PDA

View Full Version : Most mod-friendly dealership around

NaorisG
07-24-2006, 10:38 PM
Hey guys, new to the forums.

I was planning to get my Evo in Florida, but I didnt get one yet as my family decided to move out here (Los Angeles).

I live in Encino to be more specific but basically I am looking for the most mod-friendly dealership within a 2-3 hour drive.
The closer the better obviously.

Thanks!

j_nizzle
07-24-2006, 10:42 PM
huntington beach mitsubishi!!!!!

wj4
07-24-2006, 10:47 PM
I live in Encino to be more specific but basically I am looking for the most mod-friendly dealership within a 2-3 hour drive.

how do u like the hot valley weather? lol. hb and south coast are great but theyre about an hour each way. i take mine to glendale mitsu...which is closer to us.

NaorisG
07-24-2006, 10:54 PM
Is Glendale Mitsu mod-friendly? How far is it from my area?
I am already taking a look at HB and South Coast, I am calling HB tomorrow actually.

And yes, I am loving the heat :-P

wj4
07-24-2006, 11:15 PM
Is Glendale Mitsu mod-friendly? How far is it from my area?
I am already taking a look at HB and South Coast, I am calling HB tomorrow actually.

And yes, I am loving the heat :-P

the question is what are you having done that requires you to go to mod friendly dealerships? if its a substantial claim, the dealership would need to call a mitsu rep and theyll be the ones deciding...
glendale is cool with mods, but i havent got anything wrong with my car yet for me to really find out. i just go there for oil changes and maintenance. they did replace a fuse for me when it blew out tho, lol...the fleet manager has an evo as well, and the head guy of parts and service is friendly with modded cars.

glendale is probably around 30-40 mins from your area i think. takes me about 25 mins to get there in fair traffic, but youre across the otherside of the valley.

NaorisG
07-25-2006, 11:52 AM
I think I am getting my hopes way too high, I want to get a TBE and a tune but I already know thats doubtful.

NaorisG
07-25-2006, 12:04 PM
Is there anyway to get this moved to the Buyers Corner forum?

wj4
07-25-2006, 03:07 PM
I think I am getting my hopes way too high, I want to get a TBE and a tune but I already know thats doubtful.

what does the tbe and a tune has to do with friendly dealerships though? what you want is basically stage 1 that is very common on here. i also have the tbe, fuel pump, bigger injectors, bov and mbc along with s-afcII tuned.
if youre just taking your car in for maintenance, they wont give you any hassle for it. but if you tuned your car yourself and made it too lean and end up blowing up the engine...thats a different story.

NaorisG
07-25-2006, 03:14 PM
I am not going to tune it myself haha.
I just want to be able to have something atleast like a TBE + tune and have full warranty.

wj4
07-25-2006, 04:36 PM
I am not going to tune it myself haha.
I just want to be able to have something atleast like a TBE + tune and have full warranty.

there is an act that says the dealership must proove your aftermarket part(s) is the cause of what you are claiming.
so say you have a catback, and your tranny goes out and the dealership says "bigger catback caused rattling that made the gearbox messed up"...thats BS.
but if something does malfunction or goes wrong, while the parts you installed cause it...you are at fault on that and the dealership isnt responsible.

NaorisG
07-25-2006, 04:49 PM
Yes, but people are being denied all over the place, and they will say no at first if something big happens, even if it isnt related to my aftermarket parts. Then I will have to go through a huge hassel in order to get it warrantied, I would much rather have a dealership that is okay with it in the first place

DruMMinStUd06
07-26-2006, 09:51 PM
HB...no hassles

Macky
07-26-2006, 09:56 PM
HB...no hassles

+1

gevo
07-27-2006, 06:34 AM
HB...no hassles

+1

How would they be as far as fixing synchros on a modded car?

Macky
07-27-2006, 07:32 AM
HB...no hassles

+1

same as a normal evo. paying them to fix synchros on a modded car, please understand, is one thing.

going to any dealership expecting them to fix your synchros for free because your modded car broke it is quote another. ;)

manafest
07-28-2006, 10:21 AM
HB...no hassles

+1

same as a normal evo. paying them to fix synchros on a modded car, please understand, is one thing.

going to any dealership expecting them to fix your synchros for free because your modded car broke it is quote another. ;)

hmmm very good point indeed

gen4k20a2
07-28-2006, 12:17 PM
as long as your mod played a roll in the damage of the part

LB_CT9A
07-31-2006, 07:53 PM
so if i bought the car at like lets say "Cerritos Mitsu" and the sticker is still on it..can i still bring it to HB Mitsu??? *i didnt buy mine at cerritos, just wanted it as example*

wj4
07-31-2006, 11:39 PM
so if i bought the car at like lets say "Cerritos Mitsu" and the sticker is still on it..can i still bring it to HB Mitsu??? *i didnt buy mine at cerritos, just wanted it as example*

yup, it doesnt matter where u bought the car from.

NaorisG
08-02-2006, 08:23 AM
I think I will go to HB regardless of where I buy, I am talking to HB right now working out a deal, but if some other idiot dealership wans to give thier Evo away for cheap, I might have to take up thier offer :)

blkside
08-02-2006, 06:27 PM
So I hope you are getting what you want NaorisG. They take good care of people there... You been looking around here... theres alot of badass things...on this site that you wont find on any other like RRE/RRC... lol

NaorisG
08-04-2006, 03:00 PM
Thanks man
I am planning on getting the Black MR w/ Apperance Package, and I want to get a Buschur TBE with a tune and not void my warranty.
That is my immediate goal, eventually I would like to get more covered on warranty, but what I am looking for at the moment, is that.

