PDA

View Full Version : pulled over and now state ref

SpdyEvo02
07-30-2006, 01:25 PM
Well i was on my way home from MOD yesterday and was about 5 minutes from my house when i saw a cop doing the usual speed trap. i already knew he was there due to my trusty radar detector. so i drove by doing the speed limit but the car next to me was going about 5-8mph faster them me so the cop pulls out and i assume he is going after him and then he pulls me over. he says he pulled me over for no front plate (my fault i know) then gives me crap for my banner on my front windshield, my other decals, my small mirrors, and my custom license plate "spdyevo". then he says pop my hood and i am like shit. so he looks at my engine and says my intercooler is not stock and points to my intake and pipes and i am like moron. then he keeps going on on how my car is modified. then walks to the back of the car starts telling me my exhaust is illegal. then he ask if my lights were modified. i say no since they are stock just painted black. he says they are not cause there is no red light on my taillights so if i am sideways people can tell what way i am going. but in reality they are on the bumper but since i have the jdm ix bumper there is no sidemarkers. so the cop starts writing the ticket and says he is giving me a warning for the no front plate and front windhshield banner but he is going to send me to the state ref and then sends me on my way

so my question is what is the best way to deal with this. should i go back to stock and go to the ref or fight it?my mods are injectors, fuel pump, safc 2, O2 housing, downpipe, rally cat, exhaust, upper intercooler piping with intake, intake, bov, mbc, zeitronix, turbo timer.

the code on the ticket is CVC 27156(b or h his writing is real bad) SMOG EMISSION CONT

thanks in advance for the help

thisxguy
07-30-2006, 01:41 PM
sucks to hear that dustin

i say you go stock. then put all the stuff you want back on later

speedracer2169
07-30-2006, 01:42 PM
well you know the rally cat is just a muffled test pipt so put the stocker back in maybe stock exhaust ask flip about that one and see what Injen says if the piping meets CARB. Sucks dude

SpdyEvo02
07-30-2006, 01:48 PM
the injen system is CARB legal on 04 evos but not 03's like mine but luckly i have almost all of my stock parts

speedracer2169
07-30-2006, 01:53 PM
Well you should have a carb sticker i dont see why it would only apply to 04's if 03's are the same or have them fax you over something. or you can get that from the carb board and present that to the ref. You're gonna have to probably take off the SAFC and injectors too

j_nizzle
07-30-2006, 02:37 PM
dustin, look on the bright side, you know how it feels to not be white now!!! LOL jk bro, jk. basically all you need to do is swap most of the shiny stuff out of the engine bay. ie i/c pipes/intake, bov, maybe 02 housing and the whole exhaust system, everything should check out. all the misc electronic things should be put to as close to stock settings as possible and if they ask you about it, i think it'd be smart to try to memorize a fuel saving scheme when explaining how certain things work. i dunno...that might work. let me know if you need anything! good luck!

wj4
07-30-2006, 05:55 PM
you guys really should put the front license plate on. thats the most common reason a cop will pull you over and it will lead to an excuse to check under the hood.

like stated, all the bling bling parts should go back to stock. i think your zietronix is fine. i dont think they can see the injectors or s-afcII if you put it in the glove box, lol.
definitely take off your rally cat and put a stock cat back on. what type of catback you do u have? is it street legal?

BlueBooster
07-30-2006, 06:10 PM
Sorry to hear bro. - I thought cops were cool with your 11-99 plate holder and just let you off for everything? ;)

speedracer2169
07-30-2006, 08:32 PM
he has the HKS Hi power

JOOTZ
07-31-2006, 12:06 AM
sorry to hear bout that bro,good luck on the ref thing.

SpdyEvo02
07-31-2006, 03:52 PM
well i talked to a friend of mine who knows all the orange cops in my area and the cop that pulled me over is famous for giving tickets to kids that went to my school mostly cause he hates kids. and he said that the cop will fight every ticket so am just going to go back to stock and then visit the state ref

kimletrim
07-31-2006, 04:30 PM
^^^He know which school you went to just by looking at your car!???

