PDA

View Full Version : Speeding ticket -"Street racer Package"

Skiracer
08-04-2006, 07:28 PM
Ok, WTF. I got a speeding ticket today. Slow enough to qualify for driving school i might add.Â* Anyways, as i was scanning the ticket, i noticed something handwritten at the bottom of the ticket when i got home.Â* Anybody know wtf this means??

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/11007/normal_scan%7E0.jpg

speedracer2169
08-04-2006, 07:37 PM
never seen that before might wanna call the station

blkside
08-04-2006, 07:46 PM
Bro that is gay as [email protected] think he is try to screw with you.. I would take that and show that to the judge...now thats profiling... and gay as hell

ANTHONY
08-04-2006, 07:48 PM
Wow that gay! Major profiling

speedracer2169
08-04-2006, 07:55 PM
call the police station and demand them to tell you what it means

E39A
08-04-2006, 08:21 PM
WOW, the :police: cop said you had a nice package :D

wirespeed
08-04-2006, 08:25 PM
what is the cvc cited?

blkside
08-04-2006, 08:42 PM
Hey bro I am on a officer forum(im not a officer of the laaaaw) to try and find out their reasoning behind pulling people over for basically the type of car you drive... I posted that pic in my thread and am waiting for some responses... when I get some I am gonna link it or C&P it here...

Skiracer
08-04-2006, 08:42 PM
cvc 22349. I called LAPD and the dude said its probably some sort of internal note that the officer writes for himself so he can remember my car if my case goes to court...... Great...this doesn't help.

Skiracer
08-04-2006, 08:43 PM
Hey bro I am on a officer forum(im not a officer of the laaaaw) to try and find out their reasoning behind pulling people over for basically the type of car you drive... I posted that pic in my thread and am waiting for some responses... when I get some I am gonna link it or C&P it here...

Thanks dude!

blkside
08-04-2006, 08:46 PM
Yeah I wanna figure out a way to get all this gay shit to stop. I know a council woman in CM and I would love to sit and talk to a couple of officers... thats not a performance car enthusiast to see what is going on when they see an EVO and a 66 Chevelle with straight pipes...Why pull over an EVO that looks bone stock and let the Domestic go... we will see.

blkside
08-04-2006, 08:52 PM
Here is the 1st Response... This guy is actually pretty aight but ill informed but he does answer your question about why he wrote it...

Besides, we don't need to be DOT mechanics to figure out what is a "street racer" package. Modified tale lights, exhaust, ground effects, paintjob, suped-up engine, etc etc. It's not rocket science.

I write things on the back of my tickets to remind me about the particular stop. If I have a careless driving citation, I will make a little note on the back of my copy as to the exact reasons I cited for careless. Having that remark on the bottom of the ticket is nothing special.

kimletrim
08-04-2006, 09:41 PM
That sucks as Simon...sorry to hear about it. That little notation would piss me off too. You should have told him, "Actually officer, it's Dr. Gray Stage 1"

wj4
08-04-2006, 09:45 PM
Yeah I wanna figure out a way to get all this gay shit to stop. I know a council woman in CM and I would love to sit and talk to a couple of officers... thats not a performance car enthusiast to see what is going on when they see an EVO and a 66 Chevelle with straight pipes...Why pull over an EVO that looks bone stock and let the Domestic go... we will see.

"because muscle cars are suppose to sound like that". i hate that reason. i have no idea how those loud muslce cars get away with the exhaust. my neighbor has a camaro with straight pipings and i swear to god, you can hear his exhaust loud and clear from 3 blocks away..and he never gets hassled, while some of my import friends with legal level dB exhausts do.

i also thought that that was a memo to himself. so if you were to do driving school, it wouldnt apply i think.

speedracer2169
08-04-2006, 09:46 PM
I just hear a radio campign from the CHP saying that they can pull a car over for being "tricked out"

Skiracer
08-04-2006, 09:50 PM
Anybody know a website which describes the process of going to drving school? I'm sorta newbie to Cali, so i'm not familiar with processes here.

speedracer2169
08-04-2006, 09:53 PM
you mean traffic school? you can do it online. go to lasuperiorcourts.org i think thats the siteand that should tell you. you can get the movies at like blockbusters and take the stupid test online and be done with it. Or you can go to traffic school so they can show you how to avoid a ticket lol

silvery_eagle
08-04-2006, 10:18 PM
driving school is nothing special... you'd need to sit in a classroom watching some videos from early morning till maybe 3-4 (1 hour lunch break)

i had to go through this because i was speeding (80 in 60) and there is NO option for me to take it online coz of the court (norcal).

wj4
08-04-2006, 11:39 PM
I just hear a radio campign from the CHP saying that they can pull a car over for being "tricked out"

couldnt they always do this though? by tricking out... i see exhaust, lowered, and rims. and we all know they love to pull over drivers for "illegal" exhausts =/

its stupid how they go after just modified imports yet suv's and their magnaflow exhaust get away and they probably pollute more than imports.

