PDA

View Full Version : Engine Noise

MitsEvoIX
09-03-2006, 09:53 PM
Hi, does anyone haveÂ* weird tick tick tick noise from their engine?Â* I drove my car pretty hard tonite (redline couple times), and when I parked my car I heard this tick tick tick noise from the engine.Â* I think this is da first time dat I heard this noise form my car. Btw, I drive a stock IX.Â* I know I might be paranoid, but any comments woud help thanks.

IXMREVO
09-03-2006, 10:00 PM
Was the car off and doesn't this happen to every car?

MitsEvoIX
09-03-2006, 10:11 PM
da engine was still running

MitsEvoIX
09-03-2006, 10:14 PM
I parked da car but didn't shut off the engine.

evomrguy
09-03-2006, 10:27 PM
Its really not that hard to type one more letter. Its, the. Say it with me now, the. Good now that we have that settled.

It may be that the car got hot and the cat got warm. You could hear metal expanding which makes a ticking noise. It could also be the emissions solenoids ticking. Let us know if the noise persists.

speedracer2169
09-03-2006, 10:28 PM
its normal. check your oil. usually the ticking is the result of the coil over plug ignition. sometimes it can be your valves and you might need an oil change. how loud was it?

trinydex
09-03-2006, 10:54 PM
is it normal to post in the correct forum?

MitsEvoIX
09-04-2006, 12:18 AM
thanks for all THE comments

trinydex
09-04-2006, 12:49 AM
the other thing is that there's numerous ticks in the evo. the normal rpm fast ticking could be the injectors... maybe you never noticed.

a rapid rpm fast ticking could also be a lifter, collapsed bad or unhappy with your motor oil.

a car that's turned off and has parts cooling will tick erratically and slowly.

typing tick tick tick tick on an internet forum doens't tell us how fast it is on a metronome and it doesn't tell us shit about where it's coming from, how loud it is or anything.

please... if you want help, post in the right section. then post DETAILED information, try to find out what's goin' on as much as YOU can so WE can then find out what's going on and then maybe guide you in the right direction.

in all technicality we're not here to diagnose your car... we're not certified, at most people tell you your car's not blowed the fuck up and maybe it goes away. if it's bad we can tell you you blowed the fuck up and drag it to our favorite shop that we like to whore out.

so with this in mind and in perspective... please post accordingly.

Miss Evo8
09-04-2006, 07:51 PM
Wow if I freaked at every tick thump clunk squeek knock ping thonk clank clunk and boom my Evo made I'd be a nervous wreck!!!!!! Check your oil make sure its not low and up to par.....I doubt you drove it that "hard"

EVOMANIAC
09-04-2006, 08:16 PM
Loud stereo = no unusual noises. Learned that trick with my 1st Gen Eclipse

pasadena evo 626
09-09-2006, 05:31 AM
u need to chek oil the could be that prob

Macky
09-09-2006, 10:55 PM
could be clutch chatter.

mxwrench
09-12-2006, 02:03 PM
Ticking probably being caused by excessive valve to cam clearance. Most notably caused by high temp hard running. Should clear up once engine heat cycles again.

socal_HKS_evo8
09-22-2006, 11:39 AM
yea im sure its just the exhaust it makes that ticking noise every once in a while....is your car stock?