PDA

View Full Version : What attracts the CHP?

OmegaEvo
09-04-2006, 11:53 AM
Ok, i have been reading a lot on how cops are always pulling you guys over. Just kinda wondering what color Evo's you drive (that have been pulled over). I have had mine since dec 2004 and its gg with limo tint all around and medium on the windshield. To this day i havent gotten pulled over. Just wanted to see if its maybe the color or what that they are attracted to.

EVOATEYOU
09-04-2006, 11:55 AM
the huge wing

thisxguy
09-04-2006, 11:56 AM
red attracts cops because you look "faster"...im guessing yellow would also because its bright

unit_121
09-04-2006, 12:07 PM
My Evo is black, I agree with the wing theory

MadEvo
09-04-2006, 12:26 PM
Big Wing, loug exhaust, and tinted front windows.

silvery_eagle
09-04-2006, 12:26 PM
assholes on the road attracts CHP

4g63evo05
09-04-2006, 12:33 PM
Electric blue evo. I agree with what everyone says. Also Blow off Valves the VTA. I got pulled over for that.

F**Kin POPO's :police:

DC_TypeR
09-04-2006, 12:38 PM
Ive got a WW one. I drive 36miles each way, to and from work, never been pulled over once in 8 months since ive had my evo

I got the "big wing" 3" Turbo back exhaust (stealth) with test pipe, and i've even had cops pull behind me while driving, and while stopped and they probably have ran my plates, but still, nada.

I think the biggest give-a-way is that big shiney tip/muffler a lot of you are sportting that get pulled over.
That is the #1 reason a cop will pull you over.
I've also heard that cops use this line "I heard you before I seen you" Â*
Meaning your exhaust is to loud.

A wing? what is it gonna do to your emissions? NOTHING, Just like the color of your car.
Sure the wing can be classified as a "street racer" and attracts attention, but the car from production comes with it?

I think the main point a lot of people on the board, and myself personally cannot stress enough, is the way you drive.

-Chris

Richard EVO
09-04-2006, 12:54 PM
CHP has been enforcing a new law in the CA Vehicle Code - no, not DUI, it's "DAE" - Driving An EVO. Talk about profiling. . .

gen4k20a2
09-04-2006, 12:56 PM
an evo attracts cops....

lagcisco
09-04-2006, 01:01 PM
dont drive like a fscking idiot, leave that ish for the track or some early morning canyon run

Gear Grinder
09-04-2006, 01:30 PM
Also Blow off Valves the VTA. I got pulled over for that.

Ha ha, I got pulled over for the guy in front of me being VTA. Cop pulled up to me and say's, " I'm going to pull him over, I'd like you to follow me."

Miss Evo8
09-04-2006, 01:37 PM
red attracts cops because you look "faster"...im guessing yellow would also because its bright

I have had my Evo for a 2 years and 5 months..... I have been pulled over once...and I got a ticket for no front plate...guess my Japanese one didn't count and speeding (which I got off on with a TBD! ) I think maybe its just asshat behavior on the road that gets peeps pulled over

wj4
09-04-2006, 01:44 PM
imo it depends on the officers

ngtcrawler97
09-04-2006, 01:48 PM
I agree with wj4 its all about the individual officer it self because we forget that they are still human beings like every single one of us. They have bad days, stress, financial problems etc. So sometimes you bump into an officer thats going to pick on you. But the EVO is a cop magnet regardless of what everyone says. Even if you never drive above the speed limit you can pick out an EVO a mile away.

JOOTZ
09-04-2006, 02:01 PM
like a couple guys posted before
it`s the EVO,really attracts attention,
notice small kids walking in front of it in crosswalks at groceries???
imagine popo`s,they car guy`s too,pull you over to see what you got and -bamm,ticket.
just try to be on the safe side always,keep it under the radar.

IXMREVO
09-04-2006, 02:29 PM
I think its just because its a nice car and easy to justify pulling it over. I've been pulled over in every car I've ever owned too many times and its always been a bs reason for it.

09-04-2006, 03:51 PM
Since August 2005, I have only been pulled over once for "loud exhaust" and that was in Rowland Heights/Industry. To this day, I don't drive in that area with my car.

DaRkStArVIII
09-04-2006, 04:00 PM
It's the obnoxious thunder cock wing Damn it. I like'em but see no purpose in drawing additional attention so I opted for the low lancer wing. I've only beenpulled over once & that was in Irvine.
TBE & no tint.

DaRkStArVIII
09-04-2006, 04:04 PM
It's funny because unless you know what a evo looks like you'll probably be prone to make an ass of yourself by saying" is that just a Lancer" or are "You doing a conversion"< say both of these ina Napoleon Dynamite voice. I've even get EVO heads who did not know that the "look at me wee wing "was optional in 03'.

