PDA

View Full Version : just got my first ticket ever!

Sho
08-21-2006, 11:03 PM
damn..kinda sux getting a ticket for the first time after driving for 6 yrs! anyways i was going around 50 on a 25 zone but i seriously did not know that the limit was 25 there. i seriously didnt see any 25mph signs(probably missed it) and i was going same speed as 2 other cars by me and all of sudden i see a freaking parkranger pull me over.the gay part is that the cop had to pull me over instead of 2 other cars that were going lil faster than me.... this is such sad trip cuz right now is really bad time for me with my finance. anyone got a similar ticket?? i want to know if i can take traffic school or pay fine. which ever way is the cheapest for me. any advices are welcome. thx.

speedracer2169
08-21-2006, 11:06 PM
eh where was it at? residential area should be 25. Check the area you might have TBD possible and get an extension if you dont have the funds yet

Sho
08-21-2006, 11:09 PM
do u know griffith park golf course? i was at the range there and its pretty wide open road and bunch of cars go at that speed. i think it was my huge wing that got me pulled over instead of other cars... oh and wat is tbd??

silvery_eagle
08-22-2006, 09:46 AM
TBD = trial by declaration
http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=37&topic=10663.0

first offence you can usually take a traffic school.. .but that's also gonna cost you around $200 ish if i remember correctly.
you'll receive a letter from the court at that area (courtesy notice)

SpdyEvo02
08-22-2006, 02:01 PM
i just got my first ticket and it cost me $165 with traffic school which was pretty fun i have to say.

speedracer2169
08-22-2006, 02:09 PM
do u know griffith park golf course? i was at the range there and its pretty wide open road and bunch of cars go at that speed. i think it was my huge wing that got me pulled over instead of other cars... oh and wat is tbd??

oh yeah you're gonna have a hard time beating that one

gofaster87
08-22-2006, 02:10 PM
Expect more tickets driving an Evo in California. Only way for them to leave you alone is to drive exactly the speed limit and stay stock but as we have seen with others, some cops will still give you a ticket.

j_nizzle
08-22-2006, 02:14 PM
i just got my first ticket and it cost me $165 with traffic school which was pretty fun i have to say.

i've gotten 4 tickets in the last year...LOL

1st traffic school
2nd, lost the case and paid with 1 pt on my record...ultimately why i cant afford the evo.
3rd, tbd and won
4th, tbd and won

smokinevo9
08-22-2006, 02:16 PM
u should check again because i don't think is 25 zone i think is 15 mph zone around the park. where exactly did you pulled over by the on ramp to the 5 fwy or closer to the range. i think going 50 is going to cost u some $........ imo

909Evo
08-22-2006, 07:13 PM
Yea, 2x the limit is gonna = cha ching.

Which V.C. did he cite you for 22350 or 22349? If he cited your for 350, you might have a chance. If he cited you for 349, your boned.

Sho
08-22-2006, 07:17 PM
^^ hey he cited me for 22350. can u give me some more info on that?? thx.

909Evo
08-22-2006, 07:26 PM
22350 is California’s basic speed law....

Basic Speed Law

22350. No person shall drive a vehicle upon a highway at a speed greater than is reasonable or prudent having due regard for weather, visibility, the traffic on, and the surface and width of, the highway, and in no event at a speed which endangers the safety of persons or property.

In essence if you can prove to the judge (although if you can afford it, I would say TBD) that you were driving at a speed with was perfectly safe, and completely reasonable for that highway, well then you didn't violate the law. Basically, you got to say the road way was not wet, it was sunny with perfect visibility, and traffic was minimal, no cross traffic, no side roads, no pedestrians, with a flow of traffic traveling at the same speed as you. If you really want to beat it, you’re going to have to go into roadway conditions, such as width and material of the road, maybe even stopping distances and what not.

Generally it wouldn't be so hard to do, but you were traveling at almost if not 2x the posted limit. So you’re going to fight an uphill battle. You'll most likely loose, but there might just maybe be a chance you can win.

BlueBooster
08-22-2006, 11:27 PM
50 in a 25 = 25 MPH over the limit. If memory serves me correct, anything 20 over and you must appear in court. Hate to be the bearer of bad news...