PDA

View Full Version : Little Tokyo

unit_121
09-04-2006, 11:43 AM
Do any meets ever go down in little Tokyo? I saw a bunch of modded cars, I tried to ask these guys with matching 240sx but they were dicks, I think they thought I was an undercover cop or something.

wj4
09-04-2006, 01:52 PM
you sure they were dicks or if they dont speak english? i used to go to little tokyo all the time as a kid to buy "jdm toys", like the build it yourself gundams and stuff.

DJ_STEPH
09-04-2006, 08:40 PM
^^lol i dont know about any meets but i go there once a week
to check out some jdm girls

NipponHamFighters
09-04-2006, 11:24 PM
HAHA JDM Girls. As a fellow nihonjin, as long as I been going there most of the the girls there are not Japanese. There are a handful of tourists and some Japanese students but most are Korean or Chinese who shop there. Now if you were talking about 10-15 Years ago, then I would agree about there being a lot of Japanese girls, Nisei, Sansei or Yonsei and Japanese students. Many of the students there live near Chinatown actually, but do travel to J Town to shop for groceries. There is also the old school original Marukai but unfortunately closed.

But as for meets, never really seen anything meanimgful. Parking is minimal and if you are parking on 4th or 2nd street then its only one way and even tighter. Most people I see is late night when we eat at Korakus which is open till early AM! Great place to eat if you have nowhere else to go, but if your ordering in English good luck!

Lancer EVO IX
09-05-2006, 09:13 AM

did somebody say JDM girls?? i'm in! no seriously though, where do single japanese girls hang out?

DJ_STEPH
09-05-2006, 09:28 AM
i love koraku!! and yea... i wanna know where jdm girls hang out too hehe

unit_121
09-05-2006, 12:08 PM
I was trippin out, many many beautiful "JDM" women and ridiculously modded cars. If nothing cracks there, I say we should start something there just to chill, have some japanese food, or just check out hot japanese girls

XubIX
09-05-2006, 12:18 PM

did somebody say JDM girls?? i'm in! no seriously though, where do single japanese girls hang out?

probably at home chatting on AIM or something

if you want asian chicks just go to westminster and head to the Green Mall.
dem asian ladies love the me chung ^^

unit_121
09-05-2006, 12:34 PM
im seriously down though, to start a meet in Little Tokyo, that would be sick

XubIX
09-05-2006, 12:37 PM
ide be down to do it maybe 2x a month or something.

i live in Irvine so its a bit of a drive :-o

unit_121
09-05-2006, 12:42 PM
thats cool, maybe the last week of every month we all gather at Little Tokyo for a meet

Lancer EVO IX
09-05-2006, 01:01 PM

probably at home chatting on AIM or something

if you want asian chicks just go to westminster and head to the Green Mall.
dem asian ladies love the me chung ^^

nah i'm speaking specifically about jdm girls. hahah. not viet, chinese, korean, etc. the japanese girls like to hide or something for some reason.

thats cool, maybe the last week of every month we all gather at Little Tokyo for a meet

i might be down for that.

MRevo9
09-05-2006, 02:24 PM
hm... i might be down for that, like once or twice a week?

Terenus
09-05-2006, 03:00 PM

ROFL, you're a sucker for meets.

MRevo9
09-05-2006, 03:04 PM
no im a sucker for jdm girls hehe

wj4
09-05-2006, 03:18 PM

why does this not suprised me? you need to get a map of southern california and mark all the meets youve gone to, man, lol.

i bet you prolly visited mexicoevo.net too :P

MRevo9
09-05-2006, 04:01 PM
lol

rino
09-05-2006, 04:22 PM
lol jdm girls

Terenus
09-05-2006, 04:24 PM
Are you talking about that mall at mitsuwa?

DTunedEvoX
09-05-2006, 04:44 PM
Yaohan Plaza?

NipponHamFighters
09-05-2006, 06:51 PM
Well it used to be Yaohan Plaza, but it was bought out by a Korean company who has named all Yaohan plazas Mitsuwa like the one in Costa Mesa. If you ever had a chance to visit Yaohan in its prime it was awesome. There was a bowling alley at the top floor and a couple big restaurants, a great arcade and a bunch of stores. Inside Yaohan market, the second floor was all textile and clothing goods. Every weekend it was packed and all kinds of events were going on. I remember for a long time we used to go to dances there and go bowling with all the Nikkei kids, and all the Japanese American and foreign students would hang out (Thats when there were a lot of Japanese American and Foreign Japanese Girls were there!!). It is pretty sad to see what Little Tokyo has become but I believe that the older generations were the ones who kept it going, but they are slowly passing away. There is still Summer festivals every year if you want to see a lot of people or girls. Keep in mind though, Japanese girls have no interest in cars as perhaps many Asian Americans do here. Many do not even know what a Skyline or Evolution is either, they never seen one. Also Japanese girls are not particularly attracted to Asian Men just to let you know. They like something different like Hakujin (White People) or (Korombo) African American Guys. I think they are tired of dating us Asian Folks HAHA!

