PDA

View Full Version : electrically retarded

lznk41
08-20-2006, 12:24 AM
i just realized as i was installing my boost gauge that i am electrically disenclined and dont know how to tap wires or grounds (yeah i know im retarded :uglystupid2:) can anyone help me at the ontario this monday? tell me what to buy so i can get this thing LIT! (vacuum lines are already installed. just need to get illumination and ground tapped)

speedracer2169
08-20-2006, 12:44 AM
where are you located?

lznk41
08-20-2006, 12:55 AM
chino, ca

off the 71 fwy on grand

evomrguy
08-20-2006, 01:31 AM
I can show you at the meet if you want but if your just trying to light up the bulb its fairly easy. Just ground the black wire to the chassis, any bolt to metal will do the trick. The power wire just needs to go to a switched power source, you can tap into the wire off the cig lighter. That will light up the light on your gauge just fine and will be super easy to do. If you need further instruction just ask me at the meet.

lznk41
08-20-2006, 01:42 AM
i have a general idea of where to tap wires but i have no clue HOW to tap them :grin: so wat tools would i need and how would i need to do it? my apexi el2 boost gauge came with 2 "crimps" (dunno if thats what they're called but they look like u shaped metal pieces) some help on monday would be nice :)

TrickedOutEVOVIII
08-20-2006, 01:52 AM
shaun's always down to help a fellow evoer out...he always is, as are the rest of us. im sure you'll get the help you need bro

T

lznk41
08-20-2006, 02:14 AM
im sure u guys know enough to help me out so cant wait til monday! also what else should i buy to install the dejontool mbc. i think im missing a vacuum hose or maybe im supposed to go buy some. :)

speedracer2169
08-20-2006, 11:41 AM
you can do this open your fuse box inside the car, remove the fuse for the rear window wiper and stick the wire inside and then push the fuse back in to hold it in place. It's the easy ghetto way to get it done O0

lznk41
08-20-2006, 12:11 PM
AH GOOD Idea.. i cant believe i didnt think about that. the fuse box is right under the steering column too.. haha thanks! but now i have to worry about how to ground the wire.. :tickedoff:

speedracer2169
08-20-2006, 12:57 PM
AH GOOD Idea.. i cant believe i didnt think about that. the fuse box is right under the steering column too.. haha thanks! but now i have to worry about how to ground the wire.. :tickedoff:

remove the radio panel and you will see 4 screws holding the radio in. Take one of them out put the wire between the chassis and the radio mount and tighten make sure that the ground doesnt move and you are set

gofaster87
08-20-2006, 01:13 PM
Please dont wire up the car if youre going to do it ghetto style. Get someone that knows how to do it or take it to a shop. Patience, you bought the car without a boost guage, it can wait a little longer.

evomrguy
08-20-2006, 10:03 PM
Yeah really, speedracer2169, what kind of half ass advice is that? Are you trying to have the guy burn down his car with an electrical fire? Lets leave that kind of advice on the honda forums. Ok?

lznk41, just hit me up at the meet tomorrow night and I will help show you the right way to do it. Its not hard to do.

Evo8you
08-20-2006, 10:47 PM
You can tap into the dimmer switch also. That way your guage can be linked with your dash. Just an option, thats what I did.

lznk41
08-21-2006, 01:37 AM
ok ill just bring it by tomorrow. i dont drive the car much at night so right now its not a problem ;)