PDA

View Full Version : Summertime Rush

evotistic
08-07-2006, 03:47 PM
Okay, I have had my evo for quite some time now, and with the same mods for the majority of that time. I drive pretty mildly and do not street race. I had not been pulled over in the last year, although I have ended up next to cops and CHP at stop lights, in traffic, driving, etc....but I have been pulled over 5 times in the last two months! Twice for my exhaust which is under the db limit (and which i have the manufacturers paperwork verifiying the db level) and three times for my tinted front windows.

Now I understand that the exhaust is a judgement call for the officer on site, but both times i got pulled over, the car was at idle. WTF???

The tint on my windows is 35% in the rear and 50 or 45% in the front. It is just dark enough to soften the headlights at night, yet still transparent enough to see inside the car clearly.

Do the cops have some sort of DRAGNET going on or is it just that year of not getting pulled over catching up to me?

darkevo
08-07-2006, 03:57 PM
It's too dangerous for them to stop any real crime, so you can't blame them for ticketing your dangerous tint azz!Â* Â*:police:Â* I think the ca tint law needs to be repealed...totally ridiculous!Â* Â*:tickedoff:

jevo
08-07-2006, 04:21 PM
lets get a huge pettion together

darkevo
08-07-2006, 04:44 PM
lets get a huge petition together

that would be cool, they might call us anti-cop though..lol

is the tint law purely for officer safety?Â* I'd rather keep tint, if I get pulled over....I agree to come out with my hands up and drop pants if necessary!Â* :crazy2:

what about all the extra gas wasted running more A/C since the interior of your car is hotter with no tint?Â* I also did it to save the leather interior.Â* It's funny sometimes I see people with darker left arms than their right!Â* :D

Why don't they fine the shops for installing tint in the front?...cause it's an easy money maker for these cop beeches!

x[corwyn]
08-07-2006, 04:47 PM
lets get a huge petition together

that would be cool, they might call us anti-cop though..lol

is the tint law purely for officer safety? I'd rather keep tint, if I get pulled over....I agree to come out with my hands up and drop pants if necessary! :crazy2:

what about all the extra gas wasted running more A/C since the interior of your car is hotter with no tint? I also did it to save the leather interior. It's funny sometimes I see people with darker left arms than their right! :D

Why don't they fine the shops for installing tint in the front?...cause it's an easy money maker for these cop beeches!

Call us anti-cop. Actually make it anti-brokeback donut eating traffic cop. Tired of these guys that can only justify their jobs by adding stupid tickets that only add revenue, not make our streets and homes safe.

wj4
08-07-2006, 06:00 PM
the tint rule is for their concern. i still think that the no tint in front at all is idiotic as to some states have 35% in front as the level limit. i can understand the 5% being illegal since they cant see thru at all or barely, but some of the laws cali back up is laughable.

chuckdashi
08-07-2006, 06:23 PM
then why not start a pettition... we could end up on tv and hopefully be heard....

08-07-2006, 06:40 PM
I just make it a habit to roll down my front windows when i see a cop..

ebevo
08-08-2006, 08:25 AM
to the OP...what city was this in?

i know SD is like ground zero for tint tickets...i avoid that area like the plague :uglystupid2:

Absinthe
08-08-2006, 09:19 AM
Gee is front tint illegal? yes it is, quit bitching about getting tickets for it, dumbass.

silvery_eagle
08-08-2006, 09:30 AM
Gee is front tint illegal? yes it is, quit bitching about getting tickets for it, dumbass.

lol

evotistic
08-08-2006, 10:08 AM

I know its illegal, but like others have stated before, its f*ckin hot outside and i dont like to roast in my car.Â* I'm not bitching, just asking a general question regarding the sudden increase in stops this month, dumbass.

And yes this did occur in San Diego.Â* I did not get any tickets any of the times i was puilled over though, as generally the officer was cordial and just making sure i wasn't some street racing punk i guess.

StealthRS
08-08-2006, 10:28 AM
what i want to know is if those exotics and luxury suv's have gotten pulled over for tint thats 50% front

evotistic
08-08-2006, 11:06 AM
Who knows...similar question is do those luxury cars get pulled over for not having a front plate? ie...bmw, corvette, etc....

not that its a big deal....

AvengeDEvO
08-08-2006, 11:31 AM
My dads X5 got a ticket for no front lic plate so yes SUVs do get sitations for that. But to many people have been getting pulled over for no reason. Last night my friend was on the 210 in the fast lane in traffic when a CHP pulled up next to him, the CHP purposly slowed down and was waiting for my friend to move forward so that he could jump right behind him. We are both sure that he wanted to pull him over because he kept staring at him!! The dumb CHP stopped all the traffic in his lane, all of the traffic to the right of the CHP was jumping in his lane because he had litterly stopped to try and get in. I brand new SI behind him helped out my friend because the SI stayed right behind him giving the CHP no room to jump in.

evotistic
08-08-2006, 01:58 PM
Don't get me wrong. I am 150% for officer safety. I was a Military Police Officer while I was in the Army, so i know how it feels to not be able to see through tinted windows. But as stated before, some other states on the west coast have a legal limit of 35% on the front windows. That is not unreasonable, since for the most part you can still see through that tint level. my .02

speedracer2169
08-08-2006, 02:00 PM
right there is a campaign that i have been hearing on the radio saying that police officers can pull people over for just having a "tricked out" car

darkevo
08-09-2006, 02:30 PM
Don't get me wrong.Â* I am 150% for officer safety.Â* I was a Military Police Officer while I was in the Army, so i know how it feels to not be able to see through tinted windows.Â* But as stated before, some other states on the west coast have a legal limit of 35% on the front windows.Â* That is not unreasonable, since for the most part you can still see through that tint level.Â* my .02

like I said ..I'll fricken come out of my car with my hands up if that makes the cop feel better, but I'm keeping my tint...make that a law instead!Â* Can we start one of those online petitions?Â* Almost every other car I see has front tint..this shouldn't be a cash cow cops can count on anytime they want!Â* What about all the tinted cop cars I see?Â* Nice hyprohypocrites!

Evoegg
08-11-2006, 12:18 AM
Popo asked me to roll it back up.....................and give me a ticket for it........

I just make it a habit to roll down my front windows when i see a cop..

Evoegg

909Evo
08-11-2006, 01:00 PM
Its not illegal to have tint in the front windows if it conforms to a factory level.

That is why cop car's have tinted front windows. Basically if you get pulled over by chp, your window can not be darker than the chipies window.

Its actually a pretty common thing for the cop to say in court when the defense says "Well how did you know it violated it if you don't have a light meter?"

The officer says "Its darker than my window, thats all I need to know."

evotistic
08-15-2006, 04:22 PM
okay....I just wanted to add a laughable point....I got pulled over again last night on the way home from work....i wasn't speeding or doing anything stupid, I was waiting to turn left. AS soon as I turned the bike cop chirped his siren and put on his lights. He was very calm and casual, very nice guy, and was like "I pulled you over for not having a front license plate". Man. This happens AFTER iput the silencer in my exhaust and remove the CF wing trying to reduce any negative attention....he didnt give me a ticket after asking me where i got the license plate and if it was my car....now i have to find my front plate bracket again! :police: