PDA

View Full Version : Nissan SE-R Spec V

evoman123
07-31-2006, 11:34 AM
I know not evo related but what do you guys think of this car for the money i belive there like 18,000 but as for prefomance specs do any of you guys know what it can do?

Any good or bad things about the car???

speedracer2169
07-31-2006, 12:31 PM
I had one and Terry S had one. Great car lots of Torque. Depends on the model year though. If your looking to get one go for the 04 and up with the Brembo brake package. Its mostly little things that bug about it but I liked it

Absinthe
07-31-2006, 01:40 PM
POS, fwd, solid rear axle, shitty gas milage. Civic SI in that space if you must, or man up and drop 2g's more for a used WRX

ryan78
08-01-2006, 01:28 AM
that was my car before i traded that in for a 2003 evo VIII. i had a black 2002 nissan se-r spec v. actually the car wasn't bad at all. one thing good about it is it's grunt (low end torque) off the line but like almost every nissan engine in the market today, the power seems to lose as the revs comes to redline. handling is also not bad. my 3 gripes were torque steer, looks (especially the in the rear) and it's just not as fast as the other competitors in it's category. those are the reasons why i have the evo now besides it being my dream car...

Terry S
08-07-2006, 01:41 PM
I had one and Terry S had one. Great car lots of Torque. Depends on the model year though. If your looking to get one go for the 04 and up with the Brembo brake package. Its mostly little things that bug about it but I liked it

Yup, fun to burn tires in the first 3 gears, but dont get an '02. Lots of problems (big & small ones)

I had a black 2002 & had the entire long block replaced by 45k miles, had tranny problems (never fixed), half shaft went bad, warm starting issues (never resolved), moderate wheel hop, lots of torque steer. But still fun to play around with & it used to catch alot of people off guard when I first had it.

But compaired to my Evo... it blows ass. LOL

Terry S

JDMC-WestEVO
08-07-2006, 01:45 PM
how much are these used sounds like a fun toy lol

Terry S
08-07-2006, 01:50 PM
how much are these used sounds like a fun toy lol

I traded in my 2002 last october for $9k... so I figure you can find one like that for around $8k right now.. Maybe?

Terry S

evobevo
08-07-2006, 08:54 PM
i traded in my 2002 spec v for the ix mr...... i remember a factory recall that had something to do
with the heat shield. anybody remember ?

Terry S
08-08-2006, 09:38 AM
i traded in my 2002 spec v for the ix mr...... i remember a factory recall that had something to do
with the heat shield. anybody remember ?

I think it was for the ECU shielding. Something or rather about it.

I fell under the pre-cat and warm starts recalls. They put in a 350Z starter (they said) which didn't do a damn thing different than the original (other than sound louder).

Terry S