crap

blkside
07-17-2006, 07:38 PM
Here I am gonna get a whole bunch of perspective....

In San Diego, street racing had been a serious problem for years and it soon reached epidemic proportions. Eventually, the local racing devotees got so out of control that the state’s Office of Public Safety approached the San Diego Police Department with an offer of a grant to establish a program to combat the problem. So in 2001, a full-time street racing unit dubbed “Dragnet” was established.

“We used non-traditional means of enforcement,” says Det. John Austin. “We did pretty much what the kids would not expect. We would go out and document an incident, and we might take action at that time. Or we would show up at a house of a young racer weeks or months later with an arrest warrant.”

At one location, the Dragnet team documented more than 2,000 cars in one night. “So we knew we had a big problem on our hands. In 2001, we had 16 fatalities and 31 serious injuries,” Austin says.

The Dragnet team decided to establish a multi-pronged approach of enforcement and education. The Dragnet officers addressed the kids, the teachers, the parents, and the media. They also tried an innovative approach of using the Internet.

“We contacted the Internet sites promoting local street racing activities and established moderated forums so that when forum members logged on, the first thing they saw was the cops. It gave them an opportunity to ask questions and get straight answers,” Austin explains.

The Dragnet team also trained other police officers, who spread their message and their methods to other departments. With the receipt of a second grant, more money was then devoted to training throughout the state. This training included hands-on visual training by experts on illegal modification of cars and how to do enforcement of street racing activities. “We look at training of street officers as a force multiplier. If they know what we know, and can look for it, it will have a bigger impact,” says Austin.

Another effort that had a “huge impact,” according to Austin, was the establishment of laws that made it a crime to be a spectator at a street race. “Racing is a huge spectator sport. Well, what if you take that away? The hard core racers will still race. What we stopped was the thousands or so kids who go watch the races,” Austin explains.

With everyone involved in racing being prosecuted and with prosecutors working closely with the police department, Dragnet has seen tangible success. This year, there have been no deaths and no injuries in San Diego that have been attributed to illegal drag racing.

909Evo
07-18-2006, 05:52 PM
I'm glad someone see's both side's of the fence...

blkside
07-18-2006, 05:56 PM
I told you that I wasnt trying to bust balls but if you look at some of their posts and the other auto forums you can blatantly see an import prejudice... I dont wanna be classified in the same category as some dumb 19 year old kid who has no sense... I am 26 years old and have been in the military for almost 9 years... I wanna be treated like I have sense...and not profiled...

909Evo
07-18-2006, 08:02 PM
I DO NOT, repeat DO NOT mean this to you bro,

That being said, I'm gonna say what I told you in a pm. Remember, stereotypes, while they may not be correct, or even ethical, are alive and kicking. And the reason they exist is because something happened often enough to develop a reoccuring pattern. While not all white people eat macaroni and cheese, alot of us do, thus a stereotype is born. While not all black people eat fried chicken, alot do, and a stereotype is born. While not all people with stickers and bling bling chrome altezza tailights are rice rockets, alot of them are, and thus a stereotype is born.

In my opinion, it is ignorance on the part of LE. There is virtually NO formal training when it comes to vehicle modifications. While there are some cops out there who know what to look for, and what is/is not illegal, ALOT of them have no f'n clue. But it is still there job to enforce the law. In a society where the vast majority of voting and tax paying citizens HATE rice rockets, they're will always be VC's put in place to stop them. All the cop's are doing (in most cases, true, some are just assholes) is enforcing the VC's to the best of their abilities. Unfortunately their abilities are limited. But training an entire division of people to combat street racing, and getting them educated, and equiping them with facilities, and paying their salaries, will cost literally MILLIONS.

Imagine for a second you were a law abiding, tax paying, voting, soccer mom with 3 kids. Every day you come across some idiot rice rocket with a fart can who cuts you off on the freeway. Now, think long and hard, do you really HONESTLY think she cares that you can't run a catless turbo back exhaust? Do you think she care's that you get profiled?

I mean, I read thread after thread in GENERAL TALK, about how we get profiled. How many times have your friends called your car a rice rocket? How many times hase anyone REALLY known what an Evo was? Now do you really think that a cop is going to? Be reasonable, and come to grips with life. While you see it as profiling, that same cop has probably been to the scene of a fatal TC, where some beautiful 16 year old girl with her whole life in front of her is dead. Why? Because someone hit her racing. Do you think he should actually be expected to care that you REALLY just have those parts on your car because your an enthusiast? Because you have NEVER gone above 65? Because you have NEVER been up into the mountains or in a canyon? Because you have NEVER taken an intersection faster than you should have?

