PDA

View Full Version : chp chat while at a stoplight

ryan78
08-11-2006, 02:15 AM
i was driving down sunset blvd at 1:30am and i stopped at a traffic light with the chp's crown victoria beside me on my left also waiting for the light to turn green. there were 2 chp's on the car and the chp at the passenger side was checking me out and saw my cordless radar detector. he suddenly asked with a smiling face "what's that in your windshield? is that a radar detector?" i said "yes officer". then he asked "is it working? I said "sometimes". then he replied "well, good luck..." as the light turned green and we both drove away.

...just figured i wanted to share this story with you guys...

Chris in SD
08-11-2006, 03:13 AM
That's pretty cool. Not all cops are dicks - I know for a fact that some of them treat traffic violations as a "game". They want to see who is paying attention, who is oblivious, who plays the game right back. I cannot count the times I have been speeding, etc. when I spotted the CHP unit, slowed down, and let some other moron blow past me. I always look over at the CHP as the go by me in pursuit, and most of the time the CHP guy will give me a nod, a smirk, some sign that he knows... LOL

A classic out here in VA was back when I had my Evo: I was driving home from an "all cars" meet when a Mustang came up on me, started revving, etc. Unfortunately for him, I had already spotted the VA state trooper about 5 cars back in his lane. So I downshifted, he thought I was going for it, and he punched it. As the VA trooper lit him up, the trooper looked over at me and laughed. CLASSIC!!

Very cool on you, Ryan, for being straight with the officer about your radar detector.... Hopefully it works more often than not. ;)

ANTHONY
08-11-2006, 05:31 AM
Haha cool! i wonder what he was really trying to say

MR Dan
08-11-2006, 06:47 AM
This reminds me of a time when a Torrance PD stopped right next to me at the signal.....cop yelled out "better raise your car or next time i'll give you a ticket!!!..... :knuppel2: ......this was in 98 when I was drving my integra :roll:

Then a week later I got pulled over by the Torrance PD(again) .....cop said "wow is that original paint"...yes officer it is...then he hands me a modded suspension ticket and tells me to drive safe... :?

http://members.cox.net/dpark79/Car%20stuff%20and%20others/My%20G2%20sedan.jpg

*chris*
08-11-2006, 10:48 AM
modded suspension? wthell?

chris ...thats classic man. ive been dying for that to happen to me at somepoint.

Absinthe
08-11-2006, 11:04 AM
headlights/bumpers not conforming to crash standards

GokuSSJ4
08-11-2006, 01:01 PM
modded suspension? wthell?

chris ...thats classic man. ive been dying for that to happen to me at somepoint.

LOL
same scenario at Alahambra... i was going to the park with my friend and we both had our pitbulls. Officer decided to pull me over (he claim the car looked lower) and it had a modify suspension... He even tried making the car jump by pushing on top of the hood to see if the car was bouncy or not. I found that funny, once he got near the window one of the dogs almost went off on the officer.. he decided to tell me "take it easy and have a nice day" ... and take care of those dogs.. I was suprise to see this type of attitude. :?

ryan78
08-12-2006, 04:04 AM
Haha cool! i wonder what he was really trying to say

that's exactly what i was thinking the moment we parted ways. is it a nice gesture or is he being a little sarcastic? but i honestly felt about our small chat that the chp officer was not sarcastic. we were just having a good, simple chat.

UCSD EVO IX
08-14-2006, 03:31 PM
hmmmmm. i rememebr a cop pulled me over when I was driving my 2000 GT mustang...

i was goin about 60 on a 50 at the time.... and the first thing i said to the cop was "i know i was speeding blah blah blah.. im sorry it wont happen again" and then he just asks me to step outta the car and pop my hood.... then he starts asking me what kinda exhaust i have on there and what other mods i had on the car.

hahahaha and then he asked "do you know why i pulled you over"....ME: "SPEEDING"?? and he said my mustang was the best sounding stang he heard.... he just wanted to know what kinda exhaust i had cuz he just bought a 2004 Gt and wanted the same exhaust.... i gave him the number to the guy who installed my exhaust and the place where he can get it for cheap if he mentioned my name... he shook my hand ... and said "keep it safe son" and gave me a sticker to put on my rear window.....

hahahah i guess some cops are cool... just gearheads like us... BUT IT IS TRUE.... DOMESTICS get better tratments from cops then these japanese sports cars that we drive....

manafest
08-14-2006, 03:42 PM
that's cool... maybe they were trying to test you to see if you were going to lie. If you lied, and they really knew what that was... then they'd probably ask you about your othher mods too? Telling the truth and being calm most likely will get you out of trouble O0... unless the cop IS IN FACT a total deyack head. :uglystupid2:

08-14-2006, 10:24 PM
This reminds me of a time when a Torrance PD stopped right next to me at the signal.....cop yelled out "better raise your car or next time i'll give you a ticket!!!..... :knuppel2: ......this was in 98 when I was drving my integra :roll:

Then a week later I got pulled over by the Torrance PD(again) .....cop said "wow is that original paint"...yes officer it is...then he hands me a modded suspension ticket and tells me to drive safe... :?

http://members.cox.net/dpark79/Car%20stuff%20and%20others/My%20G2%20sedan.jpg

That spot looks pretty familiar. Is that in PVE down the street from 7-11?

MR Dan
08-17-2006, 06:25 AM
haha..close.....its the cliff where the new homes are...down hawthorne till it ends....

08-17-2006, 07:50 AM
haha..close.....its the cliff where the new homes are...down hawthorne till it ends....

Ohh right. Those houses are around 6-7 years old now I think. It used to be a great place to go biking until they built those homes..

MR Dan
08-17-2006, 08:38 AM
yup.....well at least you can still go jogging there.......i use to live near that Ralphs market and jogged to those homes...

Lancer EVO IX
08-17-2006, 08:48 AM

u rich bastard! hahhaha...j/p mang.

08-17-2006, 09:24 AM
yup.....well at least you can still go jogging there.......i use to live near that Ralphs market and jogged to those homes...

Oh thats cool. I lived in PV for a while, too (homes on the street above 7/11).. Definitely a nice place to live..

Mister
08-17-2006, 11:25 AM
I love when CHP signals me to slow down on the freeways! O0