Lancer EVO IX
09-05-2006, 06:59 PM
i didn't know a korean company bought out yaohan. interesting. where do most of the japanese women hang out on the weekends? if u asked me where all the korean girls hangout it's pretty simple. in k-town at clubs or cafes. but how come the japanese girls are so damn hard to find?

NipponHamFighters
09-05-2006, 11:26 PM
Well if you want to meet Japanese girls you need to hang out in the OC. Either HB, Laguna or Newport. Usually bars, beach and clubs that is where they are. There a many students at CSULB, as well as the Nikkei Club at CSULB. Also there is OCC who have a large International program. But they tend to like to hang out at bars with a more of a white crowd than anything. But there are still a handful who hang out at bars in Japanese Bars or small restaurants who specialize in traditional Japanese food and serve mainly only Japanese clients. There are a lot of these in Torrance, Gardena and Costa Mesa I think the main difference is that like how you say Korean Girls hang out at K Town and Korean Clubs right? I believe that they decide to travel outside the norm and hang out with others who are not all similar. They enjoy being in different and foreign atmospheres that are different than back home. So hanging in J Town all the time perhaps might be a little boring for them. Mainly though,the Japanese population isn't growing here in the US unlike many other Asian groups, but instead shrinking because there is a huge drop off in immigration to the US from Japan. Today its mostly Sansei Yonsei and Gosei Japanese who are so far removed from their culture or Hapa (mixed).

MRevo9
09-06-2006, 01:20 PM
Also Japanese girls are not particularly attracted to Asian Men just to let you know. They like something different like Hakujin (White People) or (Korombo) African American Guys. I think they are tired of dating us Asian Folks HAHA!

i hope your right dude lol

Terenus
09-06-2006, 01:23 PM
Also Japanese girls are not particularly attracted to Asian Men just to let you know. They like something different like Hakujin (White People) or (Korombo) African American Guys. I think they are tired of dating us Asian Folks HAHA!

Eggy was a good example.

j_nizzle
09-06-2006, 01:24 PM
fkn yellow fever...

MRevo9
09-06-2006, 01:25 PM
^^^ damn right hehe

Lancer EVO IX
09-06-2006, 01:27 PM
is it still yellow fever if i'm yellow? lol.

j_nizzle
09-06-2006, 01:30 PM

lol...go type yellow fever into the youtube search and watch the college video. it explains all.

DTunedEvoX
09-06-2006, 01:36 PM
Well it used to be Yaohan Plaza, but it was bought out by a Korean company who has named all Yaohan plazas Mitsuwa like the one in Costa Mesa.Â* If you ever had a chance to visit Yaohan in its prime it was awesome.Â* There was a bowling alley at the top floor and a couple big restaurants, a great arcade and a bunch of stores.Â* Inside Yaohan market, the second floor was all textile and clothing goods.Â* Every weekend it was packed and all kinds of events were going on.Â* I remember for a long time we used to go to dances there and go bowling with all the Nikkei kids, and all the Japanese American and foreign students would hang out (Thats when there were a lot of Japanese American and Foreign Japanese Girls were there!!).Â* It is pretty sad to see what Little Tokyo has become but I believe that the older generations were the ones who kept it going, but they are slowly passing away.Â* There is still Summer festivals every year if you want to see a lot of people or girls.Â* Keep in mind though, Japanese girls have no interest in cars as perhaps many Asian Americans do here.Â* Many do not even know what a Skyline or Evolution is either, they never seen one. Also Japanese girls are not particularly attracted to Asian Men just to let you know.Â* They like something different like Hakujin (White People) or (Korombo) African American Guys.Â* I think they are tired of dating us Asian Folks HAHA!

I lived in LA for many years growing up and my parents took me there all the time ... I missed the arcade ... the current one if I remembered still pwnz!

Lancer EVO IX
09-06-2006, 01:55 PM

lol...go type yellow fever into the youtube search and watch the college video. it explains all.

yeah i saw that one.

