PDA

View Full Version : need help with my ticket!

Granny Shifter
08-25-2006, 11:40 PM
Okay, I got my first ticket today. I was going down the canyon from my cousin's place and I got pulled over by a cop. I pulled to the side of the road and turned off my car and put my hands on the steering wheel. The cop told me I did 75 in a 35 zone. He gave me ticket. I know I was not doing 75. I would have died if I was doing that. I don't know how I can do this trial by declaration thing. Can I take traffic school and get the ticket cleared along with the point? Help me!

j_nizzle
08-25-2006, 11:57 PM
try the trial by declaration first. you wait for the ticket to come in the mail, and then you fill out the TBD form you can get at a local courthouse. then you ask for extensions...you're allowed two. after the second one is almost up, turn the paperwork in along with the check for your bail. then wait, if it comes back and you're guilty, you can either try traffic school or request a trial which will give you time to work on a case. just remember to document in as much detail as possible what happened. and keep records. good luck. you might want to look at the TBD sticky in this forum too. a lot of examples there. espeically speeding ones.

Granny Shifter
08-26-2006, 12:20 AM
Thanks. I know this cop was bs'ing me. How many points can this result in? Can I also just take traffic school to just get rid of it quickly. I'm looking at taking it online at: www.goodbyeticket.com

SpdyEvo02
08-26-2006, 12:21 AM
online traffic school depends if your county will allow you to take it online

CJexJiggy
08-26-2006, 12:25 AM
Go to TBD STICKY!!! It wurked fur me!!

kimletrim
08-26-2006, 01:08 AM
Look at the speed people! Because the officer wrote that he was way over the speed limit, this could be a reckless allegation, which would mean he would have to personally appear in court. TBD might not be an option here.

Granny Shifter
08-26-2006, 10:46 AM
This sux cause it is not true. I was not over that speed! What if it is considered reckless? What do I do?

Granny Shifter
08-28-2006, 07:21 AM
What are my options and how many points can i recieve? I am really nervous right now.

kimletrim
08-28-2006, 07:45 AM
Relax...for the moment. There is nothing you can do at this point. Wait for your courtesy notice in the mail. The notice should provide you with more infomation as to what is being/will be charged against you. If you don't get the notice, you will have to personally appear at the courthouse. At that time, you will definitely know what they are charging against you.

silvery_eagle
08-28-2006, 09:23 AM
if you're that worry, consult your lawyer