PDA

View Full Version : 2006 WRC talk...

trinydex
08-25-2006, 11:58 PM
anyone watching besides me?

seems that the extremelysideways downloads tend to go down every once in a while. but torrrents are usually decently strong.

silvery_eagle
08-26-2006, 12:53 AM
hey Trin...Â* i watched every race for this season... Sebastian loeb rox!!! that guy is crazy fast dude...and... i feel so bad about team subie... they seems cant get out of the bad luck every race... damn

by the way... to download there's no need for torrent... i have found one dedicated site from other members' post...

posting here per request: http://www.corriewolfe.com/Movies/

trinydex
08-26-2006, 12:58 AM
loeb never breaks down. i feel bad for ford... i like mikko and marcus and they are both really fast but always break down :\. same for solberg, it's just a damn shame.

loeb and sordo just breeze by in their little dependable citroens.

by the way you notice that the mitsubishi sounds like a dolphin?

silvery_eagle
08-26-2006, 01:05 AM
lol dont know about sounding like a dolphin... one of the most exciting round is the sweden ... gigi galli vs his teammate Daniel Carlsson... omg their time are so close to each other and overtake each other like 0.1 sec one round another...

it's worth a watch especially supporting our lancer :P

lagcisco
08-26-2006, 01:36 AM
I'm a WRC fan too, glad to see Germany day 3 come online aswell as Finland

trinydex
08-26-2006, 02:15 AM
i got all three days of finland RIGHT NOW!!!

cky_bam_marg
08-26-2006, 07:53 AM
i have got every episode from monte carlo to finland, and i watched them all in one sitting :grin:, this is my first time getting involved or interested in wrc and wow its so kick ass, and loeb did break down in greece when his back tires like fell off on the freeway lol,

loeb seems like a cool guy, i for some reason i like Gronholm he is a funny guy, and he was determind to win finland :-), and he always seems like a downer like he isnt confident or something which is funny i think. actually now that i think of it none of the drivers seem to be confedent or cocky, or have like a hard drive in them there all passive for some reason, the only "bring it on" type of attitude ive seen was in one of the previews where mikko was like yea where gonna beat loeb. this is my first year keeping up with this and i was wondering if the passiveness was a europian thing or what?.....liek ive seen some video of american rallies and the drivers r all cocky and drive subaru's lol.

anywho next year im planning a trip to go to rally mexico, spain, france, italy, and japan :-) let the good times a roll!!!

and i wanna see mitsu back in the game :-(

JOOTZ
08-26-2006, 08:01 AM
i could sit down for hours watching,have been a fan for a long time,thanks for the link guys.

EvoStevo
08-26-2006, 11:07 AM
i'd like to watch it but i don't see it anymore on Speed Channel. I like racing but freaking NASCAR 24/7 is a drag :tickedoff:

trinydex
08-26-2006, 12:10 PM
they don't cover it on speed anymore. anyway the eurosport coverage is better.

it hink the attitude of a lot of the drivers is more humble becuase they've been in teh sport long enough to know how it feels in every situation. even ones that involve friends dying. it's just a fact in rally that everyone breaks sometimes and battles are won and lost over that. by this nature one can't always attribute him or herself with the feeling or accomplishment of victory.

sometimes you really see them happy to be in front of a certain someone though.

i think this season i feel the worst for petter.

cky_bam_marg
08-26-2006, 12:27 PM
ok well that makes sense.

and yea i feel so bad for petter, every race his car is somehow mangles or busted somehow, and he seems to hate all his perrelli tires lol.

what do u guys think attributes to that. thats the sti just cant hang in terms of reliebility, or its just the subaru pit crew gummin up the works? to me sense mitsu isnt present :-( i sorta find myself wanting the subaru to take a few wins.

trinydex
08-26-2006, 12:38 PM
why does pirelli even make wrc tires

lagcisco
08-26-2006, 01:52 PM
arent they moving to a common tire next year?

IXMREVO
08-26-2006, 02:51 PM
Man I'm miss seeing wrc on speed what happened to that I'm glad I saw this cuz now ill just watch them online.

trinydex
08-26-2006, 04:22 PM
arent they moving to a common tire next year?
i think that's formula 1?

gh0stch1ld
08-26-2006, 07:08 PM
anyone know why they switched over from Michelins to BFgoodrichs?

trinydex
08-26-2006, 07:25 PM
in f1? michelin is just pulling out next year.

in wrc? michelin is bfgoodrich. they just want to get publicity for their sub company.

silvery_eagle
08-26-2006, 09:21 PM
ok well that makes sense.

and yea i feel so bad for petter, every race his car is somehow mangles or busted somehow, and he seems to hate all his perrelli tires lol.

what do u guys think attributes to that. thats the sti just cant hang in terms of reliebility, or its just the subaru pit crew gummin up the works? to me sense mitsu isnt present :-( i sorta find myself wanting the subaru to take a few wins.

