PDA

View Full Version : commute route & dip in the road question

ebevo
07-31-2006, 04:54 PM
sup inland empire crew...figured i have better luck with this question if i asked this in here

hmmm today i had lunch with my coworkers...heading back to work traveling on the 91E fwy and planning to take the 15N fwy

for those familiar with this fwy interchange...there are two lanes that are on the ramp leading to the 15N...eventually it becomes one lane

so what i like to do during 15fwy turn ramp is take the outside lane and since it's usually clear of traffic...just as you approach the straightening out part of the turn...the road suddenly dips to a lower level

anyone that travels this part of the fwy probably knows what i'm referring to

i'm not coming close to screeching the tires...but i'm lapping the cars that are on the inside lane...evo *FTW* is a rocket coming out of the turn...it's one of my favorite turns during my commute..tires are the stock ones and with plenty of thread left

don't worry i keep it safe and look way ahead to see if traffic and road conditions permit

so here is what bothers/worries me...as i'm staying on the throttle throughout the turn...how bad can that dip throw my car off...meaning that brief jolt will cause my rear to swing out possibly?

out of curiosity how many members know the section i'm describing and what are your thoughts on that turn before getting on the 15N fwy?

TrickedOutEVOVIII
07-31-2006, 07:27 PM
my thoughts are as follows:

ITS TREAD NOT THREAD!!!!!!!!!!

T

evomrguy
07-31-2006, 11:21 PM
I enjoy that corner as well. Cant tell you how bad itll throw you off though, never had that problem. I try to keep in a safe level, just in case something happens ahead. Rule of thumb, if your going fast enough to question that dip making your car unsafe, your probably going a little faster than you safely should.

ebevo
08-01-2006, 08:38 AM
ahhh even though i read that one topic that posted commonly misused words...i manage to slip the word thread in place of tread :crazy2:

evomrguy thanx for the reply...good to know that you enjoy that turn as well...ever since i thought about that dip...i've been slowing it down...just one of those things that i encounter almost daily that's been bugging me