PDA

View Full Version : Muellerized Evo at Infineon This Weekend

Muellerized...
09-02-2006, 10:42 PM
Today we qualified our Evo for the SCCA ITE race at Infineon. We will be running back to back 30 minute events Sunday afternoon, after running a qualifying session for the Super Production class first thing Sunday morning.

We have been working hard taking our car to the next level in performance, witnessed by our shattering our own qualifying lap record by 2 full seconds, bringing it down from a 1:45.2 set earlier this year, to a 1:43.2

I would like to thank my teammates for the hard nosed work ethic and the fantastic effort they bring each and every day we work together, good job team.Â* O0

Smogrunner
09-03-2006, 10:13 AM
John,
Very nice job. I'm always impressed that you consistently give credit to your teammates and their contributions. It is obvious that your props to them are truly sincere. Could you put that 1:43.2 into perspective for us? I know it is fast as hell, but what kind of times have the 2nd and 3rd fastest Evos put down on the same course (if you happen to know that info).

C-Spec
09-03-2006, 11:20 AM
pix please.

Blak94GSX
09-03-2006, 08:00 PM
Kent ran a 1:42.8 this morning. Unfortunately in the Super Production race he got punted off the track and with the car spinning and driving backwards, the motor ran backwards and broke some shiny parts inside the motor :(

The car ran great though, and Kent's driving was really showing off the new setup well.

Chris in SD
09-03-2006, 08:06 PM
Did a Corvette do the punting? I can hear the gold chains jangling from here...

Sorry to hear about the mishap.

Richard EVO
09-03-2006, 09:09 PM
How to beat EVO Kent: Punt.

Muellerized...
09-04-2006, 08:47 AM
The USTCC points leader runs high 1:55s at this track, running without ballast.

It took a former Trans Am tube frame V8 powered car to knock us off of the road, it was so blatant that the Stewards of the Meeting DQed him for the contact.

Kent's personal streak in ITE is still going, as we did not start the ITE part of the event...

We have found much more speed, by working together tirelessly while making small detail changes to our set-up. I could not be more proud of all of the boys and girls that contibute to our success. We will be back on track at the Muellerized Tribute to Lee Mueller Double Regional at Laguna Seca at the end of this month.

http://www.muellerized.com/videos/index.php?path=Lee_Mueller%2F24_hours_Daytona/

hagakure
09-04-2006, 09:27 AM
So the USTCC Evo runs slower at infineon than Donna Gilios ITA/H4 Civic (high 1:54's)?

earlyapex
09-04-2006, 11:02 AM
So the USTCC Evo runs slower at infineon than Donna Gilios ITA/H4 Civic (high 1:54's)?

Percy:

We have been working hard taking our car to the next level in performance, witnessed by our shattering our own qualifying lap record by 2 full seconds, bringing it down from a 1:45.2 set earlier this year, to a 1:43.2

Kent ran a 1:42.8 this morning. Unfortunately in the race he got punted off the track and with the car spinning and driving backwards, the motor ran backwards and broke some shiny parts inside the motor :(

;)

EDIT: Nevermind, I misread. You are talking about the white USTCC Robi/WORKS evo correct?

hagakure
09-04-2006, 11:10 AM
I was talking about the Robi/WORKS Evo.

silver04rs
09-05-2006, 12:52 AM

LOL, great car to pick..... and her name is Frank now, didnt you see the Wheel?

GST Mike
09-05-2006, 08:38 AM
I was talking about the Robi/WORKS Evo.

I would suspect that is with them sand bagging, Dave Brown was running 1.48's all day last year in the Spoon Intergra.

It's a bit like the USTCC Evo going round Miller in 3.21's when a stock Evo with tires turns 3.18's (albiet the USTCC car was weighed down like crazy at this event)

Mike

ustcc evo
09-05-2006, 12:01 PM
This armchair racing cracks me up. First of all, a stock Evo will run 1:55 at sears with RA-1s and a Flash only, but of course that's with me driving... We have no idea what we will run at Sears, as we've only tested the Goodsport Evo there under conditions very different from our current race trim.

We ran 3:21s at Miller with 17psi of boost, 3450+ lbs on 235s, too much wing, and a very hot day.

Brown never ran a 1:48 in the Spoon car. He did a 49 once in qualifying, but that was with less weight than they run now, a currently outlawed close-ratio box, and a really great tune.

I would suspect that is with them sand bagging

And as far as sandbagging...I'll not even address such baseless, inflammatory accusations.

Good job as usual to the Mueller crew...Is your time fast enough to get a decent result in a WC GT event?

GST Mike
09-05-2006, 12:31 PM
This armchair racing cracks me up. First of all, a stock Evo will run 1:55 at sears with RA-1s and a Flash only, but of course that's with me driving... We have no idea what we will run at Sears, as we've only tested the Goodsport Evo there under conditions very different from our current race trim.

We ran 3:21s at Miller with 17psi of boost, 3450+ lbs on 235s, too much wing, and a very hot day.

Brown never ran a 1:48 in the Spoon car. He did a 49 once in qualifying, but that was with less weight than they run now, a currently outlawed close-ratio box, and a really great tune.

I would suspect that is with them sand bagging

And as far as sandbagging...I'll not even address such baseless, inflammatory accusations.

Good job as usual to the Mueller crew...Is your time fast enough to get a decent result in a WC GT event?

I seem to remember the 1.48 in practice but that's neither here nor there, my point is that I would imagine your car would be faster than 1.55 when it was not restricted by weight and such if your telling me different then fine.

I am not arm chair racing at all, I was just commenting on a post as I didn't think your USTCC car unweighted was that slow given the USTCC WRX turns 1.50's and the Legacy runs 1.48's in GARRA trim.

Again congrats to the Mueller camp on a extremely fast time and sorry to hear of your missfortune during the race.

Mike

Muellerized...
09-05-2006, 01:07 PM

It did at the NASA event in April.

speedform
09-05-2006, 01:08 PM

Now we're talking! ;)