PDA

View Full Version : Official press release on Evo SE from Mitsu Media site...

alan678
08-01-2006, 10:40 AM
Here is the actual link... http://media.mitsubishicars.com/detail?mid=MIT2006073184020&mime=ASC

Thrilling Visual and Performance Enhancements at an Excellent Value Distinguish 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution SE

July 31, 2006 -- CYPRESS, Calif. -- Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) is applying the \\\"Special Edition\\\"; treatment to its critically acclaimed ninth-generation Lancer Evolution. The 2006 Lancer Evolution SE offers special features at a competitive price of $33,249 MSRP to make this legendary performance vehicle even more thrilling. The new SE trim level represents the final enhancement to a Lancer Evolution body style that has been on sale in the U.S. market since 2003.

Inside the Special Edition trim level, supportive, red-stitched RECARO(R) seats accentuate the interior while the exterior receives a new front airdam extension that adds style while reducing front end lift. A lightweight aluminum roof panel, also found on the Lancer Evolution RS and MR, helps control body roll by lowering the vehicle\\\'s center of gravity. The feather weight 17\\\"; forged BBS(R) alloy wheels, now in a new \\\"Diamond Black\\\"; finish, add style while reducing unsprung weight to improve suspension performance. The SE trim level also includes high-intensity discharge (HID) headlights with halogen fog lamps giving the vehicle a distinctive look. The available exterior color choices for the Lancer Evolution SE are Apex Silver, Graphite Gray and Tarmac Black.

True to the Lancer Evolution\\\'s heritage, the SE is powered by a 2.0-liter inline four-cylinder DOHC intercooled-turbocharged engine with Mitsubishi Innovative Valve timing and Electronic Control (MIVEC) that is mated to a rugged 5-speed transmission.

The revised airdam, Recaro(R) seats with red stitching, and forged BBS(R) wheels with \\\"Diamond Black\\\"; finish are available on the MR trim level as well in the form of an Appearance Package which sells for $500.00.

Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc., (MMNA) is responsible for all manufacturing, finance, sales, marketing, research and development operations of the Mitsubishi Motors Corporation in the United States. Mitsubishi Motors sells coupes, convertibles, sedans and sport utility vehicles through a network of approximately 540 dealers. For more information, contact the Mitsubishi Motors News Bureau at (888) 560-6672 or visit media.mitsubishicars.com.

# # #

Macky
08-01-2006, 10:42 AM
its basically a GSR trim with everything everyone wanted - aluminum roof, HID, BBS wheels and other aesthetic items.

DruMMinStUd06
08-01-2006, 11:28 AM
its basically a GSR trim with everything everyone wanted - aluminum roof, HID, BBS wheels and other aesthetic items.

+1

I wonder if they\'ll sell that lip as a part...

Chris in SD
08-01-2006, 01:59 PM
FYI, diamond black is the finish on my wheels... It is awesome - definitely an upgrade.

itsnino
08-01-2006, 02:58 PM
FYI, diamond black is the finish on my wheels... It is awesome - definitely an upgrade.

it looks chromish to me. how do you like that color scheme (gray and chrome)?

airforce1
08-01-2006, 03:29 PM
really liked the color when i saw it at MOD.

Chris in SD
08-01-2006, 04:30 PM

it looks chromish to me. how do you like that color scheme (gray and chrome)?

It almost matches the paint of my car - it\'s like a black chrome or a shiny gray.

kcross
08-01-2006, 04:39 PM
i thought it looked kinda cheap. anyway all in all its an MR with a 5 speed. and im sure the new airdam will be available.

manafest
08-02-2006, 07:41 AM
i thought it looked kinda cheap. anyway all in all its an MR with a 5 speed. and im sure the new airdam will be available.

LoL @ cheap. How much you think the new airdam might be priced separately for? Around $300-$400 range i'm guessing...

kcross
08-02-2006, 09:23 AM
i shouldve clarified. i thought the new wheel finish looked cheap.

StealthRS
08-02-2006, 01:55 PM
I need to buy my RS real quick and soon

blkside
08-02-2006, 02:09 PM
I love that I am glad mine will be here in a few weeks.. its everything that I wanted plus lil things ... This is the exact way i wanted it... GG SE very soon

Chris in SD
08-02-2006, 02:25 PM
I love that I am glad mine will be here in a few weeks.. its everything that I wanted plus lil things ... This is the exact way i wanted it... GG SE very soon

Should be awesome bro... Congrats.

EVO Neil
08-11-2006, 11:56 PM

Bilsteins!

gofaster87
08-12-2006, 08:52 AM

The diamond black looks gay on the evo wheels, not the same as yours.

EVO Neil
08-12-2006, 09:02 AM

The diamond black looks gay on the evo wheels, not the same as yours.

It looks like a nickel finish, like the Scion tC wheels. I think it looks fine, maybe best on silver, which always looked dull with against the grey MR wheels.

Chris in SD
08-12-2006, 09:05 AM
That's a bummer...

If it looked anything like my wheels, it would be sick.