OmegaEvo
09-04-2006, 04:48 PM
know what, true, u say exhaust, bov, wing, i have stock wing, hks bov, but i have an aps exhaust, looks completley stock, until im on wot, but i guess im just lucky, (knock on wood). hope i dont get pulled over today going to mo val

EvoPwr
09-04-2006, 05:13 PM
It's the obnoxious thunder cock wing Damn it. I like'em but see no purpose in drawing additional attention so I opted for the low lancer wing. I've only beenpulled over once & that was in Irvine.
TBE & no tint.

Its really not, I have the "obnoxious thunder cock wing" and have had it over a year and a half. I have never been pulled over and I am pretty modified (also do not run a fornt plate). Cops have driven past me, behind me, next to me and in front of me. I drove the speed limit, didn't act like an ass, or act like many of the dumbfucks on this board that are always complaing. Quit being little bitches and making excuses for your bad driving habits. Most of you are all full of shit about the situation that happened and don't tell the full story. Believe me, I am no big fan of cops, but they have a right to pull over 99% of you, even though you were "doing nothing wrong". You complain about getting a ticket for no front plate, tinted windows, you aftermarket exhaust, speeding, so on and so on. All of that is illegal and they can pull you over if they feel like it. Get over it, or get a Kia.

So, to answer the question the DRIVER'S ACTIONS, is what attracts the CHP.

ryan78
09-04-2006, 09:26 PM
i guess these are the things we have to accept as a consequence of owning and driving our evos. cops are always on the lookout for whatever aftermarket parts we have on our cars, driving styles on the road and different sounds that our cars emit from a distance. so let's just be safe on the road all the time, and obey speed limits everywhere

SoCal
09-04-2006, 09:55 PM
I think stupidity attracts CHP....because every time I have been pulled over it's been for exactly what they said it was for.. :mitsu:

Black_Evo
09-04-2006, 09:57 PM
I have only been pulled over once while I was living in Oregon for "No front plate" which I fixed. I had my wife and kids in the car and wasn't driving like a moron. In fact I was at a stop light making a right hand turn. Personally I think is was my wing. It does attract attention. Cops are looking for large/shiny exhausts, large wings, stickers and window tint. The biggest way to avoid being profiled is keep it on the down low. Most of all, as previously stated, don't drive like a fekking idyut!!! Â*

In the last couple of years I have seen more and more evo drivers out on the roads (I travel a lot to LA/Central Valley). More often than not they are speeding and weaving in and out of traffic. Behavior typical of the "Ricer Nation". This kind of driving is getting you profiled.

So, if you are one of these people, knock it the F*K off, and save us all the headaches.

ap-evo83
09-04-2006, 10:33 PM
yellow evo here, got pulled over once at LAX for no frontplate thats it, but i have been followed by cops/chp numerous times.

909Evo
09-05-2006, 08:27 PM
Its really not, I have the "obnoxious thunder cock wing" and have had it over a year and a half. I have never been pulled over and I am pretty modified (also do not run a fornt plate). Cops have driven past me, behind me, next to me and in front of me. I drove the speed limit, didn't act like an ass, or act like many of the dumbfucks on this board that are always complaing. Quit being little bitches and making excuses for your bad driving habits. Most of you are all full of shit about the situation that happened and don't tell the full story. Believe me, I am no big fan of cops, but they have a right to pull over 99% of you, even though you were "doing nothing wrong". You complain about getting a ticket for no front plate, tinted windows, you aftermarket exhaust, speeding, so on and so on. All of that is illegal and they can pull you over if they feel like it. Get over it, or get a Kia.

So, to answer the question the DRIVER'S ACTIONS, is what attracts the CHP.

O0

Someone figured it out.

:werd:

gofaster87
09-05-2006, 10:20 PM
Cant believe you guys havent been pulled over for the way the car looks, I have been pulled over for no reason in some of my other cars. Driving habits and actions are not the only things that attract cops. Funny thing is Ive never been pulled over in my evo; my supra , rx7 and mustang were another story.

tasco
09-05-2006, 11:59 PM
Ive been pulled over twice by the same cop in glendale. Both times I was stopped at a red light, he either busted a U to get behind me or waited for me to pass him. My car is COMPLETELY stock, no B.S. . Both Times I got off with no ticket (since I didnt do anything wrong).

evilrs
09-06-2006, 12:20 AM
wingless is the way to go.. I'm stealth

evilrs
09-06-2006, 12:51 AM
I've never been pulled over

Evo8supercar
09-06-2006, 01:08 AM
Red color, pulled over for FLP AND Popped the hood given emissions ticket.

