PDA

View Full Version : oil cooler kits

trinydex
08-29-2006, 06:35 PM
does roadrace offer something like this? like a setrab something or other and all the lines and fittings that go with it?

Skiracer
08-29-2006, 08:06 PM
I have a friend who did a ghetto oil cooler setup by diverting a portion of his IC sprayer to spray his oil cooler simultaneously

trinydex
08-29-2006, 11:50 PM
i got no ic sprayer, but that is one cool idea regardless.... he should spray his tranny and his oil pan too!

silver04rs
09-02-2006, 10:49 PM
You just might be on to something there O0

gofaster87
09-03-2006, 09:01 AM
I think a sprayer in the cabin would be pimp.

gt40
09-03-2006, 09:34 AM
does roadrace offer something like this? like a setrab something or other and all the lines and fittings that go with it?

RRE has been using Setrab and other brands of cooler for years.

trinydex
09-03-2006, 01:59 PM
I think a sprayer in the cabin would be pimp.
that's so vegas.

silver04rs
09-05-2006, 12:18 AM
you guys can spray all you want.... an it wont do anything but make a puddle under you car

Order a Setrab from RRE and do it the Road Race way...... not the Vegas way

trinydex
09-05-2006, 12:21 AM
yeah so roadrace has this well sorted???

Mike W
09-05-2006, 10:28 AM
Yes, we have done this before :-) But mounting is a little different with each car. Different bumpers, different intercooler pipes to clear. How much time you want to put into ducting it perfect. How big or if crazy big. Setrab cores are the best.

Mike W

C-Spec
09-05-2006, 10:46 AM
THANKS turbolarry for the lin. also what size to get?

trinydex
09-05-2006, 04:49 PM
excellent to hear... my oil cooler got trashed by a retread.

gofaster87
09-05-2006, 05:20 PM
you guys can spray all you want.... an it wont do anything but make a puddle under you car

Order a Setrab from RRE and do it the Road Race way...... not the Vegas way

The vegas way is the only way.

Mister
09-05-2006, 06:15 PM
Are you guys adding an additional oil cooler to the existing factory cooler, or just replacing the factory cooler?

Also, any recommendations to a tranny cooler? I was leaning towards Setrab as well?

Mike W
09-06-2006, 02:52 AM
Replacing the stock oil cooler with a larger oil cooler.

Setrab makes the raw cooler cores for what ever oil you are trying to cool. Tilton makes the pump to cool tranny fluid.

Where you transfer the tranny fluid to and from the tranny as well as the quality of lines and fittings is up to your budget. Best would be to weld on threaded bungs hosing cooled tranny oil at the problem gears and pumping it through -8 braided lines.

Mike W

trinydex
09-06-2006, 03:33 AM
sounds so badass... i think i'll take two

DC_TypeR
09-07-2006, 09:15 AM
Mike,

How much would the Seatrab oil cooler be with the welded on bungs, AN fittings and SS braided lines installed?

If you can, break it down, so I know what the cost is, versus installation costs

Thanks

-Chris

earlyapex
09-07-2006, 10:21 AM
Where you transfer the tranny fluid to and from the tranny as well as the quality of lines and fittings is up to your budget. Best would be to weld on threaded bungs hosing cooled tranny oil at the problem gears and pumping it through -8 braided lines.

Mike W

This is exactly what TRE did with my 6spd. Pickup is down by the drain plug, return is right above the 4thÂ* gear problem gear. The AN fittings are not welded into the casing however, they are tapped and threaded in. I imagine he did this incase a fitting got stripped, etc, I could just thread a new one in. However I was expecting threaded welded in bungs like Mike said above so I am a little disapointed about that. The pickup fitting is -10AN and the return fitting is -8AN.

I will be using a Tilton fluid pump and a fluidyne cooler.

GokuSSJ4
09-07-2006, 10:59 PM

Setrab makes the raw cooler cores for what ever oil you are trying to cool. Tilton makes the pump to cool tranny fluid.

Mike W

can you quote a general price on how much for a tranny cooler, + labor

StockEVO
09-09-2006, 09:56 AM
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evo/robi/robi-oilcooler.jpg

trinydex
09-09-2006, 11:01 AM

Mike W

can you quote a general price on how much for a tranny cooler, + labor
it depends on which core you want, which lines you like etc...

trinydex
09-09-2006, 11:33 AM
setrab makes a billion coolers, i mean you had that list.