PDA

View Full Version : Sub in Spare Tire Well

silex
08-17-2006, 04:48 PM
I've been wanting to do this for awhile with my 12". I need a cost effective way to mount a single 12" Bazooka sub in the spare tire well without using fiberglass. A circular box maybe? There's still that damn bump in the center though to bolt the spare into the well. Any suggestions?

ultraflip
08-17-2006, 04:51 PM
bang the bump out... and renew your AAA membership cause you won't be runniing w/ a spare

silex
08-17-2006, 04:56 PM
Good points and well taken info. I have USAA towing already and plus don't all Mitsu owners get free towing for a couple years? I got one of those membership cards as well.

MadMsheen
08-17-2006, 05:08 PM
We do have free roadside assistance for a few years.Â* I can't remember how long, though.Â* I've used it, and it was great.Â* Didn't have to pay a dime out of pocket, and they knew to send a flatbed.

I too have been trying to get a 12" sub into the trunk, but even with the hump removed, it will stick out a bit. There are slimmer subs out there that might fit, but I haven't looked into that avenue, since I remove the sub for the track. So easy in easy out works best.

If you use fiberglass, which is a bit of a pain to deal with you can mold it to look like the sub is a part of the trunk floor.

silex
08-17-2006, 05:21 PM
Yeah it would be nice to work with fiberglass, but I'd rather not. It seems that a slimmer sub would be needed in either case otherwise it would be pointless to start banging away. Mine is some el cheapo 12" pushing only 150w rms, but it get's the job done. I think I'll just leave it in it's cubic box until I get a new 10" sub that will fit there.