I also herd that no wing is worst, they thing going stealth you are hiding stuff.

I going to put a bad ass wing from VOLTEX and try to be bold and intiminate the cops, I will tell them got the wing at PEPBOYS $24.99 on sale.

Put a big LANCER emblem on the trunk and some kind of law school licence plate or better the 911 foundation plates pricey but effective.

nlakind
09-06-2006, 01:08 AM
imo it depends on the officers

I agree 110%!!! I've only gotten fix it tickets(on my old VIII) for no front license plate, no rear license plate, & my tint...No speeding tickets on it tho...But I honestly think it's all about the officer, if he's in a bad mood that day cuz his wife's been cheating on him or just a dick cop who used to get picked on in high school & now has someyhing to prove you're pretty much Fu*ked...

evobong
09-06-2006, 12:36 PM
Red color, pulled over for FLP AND Popped the hood given emissions ticket.

I also herd that no wing is worst, they thing going stealth you are hiding stuff.

I going to put a bad ass wing from VOLTEX and try to be bold and intiminate the cops, I will tell them got the wing at PEPBOYS $24.99 on sale.

Put a big LANCER emblem on the trunk and some kind of law school licence plate or better the 911 foundation plates pricey but effective.

I guest the Veterans license plate help... Cause I alway drive by and park my car next to West Covina PD parking lot and they never hazzle me at all. One time a WCPD squad car blocking my car and he so me getting in to my car. He backup his squad car so I can get out of the parking lot, and I wave and say thanks to him and he wave back and say no problem.

05WickedWhitey
09-06-2006, 02:47 PM
I have only been pulled over once , I think the srt I was driving with caught his attention though..(exhaust ticket) I dont drive around like a madman so I think that helps , I also have very dark window tint and dont get hassled , I think it all how you drive..But If you remove you're front plate you should expect to get pulled over ..IMO

DaRkStArVIII
09-06-2006, 05:49 PM
Drivers Actions do attract attention true. However how do you explain being stopped while being well within in the speed limit, while the rest of traffic approach NASCAR like speeds. Oh I know the answerr to this it's because of the Evo owners who drive crazy.
Whatever! I guess that makes it ok with some of you.

[p]dOG.
09-06-2006, 05:50 PM
Ok, i have been reading a lot on how cops are always pulling you guys over. Just kinda wondering what color Evo's you drive (that have been pulled over). I have had mine since dec 2004 and its gg with limo tint all around and medium on the windshield. To this day i havent gotten pulled over. Just wanted to see if its maybe the color or what that they are attracted to.

mexicans in evos after 10:00 pm.

theycallmebruce
09-07-2006, 11:34 AM
I've only been pulled over once and it's because i was driving like an ass. I was lucky enough not to get a ticket. Ever since then i have been behaving since i doubt i will ever be that lucky again. I have tint, exhaust and just installed my BOV so now i will be extra cautious.

JDMevoracer
09-26-2006, 02:45 PM
Cops are always profiling and the monthly quota as well.

EVOMANIAC
09-26-2006, 02:54 PM
CHP pulled me over in a residential area today. He said it was because of my tint. Didnt mention the missing front plate or say anything else. I was on my way home and was wearing my uniform. I dont think he was expecting to see a Chief driving the car. He suggested I remove my tint. The car is registered in TX and is legal in TX. So he really cant do anything to me.

Barfly
09-26-2006, 03:14 PM
A 4 lane change at 120mph might.

AWDTURBO
09-26-2006, 05:52 PM
loud exhuast, front window tint, front license plate, and driving like a dumbass

gen4k20a2
09-27-2006, 10:24 AM
i heard from a buddy of mine that isa cop that teh quota is fake in a certain sense. He said that there is a unwritten competition cause where they turn in the tickets they stack up for the week or month and its all about whose stack is higher.

JDMevoracer
09-27-2006, 12:05 PM
It's the color, mods done to the car, but most of all is WHO IS DRIVING. Cops are profiling bitches.

