PDA

View Full Version : Black EVO getting a ticket in SD?

Equinox
08-03-2006, 10:06 PM
I saw a black EVO off Camino Santa Fe between Miramar Rd. and Mira Mesa that got pulled over by a cop. Hope you got off gently...I drove by in the white IX MR w/ no plates.

[D.I.]evolution
08-04-2006, 07:42 AM
hopefully this black evo was not lee....

did he have a cwest front bumper? and really blue hids?

Equinox
08-04-2006, 07:57 AM
It had an aftermarket bumper of some sort, I only saw it for a second as I drove by. It also had an aftermarket FMIC and I think black 5Zigen FN01Cs

[D.I.]evolution
08-04-2006, 08:28 AM
yea that sounds like lee... i wonder what happened

BOO5150
08-06-2006, 12:49 AM
Yep that was me. She got me for the tint on my windows.

Dagul
08-06-2006, 07:34 AM
Ouch... She popped you for just the front windows, right? How dark is the tint? How much is a ticket for tint or is it the same $10 fix it ticket?

Equinox
08-06-2006, 12:19 PM
Sorry man..though if the ONLY thing you were written up for was the tint, that's not too bad :)

BOO5150
08-06-2006, 06:23 PM
It's just a fix it ticket. I know a few cops so no big deal. I was happy that's all she got me for. I could have got a ticket for being to low, no cat, loud exhaust! She even made me pop my hood and told me to put the top of my airbox back on and take off my BOV. I said ok. When she said my ticket was for the tint I laughed got my ticket, said thanks have a nice day and drove off!! That was the best run in with the law I have ever had!

pog0
08-07-2006, 08:25 AM
Damn, sounds like me. I got pulled over twice for tint in the past 2 weeks. Been meaning to get it signed off, but havent had time. Was told that the SSD PD dont even come out to look.

Evo_ATE_gsr
08-23-2006, 11:16 AM
Man... im runnin 5% all around too. and practically drive in my mirrors looking for those familar headlights.

You got off pretty easy bro. sorry it happened at all. I heard that to just pay the bail is $110.

And yea i hear that if you pay the fix it, that they dont even go out to check if the tint is gone or not. hmm.... can any cop sign it off? or do you have to actually go to the court for it?

silex
08-24-2006, 09:58 AM
Geez. Talk about similar situation. I just got a tint fixit and no front plate two days ago in LA in my black evo. Funny thing is that I live in San Diego. Looks like Lee and I have something in common.

You don't go to court to have it signed off. You go to your scheduled court date to pay bail or state your claim. You go to any local PD or CHP and they will sign it off and then you mail the court their $10 fee. Is it true they don't come out to check? I don't know if it's worth the risk. Someone here mentioned that you can cut a piece of plexiglass that fits where your windows are and that will pass as a window. Then again they might ask you to roll your window up. Again, not sure if it's worth it. Anybody with experience that can chime in?

smokinevo9
08-24-2006, 10:14 AM
that sucks

Evo_ATE_gsr
08-24-2006, 10:59 AM
hahah!! dood that plexi glass idea is hot. hahaha.

"Hey son, please roll the window down"

"i can't occifer"

Or what if he taps on it? hmm... bad idea all around.