PDA

View Full Version : For Sale without Prices *rant*

Tarmac02
08-30-2006, 06:20 PM
Okay I'm gonn abitch about something. This may or may not be the right place for me to post this. But it's better for me to post it here than in somebody's for sale thread and turn it into a flame fest. Is it just me that gets pissed off when somebody doesn't give a price? Shouldn't that be a rule... or at least common sense? I haven't bought anything off anybody in the forums in a good long while or even made an offer so this isn't directed at necessarily one person or anybody I've had experience with. So I guess my point is....

IMHO

If you're going to attempt to sell something online, give some value to what you're selling and name a price. More people are going to pose interest and make offers. Even if the offer is a little lower that what you're asking it's still interest. Otherwise, don't be upset when somebody gives you a dickhead, lowball offer.... because they don't know what you want for it, and you're going to sound like an asshole when you reply with a post saying "I paid $XXX for this and I'm not about to give it away."

rino
08-30-2006, 07:03 PM
Other boards I visit often have a rule to post the price or the post gets deleted. I think it's a good idea.

NMREJ6
08-30-2006, 07:09 PM
doesn't bother me , but its a good idea Tarmac02

hksevo8
08-30-2006, 07:35 PM
I am sure we will discuss this at the next staff meeting.....whenever that may be. I think the idea is a good one, but also think the ability to PM the person who is selling the item is ok. Lets remember that it is a sellers market when it comes to car parts......

rammsteinmatt
08-30-2006, 08:43 PM
the only problem i see is when the seller doesnt know what a reasonable price is for an object.

admittedly, most people dont do the research for items that they are selling, because they're lazy, and expect someone else to do it for them. If you put up an honest effort, and turn up with nothing, you may put up a price that is unreasonably high, and there are a number of people that aparently take personal offense to you know knowing something and posting it on the forums.

so the mandatory price thing is a very good idea IMO, but perhaps there should be another mod to clean up for sale forums from the potential flaming for posting some unreasonable price

or just let it go and let people hack it out. that'd be interesting to watch at least

j_nizzle
08-30-2006, 08:50 PM
it pisses me off most when vendors do this. they advertise selling an item and wont disclose the price. why waste people's time? screw "pm me for special price" just post the fkn price when it's up there. retail, and then your own if it's lower. and please include the total amount for the item if you choose charge tax too, payment methods, misc charges or extra things(credit card charges, etc). it makes it easier for the buyer and especially easier for you instead of repeatedly answering the same question to buyers who drive the same car and want the same product.

thisxguy
08-30-2006, 08:51 PM
it kinda bugs me when the vedors do it...they know what cost is and everything. they already have a set price and stuff...it takes us longer to find out the price and decide if we want it. if they post what they want for it, then their sales would go by quicker

someone could start a forum with resale values of different parts O0 Â*but that would be a lot of work

JOOTZ
08-30-2006, 10:40 PM
imho sales might go faster if people already know what they in for,PM is ok, its just decisions are quicker with all the facts up front,one more thing is protecting members from unscrupulous dealers,know its hard but there must be a system.

Tarmac02
08-31-2006, 05:08 AM
I can understand when a vendor does it,... they have a great price and don't want other vendors to speculate how they got it from the manufacturer for so cheap,... or other vendors trying to undercut them... That doesn't bother me.

DruMMinStUd06
08-31-2006, 07:58 AM
it pisses me off most when vendors do this. they advertise selling an item and wont disclose the price. why waste people's time? screw "pm me for special price" just post the fkn price when it's up there. retail, and then your own if it's lower. and please include the total amount for the item if you choose charge tax too, payment methods, misc charges or extra things(credit card charges, etc). it makes it easier for the buyer and especially easier for you instead of repeatedly answering the same question to buyers who drive the same car and want the same product.

+1 with every j said :tickedoff:

I also have to agree with Tarmac...although I have done it myself it is rather irritating.

DTunedEvoX
08-31-2006, 09:21 AM
+1 to the argument .. hate this ... its like dude I'm not psychic let me know whats up so I know if I'm wasting my time so I dont waste yours ya know?

kimletrim
08-31-2006, 09:33 AM
It stands to reason that only the SELLER should know what they are selling and how much they would like to get for it. It just saves so much time and effort to just list a price rather than getting offers. If its too high, then the seller will find out real fast. And a price is hardly every too low, because that is how much the seller was willing to let the item go for.

C-Spec
08-31-2006, 09:43 AM
i love this thread. I hated when someone is trying to sell something and you ask them how much? they told you to make an offer and i when you do give them your offer they have a retarded look on their face and start whining. This ain't fucking Ebay period. Set a fuckign price with OBO next to it and we'll go from there. Now at least we know what price you have in mind O0 good post Tarmac02 O0

drmosh
08-31-2006, 02:06 PM
The fact of the matter is, the classifieds section has grown into such a monster that it's almost ineffective at this point, we are looking at a new system of doing classifieds which will launch soon. There are also other initiatives we are working on to make the Evo community info sharing more efficient and streamlined, the forum setup is great for general threads and posts but we're looking at new solutions to bring about a more useful information organization.

JOOTZ
08-31-2006, 09:17 PM
+1