PDA

View Full Version : No Front License Plate

CubanEvo
08-18-2006, 03:33 PM
Hey guys so here is how it goes. I was driving last nite and a cop was sitting in a parking lot just looking at cars. I was doing the speed limit and just driving normal with cars actually passing me. The cop pulls out and i think he is going to pull over the 240sx that sped past me but no of course he gets behind me. He pulls me over and i do the normal just pull over and turn the car off and put the keys on the dash. He comes up and asks me if i know why he pulled me over and i honestly said no. He said that i was breaking the law by having no front license plate. So here i sit with a fix it ticket :tickedoff:. This usually wouldnt be a problem but i actually lost my front license plate a while back on the 5 freeway. Something hit the front of my car and i pulled over and realized that it tore off the plate and mount. So i ordered a new plate from the DMV and now i was wondering if anyone had a front plate mount i could borrow or even buy off of them if need be. Any help would be much apreciative. Thanks guys. O0

smokinevo9
08-18-2006, 03:34 PM
must car sure dont look good at all with the front plates so hell with the plates imo

hksevo8
08-18-2006, 03:40 PM
I have a front plate mount....pm me with a price.

CubanEvo
08-18-2006, 04:41 PM
Does anyone know how much a front plate mount goes at the dealership for?

speedracer2169
08-18-2006, 05:05 PM
about 30 bucks

speedracer2169
08-18-2006, 05:06 PM
must car sure dont look good at all with the front plates so hell with the plates imo

??? oh god i my head hurts

wj4
08-18-2006, 06:46 PM
what did you just say? :-o

CACalomino
08-18-2006, 06:58 PM
That sux. If u dont want a fix it ticket next time get one of those stickers that goes in the front window when u buy a new car and leave it there works for me O0. I would just get your new plate from the DMV and then zip tie it to the front grill and get your ticket sighned off then get one of those new stickers and walla no more probs.

-Chris

CubanEvo
08-18-2006, 07:35 PM
well actually i am getting a sticker from the dmv saying my front plate is on its way cause i ordered a new one. I think its about time to get a customized license plate..lol

chuckdashi
08-18-2006, 10:40 PM
thats what i did... but the site said it takes 8 to 12 weeks...

andyluk
08-19-2006, 05:13 AM
just wondering...
new cars now-a-day dont even hav holes drilled!!
especially new bimmers and benz's.......
and y the heck they dun get caught!!!
and we always get the attention....><

gofaster87
08-19-2006, 10:39 AM
just wondering...

Because expensive european cars are the exception. That the way its has always been. They want you to have a front plate for id purposes and since most criminals dont drive expensive cars in the commission of a crime its not necessary. The figure an econo looking car with no plates might allow them to stumble on a criminal or catch you with a warrant. Better yet it might be an excuse to pull you over and collect unpaid parking tickets.

smokinevo9
08-19-2006, 05:32 PM
what did you just say? :-o

i was drunk but what i wanted to say that some cars just dont look right with a front plate. just my 2 cents

cky_bam_marg
08-19-2006, 06:24 PM
That sux. If u dont want a fix it ticket next time get one of those stickers that goes in the front window when u buy a new car and leave it there works for me O0. I would just get your new plate from the DMV and then zip tie it to the front grill and get your ticket sighned off then get one of those new stickers and walla no more probs.

-Chris

dude ur joking right? like ive had my little tustin mitsu new car sticker on my windshield sense i bought it, and then this one cop pulled my over a while back and gave me a ticket for no front license plate.....so i dont think that sticker is a replacement for a plate.....or is it?

speedracer2169
08-19-2006, 06:40 PM

-Chris

dude ur joking right? like ive had my little tustin mitsu new car sticker on my windshield sense i bought it, and then this one cop pulled my over a while back and gave me a ticket for no front license plate.....so i dont think that sticker is a replacement for a plate.....or is it?

no the stciker is just shows that the car has been sold and registration has been ordered thats it

BlueBooster
08-19-2006, 06:42 PM

-Chris
That sticker is your temporary registration and has nothing to do with your front plate being present or not. Have you actually read the paper that's posted on your window? How can a red light camera take your pic and allow a person to ID the car?

cky_bam_marg
08-19-2006, 07:27 PM
yea thats what i thought anywho its back to those paper tustin mitsu plates for me :-D bwahahahah no one will suspect soylent green is people too????

speedracer2169
08-19-2006, 07:30 PM
FYI that paper is only good for 120 days or until you receive your reg whichever comes first

andyluk
08-20-2006, 08:38 AM
just wondering...

Because expensive european cars are the exception. That the way its has always been. They want you to have a front plate for id purposes and since most criminals dont drive expensive cars in the commission of a crime its not necessary. The figure an econo looking car with no plates might allow them to stumble on a criminal or catch you with a warrant. Better yet it might be an excuse to pull you over and collect unpaid parking tickets.

lol...our cars looked like econo carz???? im sure our cars' price can compete with the 3 series...lol