PDA

View Full Version : It's a Go! Streets of Willow Aug. 12 & 13

Richard EVO
07-27-2006, 05:28 PM
I ran with Bonni's group, T.E.A.M. Racing at Buttonwillow in May, and I will vouch that it's a great group, laid back with lots of track time and an emphasis on safety.Â* I plan to be there and I hope some of you SoCalEvo track hounds will come out to.Â* O0Â* Here's Bonni's e-mail on the event with sign-up info:

We decided that we have enough interest to go for this event at the Streets
of Willows on August 12th and 13th.Â* Cost is $150 for one day, $275 for both
days, and includes, as always, catered lunches, Gatorade and bottled water,
healthy snacks, instruction, and lots of track time!. Just
think . . . fun, tight 1.8 (what I fondly call a "big giant autocross")
course to really put your car to the test and greatly improve your personal
high performance driving skills!Â* Registration and tech forms are on the
website at http://www.onemain.com/~bonster/schedule.html

We got this event at the last minute and need to cover some expenses quickly, so PayPal might be a good way to get the money over quickly (use [email protected] for the contact). Be a little spontaneous, treat yourself to some good ol' fashioned track time.Â* See you there!Â* :)

Bonni Weatherwax ~ http://www.team-racing.org
"It's not how fast you go, but how big your grin is!"

Bonni Weatherwax ~ http://www.team-racing.org
"It's not how fast you go, but how big your grin is!"

denon728
07-27-2006, 07:29 PM
Do you have a contact email for Race Factory other than the one on their website. They charged my credit card $275, but I haven't heard anything about getting my money back.

Richard EVO
07-27-2006, 07:33 PM
Do you have a contact email for Race Factory other than the one on their website. They charged my credit card $275, but I haven't heard anything about getting my money back.

You got PM

Bonster
07-29-2006, 01:56 PM
I talked to Rich at Racer Factory a couple of days ago -- he said he was in the process of refunding the folks who signed up. Did you get your refund yet, Mark? I got your payment, as you know, and your registation. I can't wait to see your shiny new Evo!

BW

denon728
07-31-2006, 04:39 PM
I talked to Rich at Racer Factory a couple of days ago -- he said he was in the process of refunding the folks who signed up. Did you get your refund yet, Mark? I got your payment, as you know, and your registation. I can't wait to see your shiny new Evo!

BW

Yes I got the refund. Thanks. I'll see you then.

Richard EVO
07-31-2006, 09:20 PM
I'm all signed up. This event should be a blast with tons of track time. How about some more SoCalEvo members come out and represent? :coolsmiley:

blkside
07-31-2006, 09:25 PM
Is there anything scheduled for any tracks anytime in sept? I am home for 2 weeks in sept and wanted to squeeze in a track day... and any links to websites

evobeaner
07-31-2006, 11:14 PM
will they let you drive in shorts and t-shirt.
also, can you use m2000 rated helmet, or does it have to be sa2005 type.
is an open face allowed also. if i go this will be my first track event so Richard Evo, i will pick your brain for pointers.
also, is it allowed to have a passenger and do they need to pay full price. :D

Richard EVO
08-01-2006, 01:18 AM
evobeaner -

you got PM

Bonster
08-01-2006, 10:43 AM
will they let you drive in shorts and t-shirt.

***It's not recommended, but as long as your car still has its carpeting, there should be no reason why you can't run in shorts and a teeshirt.Â* If you have gutted your car, you'll need to at least where long pants.

also, can you use m2000 rated helmet

***No problem.Â* As long as it's got a Snell rating, you're good to go.

is an open face allowed also.

***Open face is fine as long as you're wearing some type of eye protection (i.e., sunglasses, etc.).

if i go this will be my first track event so Richard Evo, i will pick your brain for pointers.