DJ_STEPH
09-06-2006, 11:16 PM
so.... when is the meet? haha
seriously tho..im down

Lancer EVO IX
09-07-2006, 08:39 AM
i'm down for it too. i guess we gotta decide exactly where we are going to meet and what day.

XubIX
09-07-2006, 09:24 AM
Well if you want to meet Japanese girls you need to hang out in the OC. Either HB, Laguna or Newport. Usually bars, beach and clubs that is where they are. There a many students at CSULB, as well as the Nikkei Club at CSULB. Also there is OCC who have a large International program. But they tend to like to hang out at bars with a more of a white crowd than anything. But there are still a handful who hang out at bars in Japanese Bars or small restaurants who specialize in traditional Japanese food and serve mainly only Japanese clients. There are a lot of these in Torrance, Gardena and Costa Mesa I think the main difference is that like how you say Korean Girls hang out at K Town and Korean Clubs right? I believe that they decide to travel outside the norm and hang out with others who are not all similar. They enjoy being in different and foreign atmospheres that are different than back home. So hanging in J Town all the time perhaps might be a little boring for them. Mainly though,the Japanese population isn't growing here in the US unlike many other Asian groups, but instead shrinking because there is a huge drop off in immigration to the US from Japan. Today its mostly Sansei Yonsei and Gosei Japanese who are so far removed from their culture or Hapa (mixed).

Eggy was a good example.

they call us eggs for being white on the outside and yellow on the inside.
I call asian's tweenkies because they are yellow on the outside and white on the inside ^^

either way i love asian girls its those eyes and tan skin. Im not about the whole JDM thing with the crooked ass teeth and what not. I only go for the exotic looking ones like my fiance`
wait wtf im engaged NOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh well i can still look and talk to the girls

Lancer EVO IX
09-07-2006, 09:30 AM

Eggy was a good example.

I call asian's tweenkies because they are yellow on the outside and white on the inside ^^

either way i love asian girls its those eyes and tan skin. Im not about the whole JDM thing with the crooked ass teeth and what not. I only go for the exotic looking ones like my fiance`
wait wtf im engaged NOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh well i can still look and talk to the girls

lol!Â* i never understood the crooked ass teeth thing either.Â* don't they have dentists in japan?Â* my dad would make a killing over there.Â* haha.Â* :2funny:

Terenus
09-07-2006, 10:46 AM

Eggy was a good example.

lol! i never understood the crooked ass teeth thing either. don't they have dentists in japan? my dad would make a killing over there. haha. :2funny:

HAHA, I'm sure they do have dentists but it's more about if they care or not.

Lancer EVO IX
09-07-2006, 10:48 AM
japanese are the british of asia i guess.Â* :?

XubIX
09-07-2006, 11:15 AM
dont get me wrong ide boink another jdm chick if i had the chance but i find jdm chicks arent as "kinky"

as lets say vietnamese or korean girls.

Lancer EVO IX
09-07-2006, 11:24 AM
dont get me wrong ide boink another jdm chick if i had the chance but i find jdm chicks arent as "kinky"

nope u got it all wrong. jdm girls are pretty damn wild in bed.....real wild.

XubIX
09-07-2006, 12:58 PM
take it from a white man who has boinked every asian race multiple times
I boinked so many i wound up engaged to one :)
Excluding Cambodian ( never been with a cambodian chick)

trinydex
09-07-2006, 05:42 PM
is marukai the place with the mochi?

Lancer EVO IX
09-08-2006, 08:53 AM
is marukai the place with the mochi?

they sell mochi there, as well as mitsuwa.

MR Dan
09-08-2006, 09:33 AM
back to the JDM chics.....I see a lot in the Hilton hotel(on hawt. across from Del amo mall) ...mostly cute flight attendants ..... plus theres a bar/lounge in that hotel..... :roll: ...I couldnt stop staring even though I there w/ my ex ;) :grin:

Lancer EVO IX
09-08-2006, 10:54 AM
back to the JDM chics.....I see a lot in the Hilton hotel(on hawt. across from Del amo mall) ...mostly cute flight attendants ..... plus theres a bar/lounge in that hotel..... :roll: ...I couldnt stop staring even though I there w/ my ex ;) :grin:

i actually heard it's pretty ez to score w/ those flight attendants at that hotel. u down to go drink there dan? hahah.

MR Dan
09-08-2006, 10:58 AM
lead the way! O0

manafest
09-08-2006, 11:04 AM
lead the way! O0

*whispers* i'm going with you guys too :-P

Lancer EVO IX
09-08-2006, 11:06 AM
evo meet at the torrance hilton ftw!