LB_CT9A
08-04-2006, 06:18 PM

yup, it doesnt matter where u bought the car from.

+1

hey macky your pretty popular over there...i saw pics of your car everywhere in there...

blkside
08-05-2006, 02:46 PM
Hey Naoris why dont you look at the Road Race Engineering website... they are local and can do anything Buschur can do.. Thats who I deciced to go with....Everyone has nothing but praise for these guys....

NaorisG
08-06-2006, 05:10 PM
Buschur gives good numbers and is pretty cheap, I will check them out and compare, but I have my mind set pretty much on Buschur.

blkside
08-06-2006, 05:22 PM
Yeah I have looked into them also especially since while I am in tenn I am only like 3 hours away but I think I would rather have my tuner local (when I get to CA) cause if they screw up something like a mail in flash I wanna be able to kick their ass for only the price of gas....LOL Its all personal opinion. I decided on doing my own setup after seeing how many people are doing the kits.... I wanna come to a meet and be unique... thats just me...

gen4k20a2
08-06-2006, 05:23 PM
Thanks man
I am planning on getting the Black MR w/ Apperance Package, and I want to get a Buschur TBE with a tune and not void my warranty.
That is my immediate goal, eventually I would like to get more covered on warranty, but what I am looking for at the moment, is that.

Ok well when you tune your engine mitsu is gunna have the right to throw your warranty out the window in terms of your engine and and tranny.

your engine was tuned away from factory specs thus cause the problem.
or
the extra power you gained from moddin the car caused the tranny to blow or the part related.

Be ready for those and that they will no longer warranty your car for the engine and tranny.

trinydex
08-06-2006, 05:41 PM
glendale and hb are most talked about... southcoast is a sponser.

NaorisG
08-06-2006, 11:58 PM
I am trying to find a dealership that I can notify them of the Tune before I do it, to make sure everything will be okay.

NaorisG
08-07-2006, 12:17 AM
Blkside,
I am only talking about getting the Buschur Exhaust most likely, I don't think I will have them do my tune aswell, or is that a bad idea? I never thought that getting the actual Exhaust from one person, and getting a tune form someone else would be a problem....

blkside
08-07-2006, 07:36 AM
No its not a problem... but like I was saying if you have a defect with the product you gotta deal with shipping and phone tag plus RRE has in house exhaust and you can pick your muffler and setup as well... I am just saying all I do is research and all of the in house products for each of these places are similar in performance and the quality are all pretty close... Personal Preference is all it is...

Miss Evo8
08-07-2006, 09:48 AM
Hey guys, new to the forums.

I was planning to get my Evo in Florida, but I didnt get one yet as my family decided to move out here (Los Angeles).

Thanks!

HB! Everytime I bring my car in they ask what I've done to it lately and I have had warranty work done with Mods...If you havent bought your car yet go to HB!!!! Service is top notch..then you can become one of the family there...its kind of an Evo owner hang out spot at times!

NaorisG
08-07-2006, 11:24 AM
Yeah, I will check it out, do you have AIM or anything?

Hamburgler
08-08-2006, 10:34 AM
HB...no hassles

+1

+1

kimletrim
08-08-2006, 10:56 AM
I think this topic might be more aptly titled, "Which dealers are DEFINITELY NOT mod friendly" There are several which will accomodate mods, but ultimately there is only so much the dealer can do before the Mitsu reps step in and take a look.

gen4k20a2
08-08-2006, 01:39 PM
I think this topic might be more aptly titled, "Which dealers are DEFINITELY NOT mod friendly" There are several which will accomodate mods, but ultimately there is only so much the dealer can do before the Mitsu reps step in and take a look.

Ya if youre getting an engine rebuild or a tranny rebuild...trust me a rep will probably come take a look at your car

NaorisG
08-08-2006, 04:05 PM
Lol actually I was talking to blkside...
and guys I dont know if you guys have read the entire thread but, I am only talking about a TBE + Tune and maybe a little bit more. I am not looking to have a 500WHP on full warranty :D

blkside
08-08-2006, 04:21 PM
sgt_timsmith(yahoo IM) Im on now... yeah everyone has opinions... it all depends...add me and we can talk....

NaorisG
08-08-2006, 06:32 PM
I am on a Mac, I don't think I can get yahoo messenger...

gen4k20a2
08-10-2006, 08:49 AM
Even so when you mess with the engine in any way other than an intake or something that will give you only 10 to 15hp....they wont warranty you. Theyll say the engine is made for this amount of power...you forced it to have more thus the engine/tranny broke due to your fault. The lack of a cat and the tune is what would kill you. Remember you need to be able to prove that what failed isnt due to what mods you have.

AlexEvo
09-28-2006, 11:08 PM
gen4k20a2, i thought the burden of proof was on the dealership to PROVE that the mods are what did the damage. not just say that the mods did it.

gen4k20a2
10-04-2006, 04:48 PM
thats true but think of it this way. The combination of excessive power to the engine, where 10-15 would be the max that the factory would have as a range, could lead to the failure of other parts as they were only meant to handle your stock HP. More power = more wear on tranny. 10-15 wouldnt do a damn thing....100hp...now the dealer has a case.

Now on the other hand say you use an aftermarket clutch. That is something you can fight and win easily. Many clutches "street kit by ACT" as an example, dont do much different than the material used and the such. you dont stress the engine more by having the clutch. I asked ACT and they said that their street clutch was meant as a replacement for the stock setup.

understand? (ive dealt with honda over this shit and i pretty much know what flys and what doesnt)
Knowledge is power when it comes to dealers