PDA

View Full Version : latest encounter

*chris*
08-21-2006, 10:03 PM
so for those of you that know me ...you know im living back in iowa for a few months. and you also know that i was just in cali for quick vacation from work. and if you didnt know any of that ...well now you know.

anyways...

im driving back to iowa ...going through omaha, nebraska. my radar detector goes off but i can tell its off in the distance by the signal strength thats registering. so i make sure to stay very close to limit ...which i was already pretty close to anyway.

its a 60mph zone and im doing prolly 61.

anyways, i see the cop sitting off on the side of road quite a ways ahead of me. so i continue. i get past him along with a bunch of other cars and merge into the lane to my left. the right lane was an 'exit only'.

anyways i see in my side view, him turn his blinker on and pull out. at this point im thinking ...oooook. someones getting busted. couldnt imagine why itd be me. low and behold he comes flying up behind me and cuts into the traffic thats behind me. lights come on. .....fkn great..... :roll:

i pulled you over cuz you have an aftermarket exhaust and you failed to signal when changing lanes. license, reg ....etc. cool ...iowa drivers license and cali registration. at this point i can tell exactly what he's thinking ....stolen car. the tone he uses to ask if this is MY car gives it away clearly. well hey, i get invited to join him in his car while he runs everything. ....fkn sweet.....

time for 20questions. lol. whats with the no blinker? what are you doing in NE? you live in iowa? why cali registration? whos that in your car? how long have you been going out with her? she lives in cali? is that exhaust aftermarket or did it come like that? what kind of mileage do you get? DO YOU HAVE ANY WARRANTS? why were you in cali for a week? why are you coming back to iowa? .....you get the picture.....

so my license comes back 'clear'. he wants to go check my vin to match the registration. i get to sit and stare at the other cop that shows up on the scene while he goes to play 20questions with my girlfriend.

so he comes back and gives me back everything and says im just gonna give you a warning. have a good day.

at this point i thank him for being courteous about everything and he just scoffs it off like ...yah whatever, i said get the hell out of here.

now ...my read into this. mr officer was a little bored of sitting on the road trying to bust someone for speeding and seeing as how i was the only out of state plate in that pack of cars, he wanted something to do. then seeing an iowa license and cali registration he figured he was gonna have a cool story about busting a stolen vehicle.

previous 6years of driving ....owned 2different cars, been pulled over 1time.
last year and a half ....evo8, pulled over 7times.
lol

speedracer2169
08-21-2006, 10:05 PM
thats fkn sucks

speedracer2169
08-21-2006, 10:06 PM
I'm debating of moving to Houston and I would be pretty pissed to deal with all that crap

*chris*
08-21-2006, 10:09 PM
yah ...it was just kinda frustrating as we still had about 4hours left of the trip and i was running low on energy and motivation. and 30min of sitting on the roadside in omaha wasnt really helping.

bored cops + evo = loss of sanity lol

speedracer2169
08-21-2006, 10:18 PM
yah ...it was just kinda frustrating as we still had about 4hours left of the trip and i was running low on energy and motivation. and 30min of sitting on the roadside in omaha wasnt really helping.

bored cops + evo = loss of sanity lol

I would have just gotten his badge number and file a complaint on his ass just for the hell of it

*chris*
08-21-2006, 10:25 PM
lol hadnt really thought about it ...like i said, low energy & motivation

909Evo
08-22-2006, 07:16 PM
What the heck would you file the complaint for?

Did you change lanes without signaling? If so, he has cause to stop you. I mean, it sucks you were driving a car registered to a different state than which you claim your residence, but the cop didn't do anything...

I dunno, I guess you can say that you didn't feel like being pulled over, so you shouldn't have been.

I would have just gotten his badge number and file a complaint on his ass just for the hell of it

And its people like YOU who prevent cops from going out and fighting real crime. If cops get complained on for doing a traffic stop that has all the red flags of a stolen car, but wastes someones time..... let me guess, your going to tell him to go out and fight real crime right?

I dunno, arrest people for stuff like, say.... stolen cars?

Imagine the complaints they get when they actually have to arrest someone.

*chris*
08-22-2006, 08:12 PM
whoa ...easy. when was i complaining about being pulled over? i was just stating ...its good for a laugh. and why does it suck about being registered in a different state? its an easy explanation as CA requires you to register if youre living instate even if youre a student.

like i said, i think he was just bored and since noone else was doing anything he felt like pulling me over. and once everything cleared, he had nothing and developed a bit of an attitude.

909Evo
08-22-2006, 08:33 PM
whoa ...easy. when was i complaining about being pulled over?

Yea, i really meant that more for speedracer, so sorry...

And it sucks for a few reasons. For starters, we have stupid high registration rates in CA. Also, since your car is registered here, its insured here, which is another kick in the nuts! And there is the whole fact that you have to explain yourself to the cops if/when you do get pulled over as to why your claiming residency here for student purposes, but not for license and stuff like that...

*chris*
08-22-2006, 08:45 PM
they do give a weird look when i hand them CA registration with IA license ...but once its explained they usually just brush it off like ...ohhhh ok. did not know that.

pretty sure he didnt believe me at first, but like i said when my info came back clear and my vin matched up. he just backed down and started dropping some attitude.

and actually registration wasnt that bad in CA. i think it was about 50 more than IA ...grand total was 250ish, which was alot less than i expected.

DTunedEvoX
08-22-2006, 11:44 PM
Least if it was my brother who pulled you over you could of gave him my name lol but it was in BFE..
But good stuff Chris!

evofosizzo
08-22-2006, 11:51 PM
lol

similar case for me..

*chris*
08-23-2006, 05:02 AM
Least if it was my brother who pulled you over you could of gave him my name lol but it was in BFE..
But good stuff Chris!

lol ill remember that in case of a future event...

lol

similar case for me..

yah ...2speeding tickets and a no seatbelt. rest were warnings. speeding was just stupid on my part but the no seatbelt ...wooo i wanted to go genocidal.

kimletrim
08-23-2006, 07:20 AM
Cops just love to f8ck with out of staters.

*chris*
08-23-2006, 09:00 AM
pretty much ....like the last spirit lake cop that pulled me over.

word for word ....'i just wanted to find out who you were'

DTunedEvoX
08-23-2006, 09:20 AM
pretty much ....like the last spirit lake cop that pulled me over.

word for word ....'i just wanted to find out who you were'

LOL thats just so wrong on so many levels LOL

*chris*
08-23-2006, 09:37 AM
lol you think he was flirting with me?