PDA

View Full Version : Past ticket date?

BlueBooster
08-15-2006, 08:06 AM
A friend just emailed me saying he realized he is 1 day past the date his ticket was due. He wanted to know what to do. I told him to call the court immediately and ask what he needs to do. I've never let a ticket go past the due date so I'm not much help here.

Anyone have any input other than "he is screwed"?

Unstroked
08-15-2006, 08:20 AM
What is the ticket for???

BlueBooster
08-15-2006, 08:26 AM
Speeding. He already phoned in for an extension previously.

Unstroked
08-15-2006, 08:37 AM
Well, I was in the same predicament a couple years ago. All he needs to do is call in and set up a court time. When a case goes to a failure to appear the fine almost doubles. In my case the judge lowered the fine to it's original amount, but since I failed to appear he was not lienate enough to let me go to traffic school and I went into court the next day. So just tell him to call in a get a court time, A.S.A.P.

Let me know how it goes? Where was the ticket?

BlueBooster
08-15-2006, 08:51 AM
I'll post back with info. It was on 91west near imperial hwy...

manafest
08-15-2006, 12:38 PM
damn, it seems like a lot of peeps get pulled over on the 91. It's like a hot spot or something... that's where i got my first ticket in my rsx. I flew by the CHP on the motorcycle (cruising behind a big rig so didnt notice him until it was too late) 100mph. He couldnt clock me, just knew i was going real faster than he was... so he wrote me down for 80mph. Lucky me... now that i got my evo i cruise at 65mph to save gas! haha. Damn, it sucks to forget about a ticket... just have him call asap and he should be fine. I was a day overdue, told the lady i FORGOT over the phone, and they ended up taking the payment out that same day. He should be fine though...

itsnino
08-15-2006, 01:27 PM
if it was an appearance to a court hearing, he might get a "failure to appear"

he should settle this ASAP!

BlueBooster
09-05-2006, 01:01 PM
So in wrapup, he called in and they gave him 10 days to send in payment for traffic school. So much for his TBD.

speedracer2169
09-05-2006, 06:21 PM
wait look at the tbd thread i made there is one for something similar to this