PDA

View Full Version : STi boys???

genrec
09-07-2006, 10:10 PM
Whats up boys!! I'm getting the itch again for some speed. The truck is cool...but you all know it's SLOW. Anyway...I'm thinking of trying out the 06 STi....the frontend grew on me...I just need somebody to kick me in the ass one way or the other. And sorry another Evo is not an option for me!

evilrs
09-07-2006, 10:11 PM
why can' t you get an evo?

Terenus
I think you should wait for 2008! And why is the Evo not an option?

speedracer2169
because STI are a pain in the ass to work on. Ask someone who has one and tried to change their spark plugs. Supercharge your truck and put some 35" rubber and lift the shit out of it and you'll be part of the bros club lol

genrec
09-07-2006, 10:26 PM
BAH!

I dont wana nother evo..I had that car last time before my truck...don't do the same car back to back to back!

C-Spec
09-07-2006, 10:29 PM
get an AUDI RS4
http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/09/audirs405_01.jpg
http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/09/audirs405_inter2.jpg
http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/09/audirs405_inter.jpg
http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/09/audirs405_engine.jpg

evilrs
09-07-2006, 10:30 PM
have you driven many STI's? Â*I'm not impressed with the performance when you compare it to an evo. Â*but don't get me wrong, the sti is a great car. Â*I like the lack of the turbo lag I have on my evo.

speedracer2169
09-07-2006, 10:31 PM
get an AUDI RS4
http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/09/audirs405_01.jpg
http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/09/audirs405_inter2.jpg
http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/09/audirs405_inter.jpg
http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/09/audirs405_engine.jpg

+1 and i might be able to get you one at MSRP too lol. Seriously I might be able to. What about a Porsche Caymen S

rino
09-07-2006, 10:40 PM
get the STI!!!

don't come back here!!!

cky_bam_marg
09-07-2006, 10:49 PM
get the STI!!!

don't come back here!!!

naw dont say that pappy, he's just foolin right......he didnt mean them horrible words now did ya? please just tell him ur foolin right????..........right. :-(

genrec
09-07-2006, 10:56 PM
RS4..naw..too much $$ for me..and i dont do Euro's....

I'll just hang over at Nasioc...LOL

rino
09-07-2006, 11:11 PM
i'm just kidding.

i remember you had a really nice evo. i don't know how someone has the heart to take apart such a nice car..

but if you have money to throw around, why the fuck not.. GL with whatever you decide..

speedracer2169
09-07-2006, 11:12 PM
RS4..naw..too much $$ for me..and i dont do Euro's....

I'll just hang over at Nasioc...LOL

get a ralliart lol

silex
09-10-2006, 09:31 AM
You get an STI, you prolly shouldn't come back we don't want you spreadin' that around.

gen4k20a2
09-10-2006, 09:39 AM
YA GET THE F OUT....we dont want your Sexually Transmitted Infectious ass here NO MO!

EVO FTW!!!!

jk....but my buddy that has a 06 STI now wishes he got an EVO. (and of course i rub it in his face all day long)

gofaster87
09-10-2006, 11:36 AM
Go get a chevy aveo and go hang out with those fags.

genrec
09-10-2006, 12:02 PM

That was my second choice behind the Suby.

j_nizzle
09-10-2006, 05:34 PM

That was my second choice behind the Suby.

lol honda fit FTW...get spoon everything.

Gear Grinder
09-10-2006, 06:22 PM
genrec, if you get a Subaru, you'll be trading it in for an Evolution in a couple of months. Trust me on this one :uglystupid2:

In any case if you like this body style, you should get it now be for it changes to the ghey X. The Subaru won't change much over the next few years, so you wont miss anything, and you could always trade in for it later if you want.

D

Racing Chick
09-10-2006, 06:33 PM
I got an 06 STi and I love it.

Chris in SD
09-10-2006, 06:37 PM
Get a Legacy Spec B and make it sneaky fast...

sidewaysevo
09-10-2006, 07:17 PM
Look into the Sti limited addition. Looks pretty nice.

genrec
09-10-2006, 08:28 PM
Look into the Sti limited addition. Looks pretty nice.

peeped it...leather, heated seats, and a sunroof, not my thing........

i'll decide soon!

Racing Chick, didnt you have an Evo too???

Racing Chick
09-10-2006, 09:02 PM
Yeah I used to have an Evo too. Now I have an STi and my hubby has an 06 Evo MR

IXMREVO
09-10-2006, 10:06 PM
genrec, if you get a Subaru, you'll be trading it in for an Evolution in a couple of months. Trust me on this one :uglystupid2:

In any case if you like this body style, you should get it now be for it changes to the ghey X. The Subaru won't change much over the next few years, so you wont miss anything, and you could always trade in for it later if you want.

D

Subaru changes there body style almost every year the only thing that sucks about STI's is how many there are and the interior but the limited addition takes care of most of that.

