PDA

View Full Version : Run In With The CHP Today

Mike W
09-08-2006, 04:28 PM
I live on a big hill and trucks regularly blow the light in front of the house coming down the hill. A cement truck overturned on the front lawn once when it lost it's brakes. Today a trash truck coming down the hill with it's brakes on fire blew the light while laying on it's horn to make it ok. :-o Almost took out a SUV in the intersection.

So I ran down the brakeless clapped out trash truck and wrote down all it's info. I called the company :tickedoff: and they were quite flippant. So I went to the CHP office :knuppel2: to get some justice. Told my story, they pull up the company info and looks like they are rip for a nice inspection for all 40 of their trucks :-) Chippy at the front desk tells me where the trash truck company is located in Whittier, thanks me for my good citizen ship, and asks me if my shop is in Santa Fe Springs...

[crickets]

[thinks to my self how does he come up with Santa Fe Springs?]

[more crickets]

THE ROAD RACE SHIRT!!! AHHHHHHH!!! EVERYONE PANIC! MOFO knows I am one of _them_ cause of the RRE shirt!

He says "You used to be in Los Alamitos, right?"

Calm now, all calm. "Ummm, yeah that is us"

He says "Yeah I have a this year that with a that year turbo motor swapped in and do you have intercooler piping bends in 45 degrees and couplings because my I/C fits like here and the throttle body is over there and my Microtech Controler let me do this..."

He's one of us in a CHP uniform O0

They dont all suck, :police: just the sucky ones suck. When he comes in he is getting a discount.

Mike W

j_nizzle
09-08-2006, 04:31 PM
CHP is awesome compared to the random city cops you see...never had a problem with them!

gofaster87
09-08-2006, 04:32 PM
Haha, that is great.

Macky
09-08-2006, 04:32 PM
good "find" O0

thisxguy
09-08-2006, 04:34 PM
nice. Â*there are good/chill cops. Â*but i'd have to say that most of them hate us

Skiracer
09-08-2006, 05:23 PM
He's a good cop cuz he's stuck doing desk duty while the anal ones are on the roadÂ* Â*:tickedoff:

By the way, do you sell any RRE shirts?

BMan
09-08-2006, 06:48 PM
nice. there are good/chill cops. but i'd have to say that most of them hate us

Their bosses love us and tell them to seek us out. Car mods=disposable income=more ticket income.

Chris in SD
09-08-2006, 08:32 PM
Things will improve as younger guys get hired. The ones that hate us are the 40+ guys that still ride motors...

The mid-20s, early 30s guys are like us and appreciate cars like the Evo. You'll still run into a few dicks, but just play nice and you'll be surprised how often you are free to go.

Now in VA, it's a "whole 'nother story, boy"... Even little kids are brought up to hate "rice" cars and love NECK-CAR.

*chris*
09-09-2006, 10:21 AM
hahaha thats classic ...i figured it was gonna be a 'no-so-good' story

909Evo
09-10-2006, 12:23 AM
When he comes in he is getting a discount.

Mike W

Someone say discount?

mxwrench
09-12-2006, 02:41 PM
Alot of those chippy's and LAPD have heavily modded sand rails using turbocharged ricer engines. This could also be his motivation. I have helped lots of LAPD cops with their Glamis equipment!