PDA

View Full Version : wife just got tint fix it ticket

REDEVO951
07-16-2006, 07:11 PM
well wifey was in san diego visting her parents when she got pulled over by chp for tint and no front plate when wifey ask why are you not pulling over the speeders and wasting your tme on this petty s**t. the cop said tell the courts why you think this is petty! anyway now i have to find out which is cheaper remove the tint get it signed off and put the tint back on or just pay the fine? the chp must of sean the previews for tokyo drift and was so happy to pull a "drifter" over stupid cops!

kicker
07-16-2006, 08:15 PM
SAMETHING HAPPENED TO ME I JUSTED PAYED THE FINE DIDENT WANT TO GET IT RETINTED AND WATE THE FEW DAYS FOR THE TENT TO DRY

MR Dan
07-17-2006, 06:22 AM
dude...the best way to take care of tint fix-it tickets is to use plexi-glass and get it cut the shape of the driver and pass. side window......right before you get to the court house/ inspection station, just roll down your tinted windows and place the plexi-glass.....ive been doing this ever since 1998*with my other rides..* O0

itsnino
07-17-2006, 10:09 AM
dude...the best way to take care of tint fix-it tickets is to use plexi-glass and get it cut the shape of the driver and pass. side window......right before you get the the court house/ inspection station, just roll down your tinted windows and place the plexi-glass.....ive been doing this ever since 1998 with my other rides.. O0

haha, no way? you my friend are my hero of the week!

JDMC-WestEVO
07-17-2006, 10:21 AM
omg that is ingenius hahaha

kEvo VIII
07-17-2006, 10:58 AM
omg that is ingenius hahaha

+ 1

x[corwyn]
07-17-2006, 11:02 AM
dude...the best way to take care of tint fix-it tickets is to use plexi-glass and get it cut the shape of the driver and pass. side window......right before you get the the court house/ inspection station, just roll down your tinted windows and place the plexi-glass.....ive been doing this ever since 1998 with my other rides.. O0

Dude you rock. I just had to deal with the BS of paying for removing my tint and now I have to pop for reapplying it. Any ideas where to get the plexi glass, and who or how to get it cut?

MR Dan
07-17-2006, 12:15 PM
you can get plexi glass from home depot or a plastic supply warehouse.......i cut my own with a roto-zip O0 .........its not my fault if it looks like ass and the cop doesnt sign off so please take your time cutting!!!!

Macky
07-17-2006, 03:48 PM
you can get plexi glass from home depot or a plastic supply warehouse.......i cut my own with a roto-zip O0 .........its not my fault if it looks like ass and the cop doesnt sign off so please take your time cutting!!!!

so how about the rear windshield and the rear quarter windows?

07-17-2006, 04:06 PM

Tint is only illegal for the front windows and windshield.

07-17-2006, 04:09 PM
well wifey was in san diego visting her parents when she got pulled over by chp for tint and no front plate when wifey ask why are you not pulling over the speeders and wasting your tme on this petty s**t. the cop said tell the courts why you think this is petty! anyway now i have to find out which is cheaper remove the tint get it signed off and put the tint back on or just pay the fine? the chp must of sean the previews for tokyo drift and was so happy to pull a "drifter" over stupid cops!

If you don't go with the plexiglass route..* :laugh: I paid a little over 100 for the fix it ticket (didn't have to take off tint) at the SD courthouse. You could also get a 1 month extension if you want as well.

airforce1
07-17-2006, 04:09 PM
nice idea.....but the cops can be snoopy and really inspect the windows. *Does it look like real glass?

Macky
07-17-2006, 04:11 PM

Tint is only illegal for the front windows and windshield.

yes i know. still, having dark tint out in the back can still be a reason for them to stop you if you're not lucky enough.

nice idea though.

REDEVO951
07-17-2006, 04:43 PM
COOL GOING TO HOMEDEPOT TONIGHT

Skiracer
07-17-2006, 04:46 PM
I had 50% up front, 20% tint in the rears. Cop pulled me ova and still gave me a window tint ticket and you can barely tell its up front!!! :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

So,now i roll with no tint on the front windows and haven't been bothered since. Besides, front window tint invites the popo to "pop the hood son"

909Evo
07-17-2006, 06:42 PM
I'm sorry dude, I agree that ALOT of vc's are petty stuff.

