PDA

View Full Version : got a ticket....

SDevo
09-02-2006, 11:45 AM
This happened in california, san diego. I was at a friend house, we were going to go eat, one of them drive a Audi S4, Integra, Hatch, and i am driving a Evo. We pulled out to a street called camino Ruiz, i was the last one to turn the light was green and i turned steady, then as i was driving i accelerated on 1st to 4-5k rpm to catch up i was approximately doing around 30mph, infront of me there was the Audi S4, Right beside the Audi there was a hatch, and infront of the Audi there was another hatch, The hatch infront of the audi floored it it made plenty of sounds(2 lane street), next thing i look in my rear mirrior there was a cop with the ligths on pulling me over. I pulled over and the basic lala, He told me that i speed on the 90 degree turn and burning out while i was turning(First i think to myself, ok 4wd burning out on a turn doing 15mph...) then i was going to argue with him, but then my passenger knocked on my hand and told me its useless, Told me to pop the hood to see for illegal modifacation, i told him k&n filter was it, he was like its illegal i told him i purchase it like that and its just a filter that replace the old one. The audi infront of me was doing 35mph at max, he citied me down for doing 45mph on a 40mph street limit... Citited me down for having a passenger because i didnt have my license for full year, i didnt want to argue with him because it was pointless and i told him i know, but the truth is, the DMV rules changes when i got my license saying that you have to have 6 month of driving before transporting passenger, which they changed to 1year, also cited me down for no front plate. And lastely not wearing my glasses, i dont even need it. Base on my knowledge i didnt do anything wrong except accelerating, i need your guys help on this one on what to do, i am 16. Happend at 9pm

wj4
09-02-2006, 12:26 PM
you post this in the wrong section. i think you should contest the 45 in 40mph zone, but i dont know what you can do about carrying passenger when youre not suppose to...

Shortee
09-02-2006, 12:34 PM
well just like wj4 said..you posted this in the wrong section. try the law enforcement section next time

well did you get your license before they change the law? cause if you did it should say so on the back of your license that you only need 6 months. cause thats what it says for me. and on my friends' it says 12 months. but for the other things i dont really have knownledge but im pretty sure others will help you out.

Chris in SD
09-02-2006, 12:40 PM
I have decided on my next career: English teacher. Posts like the first one make mine brain hurt... At the age of 16, I would expect concepts like punctuation, paragraphs, grammar, and spelling to have taken hold.

I couldn't even finish reading the post.

wj4
09-02-2006, 12:43 PM
I have decided on my next career: English teacher. Posts like the first one make mine brain hurt... At the age of 16, I would expect concepts like punctuation, paragraphs, grammar, and spelling to have taken hold.

I couldn't even finish reading the post.

will you be able to afford your taste for fine automobiles with the salary of a teacher though? :P
i know a lot of people who are adults in the real world that have very bad writing skills. i do agree with you though, while this is the internet, one should be able to make a post or thread that is comprehendable.

SDevo
09-02-2006, 12:55 PM
Well my mistake for the grammar mistake, i was in a hurry to type it, if it would please you i would retype the whole shit if you want to. Your expecting me to type perfectly without mistake when i am piss off.

wj4
09-02-2006, 01:03 PM
Well my mistake for the grammar mistake, i was in a hurry to type it, if it would please you i would retype the whole shit if you want to. Your expecting me to type perfectly without mistake when i am piss off.

while i know youre only 16 and is pissed off because this is your first time getting stopped. there is no need to be e-thugging.

you may want to type up what it says on your ticket, the exact violation codes. the front plate is an easy fix it.
you may want to get a copy of the drivers handbook from the dmv to help you with you carrying passenger though.
45 in 40 zone, i think is doable via tbd since its very close to the speed limit.

SDevo
09-02-2006, 01:08 PM
I am not a e-thug fyi, Its just redicilous when i am just driving behind people at no more than 35mph and he cited me down for doing 45.. The audi that drove in front of me was driving no more than 35 either, i was right behind his rear, then some car decides to floor it infront of the audi making the cop thinking its me.

sorry moderator, can you put this tread in the law enforcement forums section.

Chris in SD
09-02-2006, 01:44 PM

Are you trying to prove my point? I am not dinging you, I am dinging the educational system.

