PDA

View Full Version : moving to SD...?

*chris*
09-07-2006, 01:48 PM
im just a little curious as to how SD is compared to LA. i know people talk alot about being pulled over in LA all the time, but i never had a problem with the emissions crap.

also, i kind of find LA to be a little crazy ...is SD a little more laid back? or are the majority uptight and conceited as well? lol

TeKiZeRo
09-07-2006, 01:51 PM
Depends in what part your are in SD. There are some parts that can get as crazy as LA, but for the majority of places I've been to, its been pretty laid back.

Nerologic
09-07-2006, 01:53 PM
SD now is what LA was 10 years ago...

but like Tek said, it depends where u are moving to. Miramesa area and downtown san diego area you will get pulled over like crazy. But other then those 2 hot spots u dont have to worry about anything unless you are driving a lowered honda...

[D.I.]evolution
09-07-2006, 01:54 PM
which part of san diego? southside and east sd are ghetto delmar is expensive. mira mesa where i live and a few other members here on the boards seem to like it. chula vista is pretty alright in some places. national city is the ghetto.

national city and mira mesa are full of filipinos i would say like 75% asians hahaha and like 50% of asians are filipino its pretty crazy.

atmoshpere wise yes its very laid back compared to traffic hell l.a. plus our beaches are better and our ladies or hotter. Â*O0 :grin:

*chris*
09-07-2006, 02:00 PM
if it happens ...id prolly be in the chula vista or la mesa area. as close to the beach as possible was my idea as my time in ventura has been less than a block from the ocean.

yah i figured downtown SD would be a hot zone for our cars ...just wasnt sure about the rest.

TeKiZeRo
09-07-2006, 04:54 PM
Yeah, the southern parts of SD are hot zones, but the more north you get, it doesn't get so bad.

*chris*
09-07-2006, 05:20 PM
so chula vista would be iffy about cops then huh ....hmmm well i guess ill have to see how things work out.

*chris*
09-11-2006, 07:34 AM
hey just curious if anyone hear knows ....whats the wakeboarding like down there?

pog0
09-11-2006, 08:29 AM
Depending on the area of CV it isnt too bad. I get pulled over more in Spring Valley from CHPs than I do in CV for anything.

EVOMANIAC
09-11-2006, 08:36 AM
I live in Chula Vista, East Lake to be exact and I have never been pulled over.

*chris*
09-11-2006, 08:39 AM
hmm cool ...im not overly worried about it. just kinda one of those curious moments.

kimletrim
09-11-2006, 08:47 AM
chris...you gotta remind people where you are coming from! LA or SD would be crazy compared to Iowa. But San Diego is a nice place with a different atmosphere, but you gotta remember its still a big city so craziness can be found just about anywhere.

kimletrim
09-11-2006, 08:48 AM
Or did SD mean South Dakota!? LOL

*chris*
09-11-2006, 09:54 AM
san diego khiem ...cmon LOL. and besides, after my few months in socal ...im ready to go back. iowa is so damn boring compared to out there.

MGR
12-13-2006, 02:41 PM
Its all going down hill, man. Lived in Encinitas for last 12 years. Its still mello and all but we get INVADED in the summer. Forget parking as well. Little bitter and spoiled but i think its happening everywere in socal. Everyone wants a piece. I thing there should be some kind of tax break if you are a Cali. native!! Who's with me?Anybody care?

MGR
12-13-2006, 02:43 PM
Maybe I should use spell check. I think there should be a tax break not thing...Geez