***That's fine, or we can supply you with an instructor, also.Â* If Richard wants to volunteer, that's great.Â* But remember that he will want his track time, too.Â* So if he does help, don't make him late for his run group.Â* :)

also, is it allowed to have a passenger and do they need to pay full price. :D

***Passengers are not allowed in C group for the first session out.Â* The only expcetion to this is if the passenger is your instructor.Â* Passengers will be allowed in the novice group as soon as the instructor deems it safe.Â* However, if you spin or go off track with a passenger, you will lose that privelege for the remainder of the day (this does not include when your instructor is the passenger). Guests are $25 a head to cover their food, beverages, etc..Â* Just to let you know, this is a rather limited event.Â* I'm thinking 15 maximum in A and B group, probably 10 in C group.Â* So don't wait too long or you might miss out!Â* Ack!Â* ;)

BW

Richard EVO
08-01-2006, 11:09 AM
Is there anything scheduled for any tracks anytime in sept? I am home for 2 weeks in sept and wanted to squeeze in a track day... and any links to websites

See my sticky at the top of this forum for all track days I could find from now to the end of 2006 -- here's linky -- http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=24939.0

Richard EVO
08-03-2006, 07:49 AM
bump

This will basically be a semi-private track day for the price of one of those big high-traffic HPDE group events. Maybe 10 cars in each of three run groups, with lots of open track or opportunities to run extra sessions. The big heat wave broke, so it won't exactly be cool, but hopefully it shouldn't as hot as it was the last few weeks.

Come on out for some big fun at Streets of Willow!!! O0

linky for sign-up: http://www.onemain.com/~bonster/schedule.html

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/richard350z/Streets_EVO_001smaller.jpg

evobeaner
08-03-2006, 07:22 PM
Richard evo, i should be there barring any work related last minute scheduling :grin:

Richard EVO
08-04-2006, 01:24 PM
Bonni only has 5 paid drivers for the weekend so far, and the event is one week away.Â* I just heard from her and she is taking the risk of going foward with the event, even though she could cancel and avoid losing big $$$.

If you want to run Streets of Willow on Aug. 12 & 13, PLEASE sign-up and pay NOW by PayPal.Â* Let's make this event a SoCalEvo happening, and support a track organizer who is taking a big risk of losing money, just so we can go out and have fun on the track!Â* Thanks!!!Â* O0

Bonster
08-04-2006, 04:03 PM
Evobeaner . . . when do you think you will know for sure? I will be leaving Friday morning to make the 6 or so hour trek. Not sure if I'll bring my racecar yet, as it's a bit far on racing equipment (don't have enough cash for a truck and trailer rental this time). If I do take the racecar, I will be leaving at about 10AM to hopefully avoid traffic (no air conditioning, no radio, no carpet -- HOT ride, and not in a very good way in this case). So I can check email for payments up until about 8AM Friday morning.

RichardEvo -- yeah, a LOT of money! I'm certainly always willing to chip in a few bucks when turn-out is low (like I did for Buttonwillow), but we're talking major fundage here. If we can just get a total of 20 cars, I'll be happy. I'm willing to chip in a thousand bucks to make it work. Granted, I don't *want to*, but I have a little profit left over from our June event up here at Thunderhill. I guess I just don't like the 'c' word -- 'cancel'. ;)

BW -- obviously a glutton for punishment, but if you guys sport huge grins, it will be worth it!

evobeaner
08-04-2006, 05:04 PM
i am going!!! will e-mail the paypalthingamajig today!

evobeaner
08-04-2006, 05:26 PM
bonni you got e-mail.

Bonster
08-05-2006, 03:44 PM
bonni you got e-mail.

***I checked both my spam folder and my main folders and I have not received an email yet. What's your 'real' name? I looked at my PayPal account but don't see you there, either. Are you sure you used the right email addy? It should be [email protected]

BW

Bonster
08-06-2006, 08:23 AM
Got it finally, Antonio! :) I just need for you to either send me a reg form in the mail, or send me the info via email and I'll fill out a reg from for you.