Don't let your emotions control you - we all get upset and no one likes to get a ticket. Just take a deep breath, collect your thoughts coherently, put them down, and I bet you'll get a lot better reception to your problem. Good luck with the ticket.

j_nizzle
09-02-2006, 01:47 PM
you're young, and you drive an evo. it's eye candy to law enforcement wherever you go. my advice to you is to get a front plate on there first. and then try to do a TBD. did the officer cite you for transporting a passenger too? if he didnt, i would exclude that part in the TBD. if he did, you can only argue the speeding charge. good luck and be safe.

SDevo
09-02-2006, 01:59 PM
Sorry chris, i'll write down exactly what wrote.

22350VC unsafespeed
14603VC License restrictions
(Passenger in vehicles, Corp. Lens)
5200VC no front plate

speed aprox 45, max speed 40

Chris in SD
09-02-2006, 02:05 PM
Check into traffic attorneys and see if they can get it reduced on the "dumb kid" reason. Believe me, don't let ego get in the way - just blame on inexperience and ask for forgiveness... Everyone started out as a driving n00b, so the judge might cut you some slack.

gofaster87
09-02-2006, 02:08 PM
You live in California, live with it. I cant count the times I was pulled over or given tickets that were lame over the years. You can try driving a car that doesnt stand out, evo is the wrong car to be driving and be low key.

Dagul
09-02-2006, 06:28 PM
This happened in california, san diego. I was at a friend house, we were going to go eat, one of them drive a Audi S4, Integra, Hatch, and i am driving a Evo. We pulled out to a street called camino Ruiz, i was the last one to turn the light was green and i turned steady, then as i was driving i accelerated on 1st to 4-5k rpm to catch up i was approximately doing around 30mph, infront of me there was the Audi S4, Right beside the Audi there was a hatch, and infront of the Audi there was another hatch, The hatch infront of the audi floored it it made plenty of sounds(2 lane street), next thing i look in my rear mirrior there was a cop with the ligths on pulling me over. I pulled over and the basic lala, He told me that i speed on the 90 degree turn and burning out while i was turning(First i think to myself, ok 4wd burning out on a turn doing 15mph...) then i was going to argue with him, but then my passenger knocked on my hand and told me its useless, Told me to pop the hood to see for illegal modifacation, i told him k&n filter was it, he was like its illegal i told him i purchase it like that and its just a filter that replace the old one. The audi infront of me was doing 35mph at max, he citied me down for doing 45mph on a 40mph street limit... Citited me down for having a passenger because i didnt have my license for full year, i didnt want to argue with him because it was pointless and i told him i know, but the truth is, the DMV rules changes when i got my license saying that you have to have 6 month of driving before transporting passenger, which they changed to 1year, also cited me down for no front plate. And lastely not wearing my glasses, i dont even need it. Base on my knowledge i didnt do anything wrong except accelerating, i need your guys help on this one on what to do, i am 16. Happend at 9pm

I was the guy who waved to you as I passed by last night...

You kind of remind me of the first ticket I got in my 1G when I was 17... It was a lot worse and a lot more BS than your ticket... Mira Mesa PD aren't as bad National City PD... Anyway, do your homework and keep notes about everything that happened prior to PD pulling you over so that you can build your case...

SDevo
09-02-2006, 07:04 PM

I was the guy who waved to you as I passed by last night...

You kind of remind me of the first ticket I got in my 1G when I was 17... It was a lot worse and a lot more BS than your ticket... Mira Mesa PD aren't as bad National City PD... Anyway, do your homework and keep notes about everything that happened prior to PD pulling you over so that you can build your case...

were you in the GG mr?

Dagul
09-02-2006, 07:07 PM
were you in the GG mr?

Yeah, that was me... Not unless there were other EVOs that happened to drive by and wave shortly before/after I did... :grin:

09-02-2006, 07:08 PM
Sorry to hear that. I've had my fair share of tickets. If you can get away with going to traffic school then I'd say just pay the fine and go to some online traffic school. If you can't, start doing some research on how you can gather some evidence to defend your plea in court.

Evo8supercar
09-04-2006, 11:19 AM
Your speeding ticket is 100% bogus, I will base my defence at the word Approximately speed that he put on your ticket, 5 miles over radar is not very accurate. You have a witness in the car that will testify you are going the speed limit.

How did He clock you, radar or by pace your speed?

SDevo
09-04-2006, 11:37 AM
He estimated my speed.