MR Dan
09-08-2006, 12:38 PM
lead the way! O0

*whispers* i'm going with you guys too :-P

mana, imma tell on ur wife if u dont buy me some rims!! haha

XubIX
09-08-2006, 12:52 PM
you dont mind if a white guy comes do you =) ill promise to share some of the jdm girls with you Muahah!!! :twisted:

trinydex
09-08-2006, 04:53 PM
HAHAHA that reminds me of that line in ff3, why can't you get a nice japanese girl like all the other white guys in japan??? hahahaha

XubIX
09-08-2006, 06:21 PM
HAHAHA that reminds me of that line in ff3, why can't you get a nice japanese girl like all the other white guys in japan??? hahahaha

ROFL....

NipponHamFighters
09-09-2006, 12:43 AM

HAHA I dont know about that one, but I can say from experience the above two and Taiwanese tend to require more money to be satisfied. I have to say that they are at the top of the chain when it comes to "Label Whoring" with clothes cars and everything material. Me Being a mutt I can see different sides of my family and definately cannot stand some of them and their petty materialistic competitions! I can never forget my girl cousins competing in front of my aunts and uncles comparing whose Boyfriend went to a better school; USC UCI Berkely etc... man its so sad!

wirespeed
09-09-2006, 01:00 AM

HAHA I dont know about that one, but I can say from experience the above two and Taiwanese tend to require more money to be satisfied. I have to say that they are at the top of the chain when it comes to "Label Whoring" with clothes cars and everything material. Me Being a mutt I can see different sides of my family and definately cannot stand some of them and their petty materialistic competitions! I can never forget my girl cousins competing in front of my aunts and uncles comparing whose Boyfriend went to a better school; USC UCI Berkely etc... man its so sad!

i dunno if that relates to the thread but i just read the last post. i see where u are comin from. my gf is exactly like that. however shes korean and not taiwanese. she always tries to compete about everything like she would be buyin all these lv, coach, and watever purses to show off, when she cant even pay for her own food. n she always compare stuff, like she would b do u think im prettier or *someone else* is prettier. i hate it when they do that.

Lancer EVO IX
09-09-2006, 11:04 AM

i dunno if that relates to the thread but i just read the last post. i see where u are comin from. my gf is exactly like that. however shes korean and not taiwanese. she always tries to compete about everything like she would be buyin all these lv, coach, and watever purses to show off, when she cant even pay for her own food. n she always compare stuff, like she would b do u think im prettier or *someone else* is prettier. i hate it when they do that.

that's korean girls for u.Â* ;) i'm korean so it's not racial statement.....just a fact. korean girls tend to be label whores and usually wouldn't be caught dead with someone who doesn't drive a bimmer, benz, or lexus.

trinydex
09-09-2006, 11:08 AM
da truth... i'm lucky, my korean girl wants to race cars now hahahha

gtkiller
09-09-2006, 11:10 AM
Man that would dope I'm down for a little tokyo meet :)

Lancer EVO IX
09-09-2006, 11:11 AM
da truth... i'm lucky, my korean girl wants to race cars now hahahha

ur a lucky man....rare find for korean girl. O0

trinydex
09-09-2006, 11:15 AM
rare find for any girl.... but yeah, korean chicks are pretty hott tho, they all kinda have that same look a lotta times same like... eye and facial structure.

DJ_STEPH
09-09-2006, 06:06 PM
man!!! im so down for that torrance hilton meet haha

evofosizzo
09-09-2006, 10:43 PM
I drive around little tokyo countless times a day and i barely see cute ones. The good ones are hidden or either your lack of asian jagimassagee made you blind. I work right around little dokyo.

trinydex
09-09-2006, 11:56 PM
HAHAHHAA lack of jagee massagee... oh man, i thot my room mates were the first to use that term but i guess tehy got it from someone else... freakin' korean girls... goin' around yellin' that the most hilarious thing i've ever seen.

evofosizzo
09-10-2006, 02:10 AM
thats the term to use at norcal for quick lovin, jageemassageemaneemanee..

MRevo9
10-11-2006, 12:16 PM
so whats going with this? is it going to happend or...

afro
10-11-2006, 06:04 PM

+1 on this. Ive dated a korean chick and they all are pretty much the label whores....... btw..... +1 for little tokyo meets

that's korean girls for u. ;) i'm korean so it's not racial statement.....just a fact. korean girls tend to be label whores and usually wouldn't be caught dead with someone who doesn't drive a bimmer, benz, or lexus.