true to that... if you watch one of the video where Petter's car was broke down again or something... he is speechless... literally!
".... (silence for like 5-6 second) no comment, go talk to the race manager"

and the latest series.... the subie engine went kaboom :(
that is just sad...

cky_bam_marg
08-27-2006, 06:45 PM
lol oh yea i so remember that wow u coudl tell he was pissed as hell. poor guy this just isnt his season or maybe car ? well yea i have only gotten into wrc in the 06 season, but where did the good drivers go ie collin Mcrae, and tommi makinen, and pastrada? do they race in the wrc anymore or like what happend to them?

trinydex
08-27-2006, 07:53 PM
they retired, and like carlos sainz just attend events and promote the sport.

i think lots of drivers retired recently... plus there was a large fall out of manufacturers support for wrc :\

in any case loeb is breaking all the records so... i wouldn't say that there is a lack of great drivers.

cky_bam_marg
08-27-2006, 09:20 PM
ok true loeb is kicking ass, but for some reason loeb just doesnt cut it for me, i mean yea he is a great driver and has had some great luck this year, but he feels a bit generic. im not quite sure how to put this well but i guess lackin a personality or something besided the great driving that makes him stand out seems to be lacking there for me. like the thing that makes a name brand product a name brand product. but this could all just be in my head too, and this coudl all just be a result of me not knowing to much about the cars they drive.

really the only car i know is the subaru, and somwhat to an extent the focus, but i had no clue what a citreon xara, peugeot, or skoda really are. like r these cars in europe ranked up there with evo's and sti's or what. i can see there all AWD, adn turbo'd which already makes them appieling to me but i guess i dont know much about there legacy or background, or hwo they rank with the public. i anyone shed some light to me about this and some background to these other cars? and maybe some specs too if ur feelign bored and have the time to fill me in lol

theycallmebruce
08-27-2006, 09:39 PM
Loeb ruled all of last year too. Not a big fan of him either, but only because he's so good that he makes watching it boring. nobody is even close. he's unstoppable. i remember watching last year's coverage on Speed, but the whole thing was sebastian loeb highlights.

This link is fantastic. great quality. O0

I would really like to watch highlights from P-WRC so i can see some evos, but they probably don't exist.

cky_bam_marg
08-28-2006, 07:10 AM
yea does anyone know where to get videos of any other rally events, on one of the previews of the wrc it showed some footage of the jordaan rally and it looked pretty bad ass, and has lots of evo's :smitten:

tanK
08-28-2006, 12:25 PM
No direct links, but you might want to try several Torrent websites. You might not get desireable download speeds on smaller events though, just depends on how many people actually are downloading/seeding the thing.

cky_bam_marg
08-28-2006, 12:42 PM
hey what is a torrent site?

theycallmebruce
08-28-2006, 01:22 PM
I use torrentspy.com

You need a program like bittorrent or azureus first though.

I doubt you are going to find p-wrc vids, but if you do let me know.

silvery_eagle
09-05-2006, 10:12 PM
anyone watched the WRC japan yet?
Marcus is flat out on the last day..... awsome driving skills O0

lagcisco
09-05-2006, 10:49 PM
just noticed they got uploaded, will be using my 12 t1s at work tomorrow to suck these up!

trinydex
09-06-2006, 12:19 AM
if he just didn't fuck up he woulda won by a huge margin.

*chris*
09-06-2006, 05:59 AM
as for the tires ...i couldve sworn last year they were talking about switching to a common tire for this year as well as all the driveline downgrades to put everyone on the same level of play.

last one i saw was greece ...so i need to get on with the new episodes.

cky_bam_marg
09-06-2006, 06:40 AM
if marcu would have been given one more stage he would have killed loeb, and i like how chris atkinson didnt even know his wing was gone, and when he found out he just laffed and made a funny face :-). and everyones brakes where freakin glowing and on fire lol. japan was a cool rally and marcus shoudl have won end of story, and i feel bad for sordo taking the shatty time b/c of that other guy breaking down and his car blocking the road its crap i tell u!!!!!

silvery_eagle
09-06-2006, 10:01 AM
actually sordo was kicked out on that run because he didn't put on the seatbelt after they pass the scene.. that make things even worse!

cky_bam_marg
09-06-2006, 10:06 AM
actually sordo was kicked out on that run because he didn't put on the seatbelt after they pass the scene.. that make things even worse!

oh shat ur right i just viewed that again wow how did i miss that......damn chimichanga getting all over the place must have distracted me.

but was he kicked out of that stage, for the day, or for all of rally japan?

silvery_eagle
09-06-2006, 10:11 AM
yep.. just checked wrc.com... he's kicked out of rally japan.. sux (forced retirement)

trinydex
09-06-2006, 12:06 PM
well... it's a good rule, he should have just stayed tucked in while his codriver went out to see what was going on. it was a bad call on his part and it only happened because he was new to the pro scene.

