PDA

View Full Version : socalevo.net IP Address is being blocked for Email

insanum
08-07-2006, 03:50 PM
After registering on the forum I wasn't getting a confirmation Email. After looking at my email server logs I noticed that the socalevo.net is being blocked for email abuse. It is listed on the XBL from spamhaus.org which got the block from abuseat.org. Check it out:

http://cbl.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi?ip=64.78.164.229

SpdyEvo02
08-07-2006, 06:26 PM
what is your e-mail carrier

insanum
08-08-2006, 02:02 PM
I manage my own email server that's cohosted. I'm using spamhaus for RBL checking and the spamhaus XBL has socalevo.net listed.

This isn't my problem. It's a problem between the owner of socalevo.net and the people at abuseat.org. Someone (probably lots) of people complained about spam coming from the socalevo.net IP Address resulting in the IP getting blacklisted with abuseat.org.

Now ANY email server / ISP using spamhaus.org for RBL spam checking will deny mail from socalevo.net. And spamhaus is extremely popular.

Absinthe
08-08-2006, 03:55 PM
spamhaus is a fucking joke, I deal with them all the time any one cn get listed for basically nothing, they dont do thier research and they dont care if you are a bonded sender if some dumbass how signed up for a sweepstakes on the internet complains then you get listed.

worthless.

drmosh
08-09-2006, 03:34 AM
Actually, the CBL is a joke, if yer really using that for spam blocking you might as well block the whole internet.

Absinthe
08-09-2006, 10:51 AM
gotta love the fact that a member based website with less than 3500 members being email can be listed as a spammer

DTunedEvoX
08-09-2006, 12:14 PM
I dont think that "spammer" blocker of yours understands the amount of PM's and E-mails sent from SoCalEvo ...

drmosh
08-09-2006, 12:44 PM
I dont think that "spammer" blocker of yours understands the amount of PM's and E-mails sent from SoCalEvo ...

CBL doesn't understand anything, it's pretty much the most rudimentary block made, it's really "stupid", there's no intelligence built into it. It probably saw that we don't have a configured hostname "localhost.localhost" and put us on the block list...

What's also so dumb about it is that these IP's we are using are pure virgin, brand new from ARIN so no one else could've "spammed" from it.

Some of these list maintainers just plain don't know WTF they are doing.

The Spamhaus XBL is like a junkpile of lists, if you use that for blocking spam you are probably going to lose half your legitimate e-mail.

Absinthe
08-09-2006, 03:48 PM
100% correct

JT-KGY
09-01-2006, 01:37 PM
no wonder i no longer get my email notifications...