JDMC-WestEVO
08-05-2006, 12:27 AM
my friend has a ford ranchero with his exhaust cut at the headers and he got pulled over and ticketed. same with my friend's baja truck his exhaust got nailed too. i got pulled over for having a tree air freshner hanging from my rear view.. "obstruction of view" then tint, exhaust, etc. he tried to get me to pop my hood but i told him to show me a warrant and told him my dad was a lawyer lol so he let me go. (my dad is an idiot not a lawyer) but ya they are relatively fair around where i live

wj4
08-05-2006, 12:38 AM
he tried to get me to pop my hood but i told him to show me a warrant and told him my dad was a lawyer lol so he let me go.
he must be a n00b cop. he doesnt need a warrant to pop the hood. if you refuse, he couldve had the car towed to the ref while you would get charged for the expenses.

thisxguy
08-05-2006, 01:26 AM
wtf. take it to court...see what the judge says. lol

i dont see how harleys and muscle cars get away with LOUD exhausts. i dont see how lifted trucks get away with being lifted too much and their headlights arent angled correctly. cops are gay...end of conversation :2funny:

wirespeed
08-05-2006, 01:29 AM
i posted this on another thread

"i used trafficschoolonline.com 3 times with good results....basically there is five lectures n u take a 5 question quiz at the end of each lecture and then u take a 25 question final at the end...it is very easy...n they also fax the results to the court so u dont have to do anything after the test

here is the coupon they sent me for 5 bucks off...i think i paid 25 before
http://www.trafficschoolonline.com/?aid=1068
the coupon is from 2004 so i dont know if it still works

also at the end they ask u if u want to have a copy sent to your house for extra 5 bucks or so, click no because u can just print out your results at the end."

if u need additional help pm me...i know most of the answers

Chris in SD
08-05-2006, 07:30 AM
You need to send this to SEMA - this is EXACTLY what they exist for... If they don't want to help, write the ACLU and tell them your rights were violated by this prick and his "street racer" profiling.

I think it would be funny to polygraph cops and ask if they ever street raced (or still do)... I know some do it in the patrol cars - been there, done that.

Complete bullshit.

Skiracer
08-05-2006, 09:48 AM

got a link to the thread on that officer's forum?

ngtcrawler97
08-05-2006, 10:55 AM
I don't know about on-line traffic school. The last speeding ticket, which I have to go to traffic school next weekend, the judge told me that I couldn't do on-line because that was designed for people w/ disabilities, mother's w/ kids & special circumstances. But maybe it was that judge who knows.

DTunedEvoX
08-05-2006, 11:09 AM
I know like 10 people who've taken traffic school online for CA and no way in hell is it designed for people w/ disabilities, mother's w/ kids or special circumstances ... Dubbya Tee Eff ...

gofaster87
08-05-2006, 11:24 AM
Online trafic school depends on the county you live in.

silvery_eagle
08-05-2006, 11:30 AM
Online trafic school depends on the county you live in.

+1
the county i got my ticket from doesn't allow online traffic school (santa clara county in north cali) so dont ever get caught there LOL

blkside
08-05-2006, 04:54 PM
HOLY SHIT....

Read How detailed is the training...by MVCodefused..... http://forums.officer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=197

You realize that PROFILING is not illegal. Racial Profiling is, but Criminal Profiling is not. And Police officers Criminal profile all the time.

Stopping a car because of the drivers race/ethnicity-illegal, VERY ILLEGAL

Following a car because it looks a type of cars associated with the street racing culture. Stopping that car when the officer observes the car commit a violation of a traffic code, or other law. Then investigating the aftermarket equipment and citing for any discovered violations- Not illegal

BlueBooster
08-06-2006, 10:28 AM
I can see an officer pulling over a scion xB that has stickers and arresting the driver cause he's a street racer. :uglystupid2:

chuckdashi
08-06-2006, 10:36 AM
prius owners race from 0 to 6mph all the time.....

Chris in SD
08-06-2006, 04:10 PM
No one called SEMA yet? This is why this shit continues... CALL THEM - They have lawyers/lobbyists/etc to deal with this stuff.

blkside
08-06-2006, 04:21 PM
Chris I think you need to PM Skiracer and get him pointed in the right direction. I will look into the info and see if I can find more info on it myself...

Mike W
08-06-2006, 10:37 PM

i dont see how harleys and muscle cars get away with LOUD exhausts. i dont see how lifted trucks get away with being lifted too much and their headlights arent angled correctly. cops are gay...end of conversation :2funny:

Cause cops love harleys and muscle cars. If I was a cop I'd cite every STi I saw for being just fugly.

Mike W

SpdyEvo02
08-06-2006, 10:38 PM

Cause cops love harleys and muscle cars. If I was a cop I'd cite every STi I saw for being just fugly.

Mike W

lol

evo_chip
08-06-2006, 11:51 PM
hey guys I just hit up one of my boys whos a cop and asked him if hes ever heard of cops writting stuff like this on tickets and he said its start you on a street racer portfolio, now everytime a cop pulls your plates it will show you are a racer, kinda like having gang files when some of us were younger. I personally think its bullshit that just cause you drive a nice car your automatically called a street racer

wj4
08-07-2006, 12:12 AM
hey guys I just hit up one of my boys whos a cop and asked him if hes ever heard of cops writting stuff like this on tickets and he said its start you on a street racer portfolio, now everytime a cop pulls your plates it will show you are a racer, kinda like having gang files when some of us were younger. I personally think its bullshit that just cause you drive a nice car your automatically called a street racer

wow..this is really OD...

DaRkStArVIII
08-07-2006, 09:49 AM
I just caught unto to the post. I think it fugging stinks! It is profiling. Just because you're an enthusiast doesn't mean that you engage in street racing. It's like writing down gang banger on a ticket because someone is a minority. It would be different if the infaction was related to street racing.

Liquid-R1
08-07-2006, 11:25 AM
+1
the county i got my ticket from doesn't allow online traffic school (santa clara county in north cali) so dont ever get caught there LOL

When was this? I got a ticket last year and I was told the ONLY option was to do it online... This is in Santa Clara county as well... I did the classes online, went in to a test center, took the test, and was done...

Blak94GSX
08-07-2006, 01:47 PM
Usually when they write notes on the ticket like that it is so the court makes sure to give you an extra hard time. My favorite is the circle with a dot in the middle that they put on the bottom of the ticket. Tells the judge you were an asshole when the cop pulled you over.

kimletrim
08-07-2006, 01:52 PM
I thought the circle with the dot in the middle meant PIITB.

Blak94GSX
08-07-2006, 01:55 PM
Whichever you prefer :p

chuckdashi
08-07-2006, 03:26 PM
piitb?

Chris in SD
08-07-2006, 03:32 PM
piitb?

Put it in the butt... Â*:twisted:

kimletrim
08-07-2006, 03:39 PM
LOL...sorry for getting this thread OT.

On a serious note, it is my firm belief that we cannot let this unfair stereotyping go unchecked. Although its a pain in the butt, we gotta fight this one by one. In addition, it wouldn't be a bad idea to nudge SEMA again about what is going on in our local areas.

silvery_eagle
08-08-2006, 09:33 AM
+1

When was this? I got a ticket last year and I was told the ONLY option was to do it online... This is in Santa Clara county as well... I did the classes online, went in to a test center, took the test, and was done...

i got the ticket on the thanksgiving night :(... mind you i'm living in south cali so it's impossible for me to drive all the way up again to the test center for one test... they gave me option to go traffic school only... if online i would have to go to the test center @ norcal.

Liquid-R1
08-08-2006, 11:06 AM
+1

Ah, makes sense now...

i got the ticket on the thanksgiving night :(... mind you i'm living in south cali so it's impossible for me to drive all the way up again to the test center for one test... they gave me option to go traffic school only... if online i would have to go to the test center @ norcal.

909Evo
08-11-2006, 01:05 PM
I think it would be funny to polygraph cops and ask if they ever street raced (or still do)... I know some do it in the patrol cars - been there, done that.

They do...
Well they do before they hire you..

trinydex
08-11-2006, 03:43 PM
people... the thread was brought to my attention for off topic content. please keep this thread on the topic of skiracer getting his unfair ticket, what can be done about it and maybe some terminology pertaining to tickets and street racer profiling.

everything else is ot and if it continues i'll have to split the thread into an embarassing red headed stepchild and put it in the cellar.

Chris in SD
08-11-2006, 08:49 PM
people... the thread was brought to my attention for off topic content

*cough* sensitive bitches *cough* (not you, trinydex)

Back on topic, I've had more than a couple police (and non-police) polys and I never got asked about street racing, even when the subject of speeding tickets was brought up. Finally, some douchebag in a Neon R/T (not even SRT) did a ricer flyby on me. We were going through a twisty section kind of fast and I backed off because his shitbox was flopping all over the place. I didn't need him collecting me as he flew off into the weeds... Then he gave me the "I wear sunglasses when I drive at night" look... :roll:

trinydex
08-12-2006, 12:34 AM
btw, i totally agree with the action that should be taken. i think ski should take pics of his car as it stands now, submit all info to sema and have THEM start a profilng portforlio. i'm sure once we have enough of these there will be some sort of law suit or lobbying or persuasive action taken.

make sure to include all pictures of "questionable" racer gear and show that they're legit hardware, particularly your undersized exhaust tip, maybe some decible info, factory wing info, citing officer's name, maybe badge number too if you can obtain it.

wj4
08-12-2006, 12:43 AM
btw, i totally agree with the action that should be taken. i think ski should take pics of his car as it stands now, submit all info to sema and have THEM start a profilng portforlio. i'm sure once we have enough of these there will be some sort of law suit or lobbying or persuasive action taken.

make sure to include all pictures of "questionable" racer gear and show that they're legit hardware, particularly your undersized exhaust tip, maybe some decible info, factory wing info, citing officer's name, maybe badge number too if you can obtain it.

yes that is a really great info. perhaps take pix of the car with a newspaper so the date is visible so they know it is the current state of the car.