PDA

View Full Version : Feeler: Streets of Willow Aug. 12 & 13?

Richard EVO
07-24-2006, 09:55 PM
I think I may have found an HPDE event organizer to take the weekend at Streets that has been given up by RacerFactory (they are going out of business).* I need to get an idea of how many SoCalEvo members would want to come out.* The event would cost about $150 for one day or $275 for both days.* Lunch is included in the price.* This event organizer runs a lot of events in NorCal, and I went to their first event at Buttonwillow in May and it was a great event - laid back with lots of track time.* There would be 3 run groups and instruction for newbies.

Miss Evo8 -

The event organizer I am talking about is the only woman I have ever met who runs HPDE events.

I am not going to divulge the name until I get a firm commitment from the organizer, but let's come out and support anyone who makes the track available to us for a reasonable price.* So whaddya say?* O0

denon728
07-24-2006, 10:08 PM
I just signed up for this through Race Factory last night, so I'm in for both days.

Richard EVO
07-24-2006, 10:11 PM
I just signed up for this through Race Factory last night, so I'm in for both days.

That's funny.* I have known since last week that RacerFactory was calling it quits and cancelling the Aug. 12 & 13 Streets of Willow event.* Rich Barker really needs to update his website. You will get a full refund from RacerFactory.* Thanks for letting me know you would come out for the event.

Barfly
07-25-2006, 03:57 PM
Wish I had more notice. Unfortunately won't be able to make it. I loved running the track last weekend (in the GG IX MR with spoiler). ;)

Bonster
07-25-2006, 06:10 PM
Wish I had more notice.

***Eheh, me too. :( Some business for the track is better than no business, so maybe we can work out a deal or something, who knows? I really do miss that track. I think I learned more there than just about any track anywhere (short of Sears Point). Hanging out there for two days actually dropped my times considerably at other tracks in the state, and finally gave me the guts to run Sears for the first time.

Everybody, please try and spread the word. I know how much Richard Evo wants to do this, and I'd really like to put the event on and see all the smiles. It's a long drive for me (7 hours driving, about 8 towing), but it will be worth it if you all get to have fun (and buy me a beer afterwards, lol). :)

BW

Track God
07-25-2006, 06:21 PM
Sounds like fun. But don't count me if you are counting Richard. :2funny:

Richard EVO
07-25-2006, 06:23 PM
Well, I guess the cat's out of the bag. T.E.A.M. Racing's owner, Bonni Weatherwax, is considering the Aug. 12 & 13 weekend at Streets of Willow. No one wants Bonni to lose money (least of all Bonni), so we need to figure out in short order if we can make this happen. Any SoCalEvo members that think they would probably come out if the event takes place, pleeeezzzze let us know ASAP. Thanks. :coolsmiley:

Bonster
07-25-2006, 06:28 PM

***Oh my . . . I didn't know Richard had a fan club. *;) *What's wrong? *Do you keep seeing his tail lights? *We can help you change that -- we have instructors. *Lol. *Give me those keys -- I'll show ya. *Richard can be passed. *<evil grin> *Well, even if I can't pass him, give me the keys anyway. *I LOVE turbos!!!

BW ~ Normally Aspirated Spec Miata racecar <shrug>

Richard EVO
07-25-2006, 06:35 PM

***Oh my . . . I didn't know Richard had a fan club.

Fan club??? Hardly -- I get tons of hate mail from some of the members here. They call me "Mr. Asshole" and stuff like that. This morning someone sarcastically said I think I am a "Track God" (far from it, but it's still funny). I liked that one so much that I created an alter ego. SoCalEvo member Track God occupies the exact same space and time as Richard EVO, so you can't count both of us for the event, and we sure aren't paying two entry fees. lmfao

Bonster
07-25-2006, 06:39 PM
Lol, Richard. *Yes, Richard asked and I said I would consider it. *T.E.A.M. Racing (http://www.team-racing.org) has been putting on events since 2002 and we have really *grown over the years. *We don't do this to make a profit (well, some profit is good for when events don't fill so that we can pay the track, etc.), but rather, to offer low-priced events without jeopardizing safe, top-knotch, FUN events. *I know the staff at TRD's WSIR very closely -- Danny McKeever is like a father to me. *I guarantee you all will have a wonderful time, meet new friends, get to talk Evos, have fun 'bench racing', and best of all, you'll have more fun than ever before driving your beloved Evo.

NOW can I have the keys?!? *Lol. *:D

BW

Bonster
07-25-2006, 06:43 PM
Fan club??? Hardly -- I get tons of hate mail from some of the members here. I liked that one so much that I created an alter ego.

***Woah. I don't think I've ever received 'hate mail'. Guess I'm just cuter than you are or something. ;) Nahhh . . . Hmmm . . . sounds like you have multiple personality disorder. You will have to pay for every voice in your head. ROFL. I once saw a great teeshirt that said, "If all the voices in my head would pay rent, I wouldn't be so broke." :D

BW