PDA

View Full Version : SpeedtrialUSA, August 12-13 at Buttonwillow

speedform
07-17-2006, 10:57 AM
http://www.speedtrialusa.com/index1.html

Who's in? We're running the full track on Saturday and West Loop on Sunday. See ya there.

WavMixer
07-17-2006, 01:17 PM
Like WOW! On a weekend even. I'll have to try and make this if I can swing it.

speedform
07-26-2006, 05:14 PM
Still tonnes of room for this event! The temps are starting to come down so it 'shouldn't' be as hot as it's been this past month.
Hopefully I'll see SOME of you there! cheers,

speedform
08-02-2006, 12:35 PM
Due to a lack of interest, Sunday's event has been cancelled.

Saturday is still a go and there is plenty of room left.

Richard EVO
08-02-2006, 04:17 PM
Sorry to hear that about Sunday. For anyone who is going to the Speed Trials USA event at Buttonwillow on Sat. Aug. 12 and still wants to get (a lot) of track time on Sun. Aug. 13, why not drive to Rosamond Sat. night and join the TEAM Racing event at Streets of Willow on Sunday (see "It's a Go!" thread on this forum). Take I-5 south to Highway 138 east to Highway 14 north. It's not that far. 8)

speedform
08-04-2006, 03:23 PM
Hey! That's a pretty good idea!

Richard EVO
08-04-2006, 03:35 PM
Hey! That's a pretty good idea!

speedform -

I will be at Buttonwillow on Friday Aug. 11 with SpeedVentures, and then I'm going to Streets of Willow for the weekend. I was going to ask Aaron of SpeedVentures if he minds if I pass out flyers to the drivers of his event about the TEAM Racing weekend at Streets. So I guess I'll ask you the same thing.

I have no financial stake in TEAM Racing, but Bonni is a friend and she has agreed to go forward with the Aug. 12 & 13 event, even though there's a big chance she is going to lose money on it; I'm just trying to help her out. If you would be willing to let people know about the event at Streets, that would be great. I can leave an envelope for you with flyers at the Buttonwillow track office.

I hope it's not too much to ask. I don't think helping out Bonni will cut into Speed Trial's business because most of her events are in NorCal (usually Thunderhill). Thanks.

Bonster
08-04-2006, 04:52 PM
Awww, thanks Richard and speedform for helping us out.Â* I sure do appreciate it!Â* And you know, one can never have enough Evos at the track.Â* If we get a few more, I just might have to bring my racecar down to see if I can keep up with you all.Â* ;)

BW

speedform
08-05-2006, 04:30 PM
That shouldn't be a problem. As long as Tommy at Speedtrials is okay with it, I'd be happy to.

Hey Bonni,

Let me know if you need any instructors for your event. I'll be instructing at the Speedtrial event on Saturday and could shoot over to Streets that evening for the Sunday event. Either that or I go home and clean my house. ;)

Let me know. cheers,

Bonster
08-06-2006, 04:42 PM
Hey Bonni,

Let me know if you need any instructors for your event.

***Hmmm . . . we are very short of drivers, and I'm looking at a LOT of out of pocket expenses just to make this event a go. We do have 'evobeaner' signed up, and it looks like he'll need a little help (he has two track days prior to this) on Saturday (he only signed up for one day). Would you be willing to pay half price as an instructor this time around? You probably won't have to spend much time with him, so you'd get a lot of track time CHEAP. I can't really afford to comp instructors much right now. We have two students, and four instructors already. One of our instructors (he has a Lotus Elise) is even offering to pay anyway. But I don't wanna see you have to clean your house. A day at the track is far better. Perhaps email me at [email protected] or give me a call at (916) 320-4020 and we can talk. Usually I comp instructors, but this event is just so short of drivers that I really can't afford it. OR -- come out and don't worry about instructing, and just have a fun, cheap track day. :D

BW

Richard EVO
08-06-2006, 08:07 PM
I really think it's a WIN-WIN situation if we can get some Speed Trial USA members and instructiors to come out to Streets of Willow on Sunday Aug. 13 after the STUSA event on Sat. Aug. 12 at Buttonwillow. For STUSA drivers who were disappointed that the Sun. event was cancelled, it's a chance to go out and run on Sunday at SoW, for only $150. You will get tons of track time, as sign-ups are low.

For TEAM Racing, its a chance to add some participants to an event that needs more drivers, and we all get to have a blast on Streets of Willow to boot. Please join us. O0

speedform
08-09-2006, 09:22 AM
There's still some space left for this Saturday's event at Buttonwillow. Who's in people!

www.speedtrialusa.com

Richard EVO
08-10-2006, 01:37 PM
Who from here is actually attending the Speed Trial USA event at Buttonwillow on Sat. Aug. 12? Thanks.

Mister
08-10-2006, 07:21 PM
Wish I could make the BW event tomorrow.. :-\