PDA

View Full Version : Damnit! First ticket and it had to be a fix-it...

silex
08-22-2006, 06:07 PM
Not that I wanted a real one...

For front tint and no license plate! Must be LA cops. Was a CHP patral car though. What's he doing off the beaten path? SD and OC cops are not this anal. I had full tint (even front windshield) on my previous car and it was a bmw m3. Think they would pull me over for that. Dammit...can I contest that I have sensitive skin to keep the front tint? As for the front plate, what if I just use sticky tape to keep it on temporarily. Anybody get bugged by leaving the plate on the dash?

BTW this was at 4:45p traveling southbound on the 405 at the on-ramp at El Segundo Blvd right near South LA.

08-22-2006, 06:50 PM
You can contest the front tint if you have a doctor's note stating that you have a sensitive skin. Since you got it in the afternoon, it should work.

silex
08-22-2006, 07:05 PM
Well I mean I kind of do. I break out in a rash if I don't have some sort of uv protection. I was told that you might say that there's a clear uv protectant film, but who knows. To make matters worse, I got the ticket in South LA where I am temp working for an internship, but live in Irvine! Can I have the fix-it signed off somewhere else?

Guess I can't do anything about the front plate and will just get it mounted...

909Evo
08-22-2006, 07:10 PM
Affix the front plate long enough to get your ticket signed off...

But NO, putting your plate in your windshield does not comply with C.V.C. 5201.

Enyth
08-22-2006, 07:31 PM
there are clear UV protectant films

silex
08-22-2006, 07:36 PM
Blah, not the info that I wanted to hear, My car is getting to the point of being pretty heavily modified and I should comply to as many rules and regs that will not give the pope more reason to pull me over.

909Evo
08-22-2006, 07:38 PM
Usually you will not get an actual ticket for front plate. Front plate will almost always be something that is used to stop a vehicle for whatever reason they actually want to stop it for. Not having a front plate just makes whatever kind of stop they want to make a perfectly legal stop.

Its sorta like, if they give everyone an actual ticket, and everyone complies and drives with a front plate..... well then how are you supposed to pull them over when you suspect they are DUI, or the car is stolen, or a # of other things, because now, you have no probable cause.

silex
08-22-2006, 07:41 PM
That's reason enough to get the front plate on and who knows...it might grow on me and I might actually like the way it looks (yeah right).

08-22-2006, 08:05 PM
Well I mean I kind of do. I break out in a rash if I don't have some sort of uv protection. I was told that you might say that there's a clear uv protectant film, but who knows. To make matters worse, I got the ticket in South LA where I am temp working for an internship, but live in Irvine! Can I have the fix-it signed off somewhere else?

Guess I can't do anything about the front plate and will just get it mounted...

I suggest you try a TBD for the tint by getting a note from a doctor (if you can do that), and that way you can pull out your note and give it to the cop if you get pulled over again. I for one can't live without tint after having it on for so long on my car.

As for the signing off of the ticket, you can get that done at any PD or CHP station. The local PD would be ideal since you don't have to pay anything. I think CHP has a $10 sign off fee.

silex
08-22-2006, 09:08 PM
Of course for the sign off fee I still have to comply with the violations for no front plate and front tint. This would be the best course of action of course. I'm still not too keen on putting my front plate on the car, and probably will end up zip tieing it to the front this time around. If I get pulled over again though...oh man.

silex
08-23-2006, 06:51 AM
I probably could have avoided this if I rolled down my fornt windows in time. I totally forgot and didn't do it until after I was pulled over. I drove right next to the cop on the on-ramp and thought nothing of it, but I'm sure he was staring right at me.

pog0
08-29-2006, 02:34 PM
SCOTT! You arent the only one man. I got pulled over 3 times for my tint, and was issued two tickets for window tint and front plate. I was told there is a certain PD in SD that doesnt check, IM me for details.

I would try to find a shady ass Vietnamese optometrist/doctor (I'm Viet too guys) and say I have insurance and if you can write me a letter saying that my eyes are sensitive to light you can charge full price for 5 minutes of work. I plan to do that.

As for the plate... I temp zip tied it to the front since I dont have my bracket anymore. My new excuse is going to be some prick stole it and left my plate. I plan to just keep it on the dash.

You never got pulled over in your M3 because it's an M3. When I had my IS300, it was DUMPED and 20% tint all around. No issues whatsoever. Profiling.....

silex
09-05-2006, 12:46 PM
DAVID! Yeah it seriously sucks to be profiled. But it can't be helped from their standpoint. I was going to get some kind of letter from the dermatologist written, but it's probably not worth it. Plates, well, I never get pulled over for just that so a temp zip tie is in order. You'll be getting that IM soon ;).

unit_121
09-05-2006, 12:57 PM
Dude, that blows. I bet that window tint was expensive huh? :'(

silex
09-05-2006, 01:09 PM
Actually, it wasn't and I do have a duplicate set I can put on once I remove the fronts. I'm just too lazy to remove it.

ArcticHaze
09-08-2006, 09:14 PM
makes me wonder if removing the wing makes the car less of a "profile" victim. after all to untrained eyes its just a lancer wout the damn LOOK AT ME IM AN EVO wing