PDA

View Full Version : Industry day event 8/06 @ Willow springs

8AWD
08-04-2006, 05:49 PM
Who's going?

Richard EVO
08-04-2006, 05:55 PM
Can you post more info?Â* This is the first I have heard of this, but I'd love to run a track day this Sunday -- if that's what this is.Â* Thanks.

According to the Willow Springs website, on Aug. 6 NASA is on the Big Track, and "just drift" is at Streets of Willow.Â* You won't catch me near either of those events. They don't have anything listed for Horse Thief Mile on Aug. 6.

Richard EVO
08-04-2006, 06:06 PM
??? :-\

Mister
08-04-2006, 06:09 PM
I believe I will be there that day. The event is already full, so no more registration.

8AWD
08-05-2006, 08:42 AM
Can you post more info? This is the first I have heard of this, but I'd love to run a track day this Sunday -- if that's what this is. Thanks.

According to the Willow Springs website, on Aug. 6 NASA is on the Big Track, and "just drift" is at Streets of Willow. You won't catch me near either of those events. They don't have anything listed for Horse Thief Mile on Aug. 6.

It is a track event that "just drift" is hosting. You register through Industryday.org. The event will be at the Streets of Willow on Aug. 6th. Unfortunately registration is already closed.
See you on the next one.

8AWD
08-05-2006, 08:44 AM
I believe I will be there that day. The event is already full, so no more registration.

See you there man. What color evo is yours?

Richard EVO
08-05-2006, 10:16 AM
Is it a drifting event?

Mister
08-05-2006, 01:12 PM

See you there man. What color evo is yours?

White MR

Mister
08-05-2006, 01:14 PM
Is it a drifting event?

No its not a drift event! It is a track day that is being hosted by "just drift".
Grip not drift.....

Richard EVO
08-05-2006, 02:30 PM
Is it a drifting event?

No its not a drift event! It is a track day that is being hosted by "just drift".
Grip not drift.....

Muahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

One thing's for sure -- at a "grip" event put on by a "drifting" group, even though the rules say it's road racing, and drifting is not allowed -- the drifters won't be able to control themselves -- there will be plenty of unauthorized drifting. I have seen this first hand with a different drift group.

Mister
08-08-2006, 03:06 PM
Is it a drifting event?

Grip not drift.....

Muahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

One thing's for sure -- at a "grip" event put on by a "drifting" group, even though the rules say it's road racing, and drifting is not allowed -- the drifters won't be able to control themselves -- there will be plenty of unauthorized drifting. I have seen this first hand with a different drift group.

Well Richard, it was a great event! There was NO DRIFTING ALLOWED! They opened up "The Balcony" for the people who wanted to go out and drift. The Balcony is right above Horsethief Mile.

Other than that it was a great group, I had a good amount of track time.
I was running 1:33's. No coilovers yet, and my axle seems is busted; I couldn't accelerate when my steering wheel was turned, could only accelerate when the wheel was straight....very weird, but I made the best use of the car, even though it is wounded.

Richard EVO
08-08-2006, 03:13 PM
Sorry to hear about your broken car. You will get it fixed and forget the problem soon.

Well, that's the most disciplined set of drifters I ever heard of, if they didn't try to sneak a little sliding onto Streets of Willow.

How many cars were at the event?

Mister
08-08-2006, 07:04 PM
Richard, I want to say there were about 40-50 cars at the event, but most of them were up the hill drifting, so it was pretty nice and empty on the track.

Turns out my axle is fine, so I'm guessing my diff. might be busted! :-o

Richard EVO
08-09-2006, 07:43 AM
Does an '05 MR have an ACD like the '06? If not, it might be your transfer case.

EVO Neil
08-09-2006, 08:21 AM
All 2005 Evos have ACD.

Macky
08-09-2006, 08:38 AM
Does an '05 MR have an ACD like the '06? If not, it might be your transfer case.

if his t/c blew/locked he would spin out and crash. it happened to a friend of mine on the freeway.

Mister
08-09-2006, 12:28 PM
Good to know Macky, as I was thinking it could possibly be the TC, but it sounds more like the diff.
If I have my steering wheel cranked to any side, and I'm moving about 5mph, I hear and feel a clicking noise coming the the engine bay.