MRevo9
09-27-2006, 01:04 PM
mine is gg and i have been pulled over twice for stupid shit, its the wing! but i love it

j_nizzle
09-27-2006, 01:56 PM
Cops are always profiling and the monthly quota as well.

dont you hate it when someone has nothing valuable to say, then they repeat what someone already said for the sake of uping their post count to sell stuff?!?!

hey buddy, send me a pm of all the stuff you're selling and i'll help you sell it. i'll also have to take a cut because my postcount allows me to sell your stuff and i've worked hard for it.

fusionchicken
09-27-2006, 10:34 PM
i have never been pulled over once by a cop....and my last integra had a pretty loud exhaust, and my last mr2 turbo had exhausts with pretty big tips and an HKS SSQV. my Evo now is wingless not to avoid cops (though it's an added bonus) but to avoid ricers who want to prove somethin to me.

i think luck has a lot to do with it, but most of all it's how u drive, and how many illegal things u have on ur car (no front plate, loud exhaust, catless smell, tint, etc)

OmegaEvo
09-27-2006, 10:36 PM
yeah, its true, luck. My buddy got his evo, had it for about 4 days, and got pulled over for modded exhaust, and tinted widows. Cop left him off with a warning. Good thing, his evo's insurance already 200 a month :2funny: that would of sucked.

k2da_izo
09-28-2006, 12:45 PM
What attracts them is my shaved-to-the-skin head and goatee driving in and around Newport Beach. Yes, CHP is still around there. Oh yeah...wing doesn't help either.

nine
09-28-2006, 12:48 PM
Just ride with no wing don't clean your evo and make up some BS that your suffering from serve depression & financial ruins make em feel guilty & dirty, worked for me twice in a row. When there done end it with a God Bless you. :crazy2:

j_nizzle
09-28-2006, 01:06 PM
What attracts them is my shaved-to-the-skin head and goatee driving in and around Newport Beach. Yes, CHP is still around there. Oh yeah...wing doesn't help either.

dude, most importantly...you're asian!

what up karl!

k2da_izo
09-28-2006, 01:44 PM

dude, most importantly...you're asian!

what up karl!

LOL!! Sup, John!

j_nizzle
09-28-2006, 01:48 PM
Just ride with no wing don't clean your evo and make up some BS that your suffering from serve depression & financial ruins make em feel guilty & dirty, worked for me twice in a row. When there done end it with a God Bless you.

^^^ that's fkn awesome!!!

AlexEvo
09-29-2006, 02:00 AM
i used to drive a blue wrx wagon catless with the blitz nur-spec R exhaust and go figure, i got pulled over. coincidently i also had a yellow civic hatchback with a gsr swap and was too cheap to even get a muffler shop exhaust so i drove it on open header and never got pulled over. have a lexus gs430 as well pretty loud exhaust and limo tint all around(except windshield), pulled over once by 2 female CHiPs about 150 miles from my house, let off with a "go get the tint removed, if we catch you here again with the tint its a ticket" and me thinking "yeah what are the odds you'll catch me 150 miles from my house in this car and it'll be you two cops again". so i left and ive been back there many times but never ran into them. anyway, now have the evo, drive sensibly, never been pulled over ::knock on wood::. the 1 time i got pulled over in the wrx was because i was hauling ass trying to get onto the freeway before i got stuck behind an 18 wheeler. the other (read up) the tint which i think was bs they were just 2 bored cops and needed something to put in their report to take up line space. anyway i agree with earlier, i think its mostly the way you drive although occasionally you'll catch a cop in a bad mood who just wants to take out his frustration on someone else by f'cking with them. thats my $.02

kimletrim
10-03-2006, 10:59 PM
So who's watching the NBC news right now waiting to see what the CHP looks for. It's coming up next.

thisxguy
10-03-2006, 11:00 PM
let us know what they look for O0

thisxguy
10-03-2006, 11:07 PM
i just watched it.

a chp airplane paces you and then they radio in chp ground units to get you. using that way they can ticket more than one car at the same time (they're limited to the number of chp ground units that are in the area)

afro
10-12-2006, 04:01 PM
Driving any import other than european is a target for CHP !

909evoate909
10-15-2006, 04:01 PM
Driving any import other than european is a target for CHP !

... lol... Especially with a BIG WING ON THE BACK THAT FLAGS THEM ALL DOWN AND SAYS " yes yes.... pull me over"

endlessCT9Amr
11-23-2006, 12:18 AM
I had my old 240 with an SR swap, exhaust, BOV, kit, etc, but NEVER got pulled over. It's all about the driver. On another note, it seems like people are more apt to get pulled over in the burbs than in the city. I live in downtown LA and cops dont even look twice. I'm also running a KMA LAPD plate frame. That might help ;)

J2theEss
12-13-2006, 12:13 AM
I think that the main reason cops pull over EVOS is if the driver looks young and G'd out. :twisted: EXAMPLES: Hats, Visors, Hooded sweater, or even sweat bands. But of course, you gotta know when to drive your evo at the right time and speed. You can't be driving crazy and swirving lanes :tickedoff:....it just catches all the other driver's attention, and you never know if a cop might be around too. Also for MODS: lowered and tinted windows...and I don't think that HUGE wings do anything, cause by now, cops should know that those wings are starting to come out on most cars......STI , Celica, Evo, RSX etc.