did you guys see the preview of rally spain??? they gave the whole rotor break down and showed the size of the rotors and calipers for both tarmac and gravel. it was pretty bad ass... showed some GREAT on fire rotor shots. so cool.

cky_bam_marg
09-06-2006, 12:28 PM
well... it's a good rule, he should have just stayed tucked in while his codriver went out to see what was going on. it was a bad call on his part and it only happened because he was new to the pro scene.

did you guys see the preview of rally spain??? they gave the whole rotor break down and showed the size of the rotors and calipers for both tarmac and gravel. it was pretty bad ass... showed some GREAT on fire rotor shots. so cool.

lol shit yea. it was some guy from the subaru team talking about rotars and god damn those tarmac ones where bloody huge, and god damn im suprised they dont just melt, and i forgot who's it was but one of the cars rotars where on fire and i was laffing so hard it was the sicked thing ive ever seen lol!!!

hey also i noticed that some maybe even all of the teams where taking there tires and using what looked to be a box cutter to make more grooves and cuts into the tires tred.....i was wondering if this really had an advantage, and for wat, and if u can do the same with a set of daily driven tires, and would it benifiet them on the street and the track?

trinydex
09-06-2006, 12:34 PM
well all their tires are cast as slicks... they cut the thread themselves (for tarmac tires) only the compound is different. it's not a box cutter but more of a groove cutter.

they have a bigger groove cutter that's rotory that they use for bigger cuts.

i wouldn't recommend doing it with daily tires as there isn't that much thickness to be shaving off. i mean you can shave it to down to where the real treads are but most tires are already cut pretty much the way they're designed to be.

cky_bam_marg
09-06-2006, 01:09 PM
oh ok cool just curious lol, also isnt the rim limit in rallying 15", thats just what ive read around these here forums, but i see drivers in wrc with 16" and 17" even stock evo rims? and then there r those just ungodly ass brake rotors that dont seem like they would fit in a 15" rim?

trinydex
09-06-2006, 02:34 PM
i'm not sure the diameter of the rotor but i think much of it is in the compact size of the hat and the width of the actual rotor. you'll notice that they're about twice the thickness of our rotors.

cky_bam_marg
09-06-2006, 05:03 PM
hhmmm ive never thought if it that way, good point.

hey have u ever been to a rally event in person? if so how was it? and how will u find ur way to the different stages, and well is it boring or fun in person?

the reason im asking is b/c being as how im mexican ans so is my mom we have the uncannay ability to speak spanish, and combined with her love of traveling to spanish speaking nations, ive got her convinced right now to go rally mexico, argentina, spain, portugal, itally, and potentially greece but thats up in the air. so under the guize of a family vacation i got my parents, girlfriend, and maybe another friend in the motions to go out there for the 07 rally year. the only thing holding me back is if there as fun or better to watch in person as on the computer/TV.

hell maybe we should make a socalevo trip to the mexico rally, hell im legal for "everything" over there :D

trinydex
09-06-2006, 05:09 PM
wow... that sounds very lucky of you. i was thinkinga bout mexico but you can't drive, you'd have to fly.

cky_bam_marg
09-06-2006, 08:03 PM
yea i know, ive flown on a mexican plane once it i was scared the whole time like no joke and the plane food wasnt that good lol the jello was like a damn brick :laugh:. but yea my mom knows mexico like the back of her hand as was telling me the place where they hold the rally mexico at is str-8 up boonies but we have familey up there so it might not be that bad lol. but hope fully buy then i will have my canon XL2 and show u guys some sweet as pics of dirty cars, and hopefully an evo or 5 will be there :smitten:.

but for real though y not make a evo community trip or something to one of these events maybe we can get like discounted plane tickets if they know where from the same club/group or w/e it would be sweet getting 20-50 peoplle from here and going to see one of these things. i mean really u know u would love it, and what other online car community does something this bad ass......it can only be topped by those damn gumball people (which i swear to god i will go do one day) once my driving record gets cleared up and what no lol.

well think about it man....we got a year to plan this out

lagcisco
09-06-2006, 08:49 PM
vamos a mexico cabrones!

cky_bam_marg
09-06-2006, 09:03 PM
march 9-11, 2007 rally mexico.........:-) who's in?? we need someone to organize this beast?

trinydex
09-06-2006, 11:14 PM
i think it's a good idea... run it by the admins to get official support.

cky_bam_marg
09-07-2006, 06:29 AM
which one of the admins shoudl i send this idea to? and we gots to get ahold of some acomadations?

trinydex
09-07-2006, 03:42 PM
uhm... dr mosh you should try

cky_bam_marg
09-08-2006, 07:17 AM
well i messeged mister mosh yesterday, so yup yup hope to get a responce soon from our fearless leader :-P