PDA

View Full Version : Avid Billett Motor Mounts In Stock

Mike W
08-15-2006, 02:57 PM
In stock now.

We are stocking the 65 durometer. They are only good to about 750 hp they say so you big ballers may need the 75 or 90 durometer mounts special ordered :-D These thing have a non destructable guarantee. Even if you crash the car they are warrantied.

Front mount only $115

Full Set of 4 for $395 for until I change my mind.

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evo/parts/avid/avid-frontmountonly.jpg

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evo/parts/avid/avid-set.jpg

Mike W

Mister
08-17-2006, 03:51 PM
Great looking mounts! Great CNC work!

trinydex
02-17-2007, 01:02 PM
just got me one. thank you gf.

GokuSSJ4
02-17-2007, 07:28 PM
hmmmm, do you guys have bling bling available? or other options as well LOL

StockEVO
02-17-2007, 10:18 PM
I have 3 sets that is getting gold anodized. That should account for less engine travel and more hp down to the ground.

trinydex
02-18-2007, 01:01 PM
and... i'm painting mine black with the krylon from pep boys

trinydex
02-20-2007, 10:02 PM
painted it black and installed it. initial pull out of the driveway noticed that car is like... more felt, not louder... not shakier but... more felt. can't describe it. will report shifting after drive to work tomorrow.

atlvalet
02-20-2007, 10:30 PM
I noticed a hell of a lot more vibration for the first week. Now it seems to have subsided. Very weird. ANyway, some of the vibration was the plastic surround on my Defi boost gauge. Took it off. NO more vibration :)

trinydex
02-20-2007, 10:51 PM
i definitely need to take a drive but one of my tires is corded right now and i needa limp to the tire place tomorrow :\

Miss Evo8
02-21-2007, 01:07 PM
what is the purpose besides "bling" factor of installing these things?

trinydex
02-21-2007, 01:12 PM
don't you have one? i recall you sayin' you have a pressed in type.

the purpose of installing this specific one ist hat it takes almost no time to install.

the overall purpose of the motor mount is to keep the motor from torquing around under shifting up and down.

Miss Evo8
02-21-2007, 01:19 PM
don't you have one? i recall you sayin' you have a pressed in type.

the purpose of installing this specific one ist hat it takes almost no time to install.

the overall purpose of the motor mount is to keep the motor from torquing around under shifting up and down.

hmm ok its like the HOnda thing... nope I have my stocky mounts... lol my car doesnt make that much power and besides if your smooth with your shifting and driving the whole car moves with fluidity...

trinydex
02-21-2007, 01:24 PM
yeah i suck you win.

GokuSSJ4
02-21-2007, 01:25 PM
I have 3 sets that is getting gold anodized. That should account for less engine travel and more hp down to the ground.
get those things solid black ... or Gunmetal black,... DO IT!!! i need some ...

GokuSSJ4
02-21-2007, 01:25 PM
yeah i suck you win.
wow! never expected this from you :D

trinydex
02-21-2007, 01:26 PM
just need the krylon can from pep boys

GokuSSJ4
02-21-2007, 01:52 PM
no ghetto rig crap!!! LOL when i can have Ty get it done right the first time ... DO IT

Miss Evo8
02-21-2007, 01:53 PM

Yellow Krylon! the heat resistant stuff!!!!

GokuSSJ4
02-21-2007, 01:55 PM

Yellow Krylon! the heat resistant stuff!!!!
helll no! i dont need yellow on my car.. you on the other hand.. thats a different story LOL

trinydex
02-21-2007, 01:58 PM
it's a motor mount... under the car. you cant even see it. get rig is fine

Miss Evo8
02-21-2007, 02:06 PM

spray paint all the way!!!!

GokuSSJ4
02-21-2007, 02:24 PM
hell no! LOL ..... you need to take some pics in order to see your fabulous work ... do it!

trinydex
02-21-2007, 03:45 PM
you won't even see it, it's ninja!

GokuSSJ4
02-21-2007, 03:47 PM
you won't even see it, it's ninja!
damn!!! its alll about the ninja skills LOL

Mike W
02-21-2007, 05:00 PM
If you are making good power and driving like a teenager generally the front mount rubber gets all tore up and loose. The resulting extreme movement of the center tweaks the whole outer metal circle into an oval so that press in mounts no longer fit. John has a few he can show you I am sure.

Also the additional cost of this mount vs a press in mount isnt so much as to just make it a much easier install and worth the price difference.

Angela, do you find us pimping unnecessary bling items much? Or are we known for more the opposite?

Mike W

Miss Evo8
02-21-2007, 05:37 PM
If you are making good power and driving like a teenager generally the front mount rubber gets all tore up and loose. The resulting extreme movement of the center tweaks the whole outer metal circle into an oval so that press in mounts no longer fit. John has a few he can show you I am sure.

Also the additional cost of this mount vs a press in mount isnt so much as to just make it a much easier install and worth the price difference.

Angela, do you find us pimping unnecessary bling items much?Â* Or are we known for more the opposite?

Mike W

I've never know you guys to sell bling items...which is why I was curious about the mounts...I mean do the stocky ones go bad? and I have never heard John recommend any "aftermarket ones"...... actually the phrase I have heard used..is that you guys are the "anti salesmen".......

GokuSSJ4
02-21-2007, 05:52 PM

Angela, do you find us pimping unnecessary bling items much? Or are we known for more the opposite?

Mike W

you guys remind me of "pimp my ride" LOL .. all jokes aside.. what do you guys charge for installing this super bling bling 50whp items on an evo ?