I mean is EVERYONE lying to themselves?

blkside
07-18-2006, 08:11 PM
I totally agree with you. I understand everything you are saying. At the same time I can tell you that those who complain most are guilty but what really gets me going is how the political backing for this is emissions. If someone could honestly tell me how having my car at 24" at the measured level instead of 25 is any different than a ferrari at 17". Thats what upsets alot of people is that >>Stereotype to follow<< Rich white people can have cars that dont meet certain requirements because they can afford to buy it and we have to mod it. We are on the same page without a doubt...

Oh and me being black(and a lil white...lol) every black person I know eat chicken... especially Roscoes...

909Evo
07-18-2006, 08:18 PM
Capitalism is what makes this wonderful country of ours go round and round bro.

Why don't they fight the wars?
Why don't they pay the taxes?
Why is they're still an electoral college?
Why is there a huge divided gap in education?

I understand what your saying though. But now we'd go WAY off topic!

blkside
07-18-2006, 08:25 PM
I understand... we are gonna have to sit down and resolve the worlds problems... over a beer? I got nothing but time out here...lol

Hkysk8r07
08-12-2006, 02:02 PM
http://www.chpforums.com/

speedracer2169
08-12-2006, 02:07 PM
ooo good find

Hkysk8r07
08-12-2006, 02:44 PM
http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49928

OMG :lol:

silvery_eagle
08-13-2006, 12:13 AM
wow

x[corwyn]
08-13-2006, 12:46 AM
THIS is one of MANY reasons why I dislike cops. Go around in a ricer car and they leap on you like its a dunkin donuts sale. Have a legitimate issue and definitely a crime and they can't be bothered.

http://crashclub.net/viewtopic.php?t=229

evotistic
08-17-2006, 12:43 PM
Okay, I just read through this post and the links to the officer forum posts. Maybe it's just me, but did you guys catch some of there sigs?

ie: you are talking to me like you have too many teeth in your mouth.

wow. I am referring to the post about the member asking the question about his altezza style tails on his V-6 mustang. One of the officers replied "why didnt you just spend the money on the premium mustang?"

I was an MP for 6 years in the Army, and have close relatives that are Sherrif Deputies here in CA. But, I didn't think that there were officers that blatantly are that ignorant....

Sorry, just an observation.

CJS-IX-SE
08-26-2006, 03:53 AM
some cops dont like us because we actually live better than they do. some like us because they have nothing better to do and like to mess with us on the free way, some like to fuck with us because they are profiled as well and in turn profile us.

i have come into contact with all types of cops, living on coronado island in a richy part of town with a evo its kind of hard not to get noticed.

some cops i know own exotic cars, ive even let a cop test drive my car while he was on duty and he pushed it on the free way.

i have had cops come up and be complete dicks because they had a bad night.

you never know you can always get lucky or you can get the short stick.

sometimes, you just have to bite the bullet and hope for the best. I plan on becoming a cop when i get out of the military, and I will still drive my evo the same way I do now. but that is just me and my personality. i have no reason to think other wise at this point in time.

chris.

x[corwyn]
08-26-2006, 01:37 PM
Lets hope the badge doesn't go to your head....I have met a few cool cops, but they are outnumbered far and few between all the assholes I have met. Psychological profiling also states the same personality type of criminals become police officers.

Evolution22plus1
08-26-2006, 02:24 PM
... I look at the different situations... why can harleys be so loud and nothing happens to them... I was on the Phone with Ricardon yesterday and a harleu drove by and I couldnt hear shit

I can answer this one...a couple months ago an off duty CHP came into my work and I sold him a phone...he was pretty cool he was complimenting my car, and i told him my mods b4 i found out he was CHP (oops!) but anywho, I asked him two questions:
Q) Is it true that you guys target cars with large spoilers?
A) Not really, as long as your going with traffic on the freeway we dont pick on you. Its when your changing lanes and speeding that your spoiler grabs our attention.
Q) How come motorcycles can have there exhaust extremely loud?
A) There is no law against how loud a motorbike can be. If it was me I'd want my bike as loud as possible just so other vehicles can be aware of where I am so they dont run into me.

And he also asked me about my radar detector, he asked me if it worked and I told him that its saved me a couple times. He told me that he almost never uses his radar, instead he paces the car and then turns his radar on....but he was cool overall I told him i was straight piped b4 I knew he was CHP and he didnt say anything about that...I guess cuz I hooked him up....

909Evo
08-27-2006, 03:47 PM
]
Lets hope the badge doesn't go to your head....I have met a few cool cops, but they are outnumbered far and few between all the assholes I have met. Psychological profiling also states the same personality type of criminals become police officers.

I'm willing to bet that most people posses the same personality traits of criminals...