PDA

View Full Version : 30 day impound

tech2o
08-27-2006, 01:27 AM
Was pulled over for speeding. The officer tried all he could to get a higher charge. When he couldn't, he had me sign the citation, making sure he did not mention he wrote me for competetion of speed, which in this instance was completely false, although he told me I was being pulled over for speeding.
He then gleefully let me know that my car would be impounded for 30 days. After many quires as to who/what I was racing, only foolish answers were provided. Ie: You must have been racing, speeding like that, and , there was a Mercedes flying up on you... blah blah. He leaves me stranded in 100 º heat 50 miles from home. "To Protect and Serve" If Only.
On arraingnment day, the DA also thought the officer was doing A LOT of imbelishishing. He sent it back for clarification. Hopefully it will be seen as what is was, BS.
I was told by a Sgt. (when I went to try and get the impound lifted) that all stops are recorded. I hope so, but I'll bet there isn't one. It would show the truth of my harrassment and victimization by this officer. I'm no angel, but this has cost me $1000.ºº in impound fees, and a $ 2500.ºº atty. fee (so far)

I hate saying it, but the police are preying on us, everyday citizens.
This brings in millions of dollars for the cities/counties. They can't catch the bad guys or protect the citizens, so they prey upon us.

I know that there are good cops, but I know that ther are too many that are not good cops. Remember, we pay for them.

thisxguy
08-27-2006, 01:37 AM
i know what you mean...but my car wasnt impunded.Â* i've gotten enough crap from them...even when i drove my bmw.Â* good luck with your car!Â* go and kick that cops ass (in court)! :2funny:

EvolutionR
08-27-2006, 02:09 AM
good luck with that and get your car back

gofaster87
08-27-2006, 10:20 AM
Be sure to file a civil suit against the officer himself. Fucking with his livelihood will teach him a lesson.

tabio42
08-27-2006, 11:21 AM
Yeah you should pursue it in court. Who knows, maybe you'll end the harassment for everyone.

It sucks when cops are dickheads. Because so many of them are cool. I live in Aliso Viejo and every local Sheriff is awesome. They do their jobs efficiently (zero crime rate) and never harass people unnecessarily.

What dept. was the cop that impounded your car? CHP, Sherriff, local PD?

socal_HKS_evo8
09-21-2006, 09:41 PM
oh wooow thats terriable....i got caught street racing back in the days with my rsx and was left 2 countys from my home :tickedoff:....live and learn

theoverachiever
09-23-2006, 10:05 AM
I remember some cop in hawaii was giving bs tickets, so some people on the forums decided to take a stand. They went to his house, got a chain attached it to a truck and yanked off one of the front wheels. That cop drives a mach1 now. :)

chuckdashi
09-23-2006, 12:16 PM
damn how fast were you goin?....

Absinthe
09-26-2006, 09:45 AM
Be sure to file a civil suit against the officer himself. Fucking with his livelihood will teach him a lesson.

I am with sam, if your story is as you say it is, sue the cop, and then sue the city for impound fees and attorney costs.

DTunedEvoX
09-26-2006, 10:34 AM

I am with sam, if your story is as you say it is, sue the cop, and then sue the city for impound fees and attorney costs.

+2 and then drive slower :P