PDA

View Full Version : california smog

EvolKnight
08-10-2006, 09:40 PM
does anyone know if there is a substantial horsepower decrease due to the more stringent smog rules in california. extra smog component requirements are said to rob us of precious power...also, what components are they that california requires that other states do not which contribute to said loss of power? also, what is the performance difference between the MR IX and RS models?...road and track's test drive page is for a MR and i wanted to know how different my ratings would be...quarter mile times, slalom times, braking, maximum number of G's in a turn...

kcross
08-10-2006, 10:03 PM
most cars sold in america comply with CARB standards no matter where they are sold. i have never heard anything about mitsubishi modifying cars that are sold in california. all performance figures are the same.

wj4
08-10-2006, 11:57 PM
most cars sold in america comply with CARB standards no matter where they are sold. i have never heard anything about mitsubishi modifying cars that are sold in california. all performance figures are the same.

+1. if this was the case, dealerships would have major issues selling their cars to ppl across the nation.

speedracer2169
08-11-2006, 08:59 AM
actually the performance figures from mitsubishi are based on 93 octane not 91 crap gas. So essentially we got screwed with the gas. everything depends on the usual elevetaion, temp etc