BW

Richard EVO
08-07-2006, 06:27 AM
bump

We need more drivers!!! Especially EVOs!!! This is going to be a great event with virtually unlimited track time. Weather has been cooler lately than that big heat wave we had in July. Come on out!!! :D

Bonster
08-07-2006, 06:40 AM
Yeah, I heard from Danny McKeever that the weather has been only in the 80s down there?Â* I'm quite jealous!Â* We're back in the 90s up here in Sacramento.Â* :buck2:Â* So it looks like I'll get to play a little on the track AND get a break in the heat.Â* I can deal with that.Â* A guy with a Chrysler Crossfire (race prepared time trials car) emailed that he will for sure be there Sunday, maybe Saturday, as well.Â* So that's one more!Â* Even with him, we still only have eight sign ups.Â* I've never seen such an unpopulated track!Â* :-o

BW

ranmonbu
08-07-2006, 09:31 PM
Bonster...Count me in.Â* I'll be at Buttonwillow on Saturday the 12th.Â* I was planning a double header...but seems that no-one wants to track their car in August...so Sunday the 13th was cancelled.Â* Â*I'm signing up for your event on Sunday the 13th at SOW. My double-header is on again...

Richard EVO
08-07-2006, 09:41 PM
Ranmonbu -

Glad you can make it out to Streets on Sun. It will be a great event with all the track time you want. See you there.

ranmonbu
08-07-2006, 10:11 PM
Bonster...just sent my pay pal..I'm in.

Richard EVO...look forward to meeting you.

Richard EVO
08-07-2006, 10:28 PM
Richard EVO...look forward to meeting you.

ranmonbu -

Looking forward to meeting you too. You got PM.

Bonster
08-08-2006, 07:44 AM
Bonster...just sent my pay pal..I'm in.

Got it, Ranmonbu! Now I just need your registration form. You can just send me the info and I'll fill out a form for you, since the mail probably won't get it here in time. Don't forget your tech form. Glad you'll be joining us! :D

BW

Miss Evo8
08-08-2006, 09:02 AM
I wish I could go but its my sons birthday that weekend or else I'd be there

evobeaner
08-08-2006, 07:06 PM
bring him with you so he can see you whip us all!

Richard EVO
08-09-2006, 09:01 AM
bump

We still need more drivers! Why not make a last minute change in your weekend plans, and come on out to Streets of Willow Aug. 12 & 13. According to accuweather.com, the temp. on Sat. will be 96, but the "Real Feel" is only 91 degrees. That's a lot cooler than it was at the last Redline event in late July when it was 112 degrees in Rosamond.

Walk-ups are OK. There only 2 run groups right now, so you should get like 10 run sessions!

Miss Evo8
08-09-2006, 09:42 AM

:smitten:

Bonster
08-09-2006, 09:45 AM

***Yeah . . . and besides, I'm sick of being the only female at track days. You should try to make it at least one of those two days. I'm sure your son would love to see all the cool cars. :)

BW

Richard EVO
08-12-2006, 08:14 PM
Evobeaner, one other EVO owner I didn't know and me had a great day Sat. There were about 20 cars total. 2 run groups of 10 or less cars each, alternating 20 minute sessions at SoW CW all day long

I had a mecanical issue mid-afternoon and had to go home early, but otherwise had a blast. Weather was not bad, warm and a little windy, but not blasting hot.

You can still get in on this on Sunday Aug. 13 by just showing up at Streets at 7:00 am with $150. You'll be glad you did.

evobeaner
08-12-2006, 08:43 PM
had a blast Richard! I left early to avoid traffic but to no avail. I appreciate the time you took with me, especially the laps i rode with you. Bonni was very helpful and casual to deal with.

overall the experience was tremendous. i know now how to plan my vacations, around trackday dates!
as for the weather it did not bug me in the least. it was a non-issue all day.

if i did not have to work on sunday, i would have stayed there till tomorrow.
thank you guys so much for the day O0

i can pretty much say i took to this like a duck to water!