SpdyEvo02
07-31-2006, 04:50 PM
yah my car kind of stands out wouldn't you say

ultraflip
07-31-2006, 05:00 PM
you're rich... can't you just pay off the ticket

thisxguy
07-31-2006, 05:03 PM
lol

OMEGA
07-31-2006, 07:15 PM
i belive that ticket can be signed off so to a diffrent area and have a cop sign it off and if they dont let me know i have a couple buddys(chp) that will do it that is if the ticket can be signed off and then the fee will be 10 dollars

thisxguy
07-31-2006, 07:24 PM
i belive that ticket can be signed off so to a diffrent area and have a cop sign it off and if they dont let me know i have a couple buddys(chp) that will do it that is if the ticket can be signed off and then the fee will be 10 dollars

dang...talk about hooked up. lol

which tickets can be signed off and which cant?

Xetronic_Evo_VIII
07-31-2006, 10:08 PM
Damn that sucks....same exact thing happened to me a while back ago. Your lucky he gave you a warning for the tint and no front plate. Otherwise that would be the only thing you can sign off. I got the worse of it all............no front plate, front tint, and sent to state ref all in one ticket!

You cannot bypass the state ref by paying a fine. You have to go in and get smogged. I paid around $300 ticket fee to the court and $35 to the smog ref. There should be a white sticker w/ a phone # to call on the back of your ticket. Call and schedual an appt around your area. Make sure you put all your stock parts back on. Everything in the engine bay should look stock and remove your boost controller, safc, injectors, pump, TBE....etc.. Exterior mods are fine, no worries there.

Good luck bro!

wj4
07-31-2006, 11:08 PM
does he really need to remove the fuel pump? it looks the same as stock except its polished and is located under the rear seat, lol.

Xetronic_Evo_VIII
07-31-2006, 11:21 PM
From my experience I would put everything back to stock! But he can do whatever he wants. It sucks when they fail you (because you didnt pass smog) and then you have to reschedual for another visit. How much time can taking out a fuel pump take neways? 20-30 min max.

It's not fun when they fail you and then having to take another day off work and rescheual. Trust me I've experienced it myself.Â* It will save you time and money (for gas). Just go back to stock and be done with it!

SpdyEvo02
07-31-2006, 11:35 PM
Damn that sucks....same exact thing happened to me a while back ago. Your lucky he gave you a warning for the tint and no front plate. Otherwise that would be the only thing you can sign off. I got the worse of it all............no front plate, front tint, and sent to state ref all in one ticket!

You cannot bypass the state ref by paying a fine. You have to go in and get smogged. I paid around $300 ticket fee to the court and $35 to the smog ref. There should be a white sticker w/ a phone # to call on the back of your ticket. Call and schedual an appt around your area. Make sure you put all your stock parts back on. Everything in the engine bay should look stock and remove your boost controller, safc, injectors, pump, TBE....etc.. Exterior mods are fine, no worries there.

Good luck bro!
yep that is my plan completly stock except my catback since that is ok to leave on

wj4
07-31-2006, 11:38 PM
just wondering...how many times can you go back to get retested if you keep failing and failing?

SpdyEvo02
07-31-2006, 11:42 PM
just wondering...how many times can you go back to get retested if you keep failing and failing?

no idea

wj4
08-01-2006, 12:05 AM
oh yeah bro, you made a post in the 818 meet thread about needing help in burbank? whats up

C-Spec
08-01-2006, 12:13 AM
Dustin no sweat just take out downpipe, rally cat, put your stock exhaust back on, stock intercooler piping, stock intake box, stock bov, and disconnect the zeitronix. you should pass smog easily.Â* about the Tail lights, that whole thing the POPO told you was BS, because the brake lights is still red and the signal still amber. a friend of the burbank crew pass smog check with cams. O0

SpdyEvo02
08-01-2006, 01:31 AM
oh yeah bro, you made a post in the 818 meet thread about needing help in burbank? whats up

i won\'t be for a while but i think i got it covered for now

MR Dan
08-01-2006, 07:03 AM
can you pass inspection w/ a boost controller set to stock psi??

xEviLxVIIIx
08-01-2006, 07:29 AM

nope

wj4
08-01-2006, 10:09 AM

no because the inspectors will trace the boost lines to make sure its stock.