Gear Grinder
09-11-2006, 05:36 AM

D

Subaru changes there body style almost every year the only thing that sucks about STI's is how many there are and the interior but the limited addition takes care of most of that.
I'm not talking about small changes. The X is going to be a completely different car ( not following the tradition of the Japanese super sleeper). The STI will remain some what as is for the next few years.

genrec
09-11-2006, 07:33 AM

D

I'm not talking about small changes. The X is going to be a completely different car ( not following the tradition of the Japanese super sleeper). The STI will remain some what as is for the next few years.

07 STi...are the last as well like the Evo...by 08 you will see a new STi..and all indicators point to it being a hatchback now.

Evolution.VIII
09-11-2006, 10:32 AM
Genrec, I thought you had an STi and traded it for an Evo because of the huge seats and weak wing.

When did you get rid of your Evo?

genrec
09-11-2006, 10:37 AM
Genrec, I thought you had an STi and traded it for an Evo because of the huge seats and weak wing.

When did you get rid of your Evo?

Yah..i had an 05 STi...got rid of it..got a Tundra, missed speed, got an EVO, got rid of that in january, now i miss speed again! LOL

Evolution.VIII
09-11-2006, 10:54 AM
The special edition STi looks to have nicer seats and looks more low profile than an Evo. What do you think of the Evo X?

ErroR
09-15-2006, 04:18 PM
Don't spread the STI disease bald man. Get an Evo or leave forever.

J/K

ultrawifey
09-16-2006, 10:01 AM
^ he's not really kidding

hksevo8
09-16-2006, 01:27 PM
Welcome back to the boards Jeff. I think you should get the STI. Nice car.

genrec
09-16-2006, 09:01 PM
ehh..i decided to keep the truck..im already over the sti...i already ordered a bunch audio equipment for the truck..gonna build a sweet system and chill.....i decided to wait a whopping 12 months and see all the new 2008 sti's and evo's..then i will jump back in.

peace!

Chris in SD
09-16-2006, 09:04 PM
Whew... I thought you were going to resume back-licking... LOL

genrec
09-16-2006, 09:16 PM
Whew... I thought you were going to resume back-licking... LOL

Resume?? I never stopped...bring it on!

AlexEvo
09-19-2006, 01:04 AM
i used to own an 04 sti and im DEFINITELY glad i bought an evo. we're on an evo site so i can gripe about the sti all i want. 1st. the seats absolutely blow. unless you manage to get a set of front/rear JDM sti seats AND door panels to match which will set you back over 2 grand then you'd have a decent set. the leather recaros in my evo are by far some of the best seats ive ever had the pleasure of putting my butt in. also i love the fact that the evo is so much more responsive(, got tired of mashing the throttle on the sti and looking at my sundial to see when the boost would get there), and genius subaru figured people would rally bone stock sti's so they integrated a long travel suspension, meanwhile mitsu figured people wouldnt rally a bone stock evo(smart on mitsus part) and so the sti suspension actually feels to me quite floaty compared to the evo. love the evo's CF rear wing. and up until brand new 06 stis you couldnt get projector HIDs on the sti only HID, projectors werent even available on JDM headlights(only bugeye wrx's and current 06 STIs). i got tired of having to remove the top mount intercooler to do anything related to the intake, turbo, etc. the spark plugs are a pain in the butt for as often as i changed them, the up pipe dont even get me started on changing that, i could put a new turbo in an evo faster than someone could get the up pipe OUT of the sti. not to mention the STi is a porky little F'er. there is no real leather option on the sti, the sound system isnt all that great, etc. ill think of more things i didnt like. anyway the suby felt too much like it was supposed to be geared towards a family man that likes spirited driving whereas the evo is geared towards the spirited driver that may have a family. thats my $.02

TWRX
09-19-2006, 02:02 AM
I wouldnt completely rule out the possibility of the STi, im no evo expert, but the STi does hold its ground. I had the opportunity to rallyX a lightly modded STi and it handled like a champ. The diffs and 6 speed tranny are what i was most impressed about, the 1-3 gear ratio's are perfect for utilizing low end 2.5 ltr torque through long hairpins, with the help of torque split from 50-50 to 40-60. Maybe its because i havent raced an evo, but i still think the STi can compete. Wasnt there a recent fast lap time recorded on big willow with a Street modded STi???

Dmoney
09-19-2006, 08:08 AM
Jeff we need to see your bald head again make it out sometime!

AlexEvo
09-19-2006, 09:23 PM
twrx im not ruling it out at all, like i said on a rally course stock for stock i think the STi would win, its designed more to be a capable stock form rally car than the evo is. but it did feel like it drove bigger than it looks when compared to the evo. either way any of us are lucky to have either one. some people have to make do with a lot less.

genrec
09-20-2006, 05:30 AM
^^^ :idiot2: ^^^

SpdyEvo02
09-20-2006, 09:27 AM
Jeff get an sti or evo just come to a meet again

genrec
09-20-2006, 08:53 PM
Jeff get an sti or evo just come to a meet again

I'm gonna come, but in my truck, i still actually like it!

Racing Chick
09-20-2006, 09:34 PM
Why don't you keep your truck and get an STi or Evo?