PDA

View Full Version : AEM Tru-Boost Controller/Gauge

Mike W
08-15-2006, 02:51 PM
MBC, MBC, MBC... that is all you ever hear here. And mostly from us too. Seems like the smarter an electronic boost controller tries to get the worse it is to deal with. AEM heard this from all their tuners (and toonerz) and set out to do something about it.

AEM just released their new Tru-Boost boost controller/boost gauge. It is an electronic boost controller that doubles as a boost gauge too. The face is the same face as the AEM UEGO and the new AEM Serial gauge for the EMS. It also matches the new gauge line they are releasing soon. This means that you can swap between different faces and bezels to match just about what ever you have already.

The boost controller part is electronic but they did their best to make it as simple as possible. Two buttons do everything. You get two different boost levels, a scramble boost setting with a programmable time and an over boost alarm. Fun stuff for less than the price of a PRofec B. $295

I have had a preproduction one in my Mirage Turbo for the last two months and it is super steady controlling a 50 trim. It uses the same basic solenoid as the AEM EMS and most other electronic controllers. It can be set up easily for either internal wastegates or external wastegates. It can also use it's included internal MAP sensor or use an external AEM sensor to control boost up to 50 psi.

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/parts/aem/aem-boostcontrol-gauge.jpg

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/parts/aem/aem-boostcontrol-solenoid.jpg

Mike W

trinydex
11-19-2006, 03:16 AM
can the internal map sensor be tapped and logged?

Mike W
11-19-2006, 12:35 PM
can the internal map sensor be tapped and logged?

No, they kept it stripped down and cheap. It has no external connection for that but a fart smeller could open it up and access it or any other electronic sensor.

Mike W

trinydex
11-19-2006, 05:30 PM
well i guess what i'm askin' is does it use a commonly used map sensor that has well known voltage tables or is it some unique cheapie one they used just for this application.

Mike W
11-19-2006, 10:31 PM
The gauge as it comes uses a cheap internal sensor. If you needed the voltage table I could get it. But you can convert to an external 5 bar sensor if you want to control over 30-35is lbs and that sensor can more easily logged yes.

Any MAP sensor can get the voltage table cracked with a bicycle pump, a volt meter and a pad and paper.

Mike W

trinydex
11-20-2006, 01:01 AM
so this unit is "convertible" to the 5 bar sensor that aem uses... so the gauge outputs the right numbers just fine? how much for the 5 bar conversion? *borat voice* i'm interest!

Mike W
11-20-2006, 11:33 AM
Your sister is prostitute? We can make business deal yes. Call to my computer mail for special price.

Borat W

trinydex
11-20-2006, 02:09 PM
HAHA omg so good.

kEvo VIII
11-20-2006, 02:39 PM
Your sister is prostitute? We can make business deal yes. Call to my computer mail for special price.

Borat W

aahahaha

suprapotential
12-03-2006, 07:48 PM
when i used this i gained about 3-400 rpms of spool swapping out my greeddy profec to the aem tru boost.

trinydex
12-03-2006, 08:16 PM
go to hear! maybe i'll be the first to get this with the biggie map sensor.

suprapotential
12-04-2006, 01:16 AM
not really im running this on the 5 bar map sensor. already beat you to the punch.

trinydex
12-04-2006, 01:37 AM
damn it all

GokuSSJ4
12-04-2006, 03:57 AM
not really im running this on the 5 bar map sensor. already beat you to the punch.

damn it all

hahahahhaha!
hmmm, maybe i should try this on my new car :)