Tint however, is not one of them. Put yourself in a cops shoes. Its dark outside, you have no idea who is in the car, what they are doing, and what is pointed right at you. For all you know the guy could be leaned over with a gun in his lap, pointed right at your face. Unfortunately you can't tell because the windows are tinted.

I love tinted windows, and won't drive my cars without them. But it is a HUGE safety issue, I mean HUGE. 99% of the time though, you only get that ticket if your being an ass clown....

Skiracer
07-17-2006, 06:55 PM
Reason why cops don't give out a lot of tickets for window tint is cuz the fines are tiny amts of $$, and not worthwhile of an officer's time whereas he can go nail some honda civic with 6" exhaust tip and collect a $300 fine from that.

speedracer2169
07-17-2006, 06:58 PM
however it does give them a justifiable (

redteam22003
07-18-2006, 12:41 PM
dude...the best way to take care of tint fix-it tickets is to use plexi-glass and get it cut the shape of the driver and pass. side window......right before you get to the court house/ inspection station, just roll down your tinted windows and place the plexi-glass.....ive been doing this ever since 1998 with my other rides.. O0
+1,000,000

speedracer2169
07-18-2006, 12:42 PM
dude...the best way to take care of tint fix-it tickets is to use plexi-glass and get it cut the shape of the driver and pass. side window......right before you get to the court house/ inspection station, just roll down your tinted windows and place the plexi-glass.....ive been doing this ever since 1998 with my other rides.. O0
+1,000,000

seriously ??? post some pis I gotta see this

MR Dan
07-18-2006, 01:35 PM
i made the window cutouts for my previous rides which i have sold.....I havent made any for the evos yet...heck, i didnt even tint my windows yet...but once i do, i'll make another cutout.....

manafest
07-20-2006, 05:44 PM
awww man, i wanna tint my car... i hope i dont get pulled over for tint :-\

thisxguy
07-20-2006, 06:05 PM
dan...you are a geneious. does the plexi-glass look like a real window?

do the cops not make you roll your window down or anything? they just look to see if there's no tint...and your ticket vanishes?

MR Dan
07-22-2006, 08:44 AM
dan...you are a geneious. does the plexi-glass look like a real window?

do the cops not make you roll your window down or anything? they just look to see if there's no tint...and your ticket vanishes?

the Plexi-glass or Lexan looks like the real glass IF its not scratched, etc...... ..the cop just looks to just check for the tint unless you offer to roll it down... :laugh: .....then go pay the $10 fee (damn thats lunch $$$ >:( )

thisxguy
07-22-2006, 11:57 AM
hm...what if the cop decides to be a dick and tap your "window" or tell you to roll it down?

lol

909Evo
07-22-2006, 01:11 PM
hm...what if the cop decides to be a dick and tap your "window" or tell you to roll it down?

I like how it makes him a dick if he catches you cheating the system...

MR Dan
07-24-2006, 11:21 AM
haha...if the cop taps the window, just tell him thats how it came from the factory for weight savings...* :grin:

x[corwyn]
07-26-2006, 05:36 PM

I like how it makes him a dick if he catches you cheating the system...

I like how it makes him a dick for picking on minor issues when there are people in SUVs driving like crap while watching DVDs, sipping latte's, applying makeup and in general driving like shit, hitting their brakes every 3 seconds because they never mastered the art of driving with thier knees.

Or how about the Mexican vehicles putting out more pollution from their one beaner mobile than all of our cars combined, filled to the hilt with people driving 20 mph under the speed limit, and going along with their hazards on.

Or how about the old people driving with their turn signals on, weaving at 20 mph, and not paying attention to the road.

Or how about the hipocritical same cops that roll with THEIR windows tinted, and loud exhausts that don't give each other tickets for such BS offenses.

Better yet what about the *gasp* people that are actually committing a REAL crime like, say stealing a car, or hit and run, or any other numerous offenses that a cop giving a guy tint window tickets probably would have a better chance getting.

Of course its all about the easy revenue. Well we may have to live with it....But we don't have to respect it. Been a motorcycle rider, a skateboarder, and also like sport cars. Never been to jail, never committed anything worse than speeding in my life. Yet I'm a criminal because of the things I like. Fuck traffic cops. If I have my way there should be a special place in hell for them.

pog0
08-02-2006, 10:05 AM
Well it depends where you are in SD. If you are in the CV or SSD area, the cops dont even come out and look at your car. I just got popped for window tint and this weekend I will be going to test it out. A bunch of my friends who have got exhaust tickets say it works.