PDA

View Full Version : From the Muellerized... Vault, Kent's return to Willow Springs

Muellerized...
07-19-2006, 05:04 PM
Here is a 1:28.2 lap, our driver facing Willow Springs for the first time since 'the big one'

When I grow up I want to have the poise that my driver has, after having such a bad experience the last lap he drove at Willow Springs, he strapped on our Evo and drove like last January never happened. O0

http://www.muellerized.com/videos/92-silver_car/Willow%20Springs/willow%20springs%201.28.2.wmv

kimletrim
07-19-2006, 05:26 PM
That's fast. That's smooth...that's a driver!

OMEGA
07-19-2006, 06:40 PM
very clean run. . . good driver in a great car

Richard EVO
07-19-2006, 07:53 PM
John - Thanks. That's the video I was asking you for yesterday. Kent's speed through Turns 1, 3 and 9 are especially impressive, as is his ability not to scrub of too much speed as he makes the transition in Turn 5 from the right side entry all the way over to the other side to hug the left side berm up the hill toward Turn 6.

I have a lot of practice to do at Big Willow. :mitsu:

tabio42
07-19-2006, 08:17 PM
Nice. What is the best time you guys have run at willow so far?

slider
07-20-2006, 06:29 AM
Still can go faster thru 2 and wider at the exit, entering 3 way early and not as patient turning into 5. The pussy still lifts thru 8 and scrubs off too much before nine and doesn't use enough at the exit.

The car that day was capable of 26's I do believe

Richard EVO
07-20-2006, 07:09 AM
Still can go faster thru 2 and wider at the exit, entering 3 way early and not as patient turning into 5. The pussy still lifts thru 8 and scrubs off too much before nine and doesn't use enough at the exit.

Don't talk about yourself that way. At least refer to yourself as "Mr. Pussy." lol.

I don't agree about Turn 3. The Omega is my best part of the track. It's the one place (besides the front straight) where I always catch up to the driver in front of me. I take the make the same early turn in that you do, and I really think it works. It puts you on a line going up the hill where you can get on the gas fast, and make a gentle turn of the wheel to the right as you head toward Turn 4, while the uphill and lateral slant of the Omega holds you in.

ArBizZzLe
07-20-2006, 07:22 AM
Awesome, can't wait to get home and see the vid!

leaveit2bevo
07-20-2006, 11:29 AM
damn your a beast that was a sick run

tabio42
07-20-2006, 12:50 PM

Question - this might be too NASCAR minded but it seems like on turn 2 you are inside of where all the rubber has been laid down by other cars' tires. If all factors of driver skill and vehicle dynamics were minimized, does that line provide more traction? Or does that only work when there are a lot of cars on the track?

Richard EVO
07-20-2006, 01:14 PM
Hugging the inside of Turn 2 is the EVO (awd) line. The traditional rwd line goes thru the center of Turn 2.

trinydex
08-21-2006, 02:13 AM
anyone notice that the camra hardly shakes. gotta alove those motons.