Bonster
08-14-2006, 12:19 PM
I'm glad you all had a good time, even Richard, despite his evil Evo engine. I took a huge hit for this event, but hopefully the remaining events will cover the loss. Sounds like Evobeaner is addicted. :D

BW

Richard EVO
08-14-2006, 12:22 PM
Bonni - Thanks for a fun event.

How many cars showed up in total on Sunday?

Bonster
08-14-2006, 12:28 PM
How many cars showed up in total on Sunday?

***Only about 12. We had two hours of open track at the end of the day. Remember (well, maybe you do) the older guy in the purplish Miata that was the last one out during open track at the end of Saturday? He was the last car running again on Sunday. Talk about a die-hard! Lol.

BW

Richard EVO
08-14-2006, 12:37 PM
He would have had me to contend with until 5:00 both days, but not for my motor crapping out. I think this is the first event I have ever attended where I was consistently turning the fastest laps of anyone (including the instructor in the yellow Elise), although I was never on the track with Bonni, so I don't know how fast she was going. Also, it was fun going out on the course before it went hot Saturday morning to set out the cones, and I took great pleasure when we quickly won the argument that we could use the skidpad as part of the track, and telling the guy in the office that I was the one that removed the cones from the skidpad because "everyone knows that Streets of Willow includes the skidpad turn." lol

evobeaner
08-14-2006, 06:37 PM
I'm glad you all had a good time, even Richard, despite his evil Evo engine. I took a huge hit for this event, but hopefully the remaining events will cover the loss. Sounds like Evobeaner is addicted. :D

BW
definately! hope to see you soon in future events.
a buddy of mine wanted to know if small trucks would be allowed at an event like SOW?

Bonster
08-14-2006, 07:05 PM
Honestly, I am not sure on the race trucks, Evobeaner. I'd have to call up the track on that one. Given the potential for a truck to rollover, we'd have to get pretty serious (as in, I would have to tech it myself) on the tech sheets. I would be glad to take up an event again at SOW, if available, in say, October this year, IF I had the money in hand. If worse came to worst, I'd have to refund folks. But it's an idea . . .

BW

Bonster
08-14-2006, 07:10 PM
and I took great pleasure when we quickly won the argument that we could use the skidpad as part of the track, and telling the guy in the office that I was the one that removed the cones from the skidpad because "everyone knows that Streets of Willow includes the skidpad turn." lol

***ROFL!!! :D That was probably one of few times you'll ever see me 'hot under the collar.' As you probably figured, I will absolutely NOT, under any circumstances, jeopardize my drivers' fun factor for their (hard earned dollars) track day. All hail the poor organizer who just about chewed the head off of the track management, eh? LOL!!! ;) Thanks for your jurisprudence, Richard. :)

BW

Richard EVO
08-14-2006, 07:23 PM
Honestly, I am not sure on the race trucks, Evobeaner. I'd have to call up the track on that one. Given the potential for a truck to rollover, we'd have to get pretty serious (as in, I would have to tech it myself) on the tech sheets. I would be glad to take up an event again at SOW, if available, in say, October this year, IF I had the money in hand. If worse came to worst, I'd have to refund folks. But it's an idea . . .

BW

Is it possible to run a truck on the track -- probably so. I have certainly seen SUVs at HPDE events and one or two pick up trucks too. Is it wise? Absolutely not. Trucks are not high performance, good-handling machines. They are for hauling crap. And there is a rollover risk. I would not want my friend to drive his truck on the track.

As for Streets of Willow in October, I think you will find that the weekends are taken. The best months for Willow Springs are Oct. - May (although there is a risk of rain in Jan. - Mar.). So best months are Oct. - Dec. and April - May. Events tend to be much fuller in those months, and the more established SoCal car and motorcycle groups will likely get all those weekends. Of course you could always try.

evobeaner
08-14-2006, 07:28 PM
thats what i thought on the truck part.
Bonni, how was my pace if by any chance you where paying attention. :coolsmiley: