PDA

View Full Version : SD EVO MEET AT FRYS AT 7PM ON FRIDAY

SKILMATIC
09-11-2006, 02:38 PM
Thats right another great evo meet coming up. Wehad a great turn out last time. About 12 showed up. But I know we can do even better. I will be there once again. I already have about 5 others showing up. So get your butts up and do somehting with your life and go to a evo meet.

Chris in SD
09-11-2006, 02:50 PM
Is anyone going to be at Fusion on Tuesday? I am hoping to see my SD Evo peeps again...

For you n00bs, I am old-school - I moved to VA a year ago.

alan678
09-11-2006, 02:53 PM
I'll be there with about 2-3 other Evos with me...

About Fusion...i go once in a while...but the Junkies have alot more Subies than they do Evos...i think thats what spawned these Evo meets...

SKILMATIC
09-11-2006, 02:54 PM
nope not me. Â*Fusion meets are not evo meets and there is a bunch of diff cars there. Â*barely any evos. Â*

However, if you want to see evos come this friday.

[D.I.]evolution
09-11-2006, 03:05 PM
hey man ill be at fusion and i'll probably go to the meet on friday too.

are you guys going to the q afterwards???

alan678
09-11-2006, 03:09 PM
Oh yeah...meet at Fry's and head to the Q just like last week...

SKILMATIC
09-11-2006, 03:09 PM
yep you got it.

Dagul
09-11-2006, 03:11 PM
evolution ]
hey man ill be at fusion and i'll probably go to the meet on friday too.

are you guys going to the q afterwards???

I thought you were trying to save what's left of your clutch? :2funny:

[D.I.]evolution
09-11-2006, 03:30 PM
meet and greet O0 no racing for a while.... you going to go dagul???

Dagul
09-11-2006, 03:34 PM
Depends... I broke a couple mounting points on my lip when I hit a dip on the way to the airport.... The zero lift lip caught the dip and yanked my whole lip... I even scraped the undertray, but not the lip itself... If I can get it fixed before then I'll probably go. If not, you know where I'll be... I don't wanna show up all brokeback... :grin:

[D.I.]evolution
09-11-2006, 03:42 PM
zero lift pshhh just get a beatrush or carbing undertray :grin: O0 oh and lip wise dude ive done worst my lip itself is scrapped stop being a pussy and just gun those dips :2funny:

Ion619
09-11-2006, 03:51 PM
I'll be there to meet you guys.. YOu guys plan to go to the Q after the meet?

Dagul
09-11-2006, 03:54 PM
evolution ]
zero lift pshhh just get a beatrush or carbing undertray :grin: O0 oh and lip wise dude ive done worst my lip itself is scrapped stop being a pussy and just gun those dips :2funny:

The lip hangs down on the passenger side after I plowed through that dip... I had to hammer the metal strips back in place on the zero lift portion... But I still have to pull the whole tray off and fix the mounting points of the lip itself... I dont think you've done worse than I have...

[D.I.]evolution
09-11-2006, 03:59 PM
ouch.... one word for you PWNED!!!

thinking about it i dont want to drive my evo i just cleaned it.... -_-

Dagul
09-11-2006, 04:06 PM
evolution ]
ouch.... one word for you PWNED!!!

thinking about it i dont want to drive my evo i just cleaned it.... -_-

It's not that bad... it's fixable... I'd have to drill a couple holes in the side of the lip and rivet the mounting tab back on... I could also do the same for the driver's side tab to make it look even... Or waste money on another lip...

I could also try epoxy, but I doubt it'll hold the next time I scrape that stupid zero lift piece...

SDevo
09-11-2006, 05:46 PM
I'll be there to meet you guys.. YOu guys plan to go to the Q after the meet?

Most of them are going to the Q afterwards, anyway il be there this friday agian, will be driving with my new invidia TP, no more helix HFC :)

1lOvEbOOst
09-11-2006, 06:32 PM
i'll be there, and i'll try to get a couple more evo's to go with me O0

SDevo
09-11-2006, 07:42 PM
sick seem like this time there wil be atleast 15, hopefuly 20 :)

knuxevolution
09-11-2006, 08:22 PM
which frys? and is "the Q" qualcomm?

[D.I.]evolution
09-11-2006, 08:24 PM
frys off of aerodrive on the 15 south and yes the q is qualcomm stadium

SKILMATIC
09-12-2006, 02:54 AM
Yep this one will be even a bigger turn out. Again we are meeting at 7pm at frys off of aero dr. Then we are headinf off to qualcomm.

SKILMATIC
09-13-2006, 08:52 PM
Just got word that ryan from rnr will be there. He is also bringing parts too I beleive at major discounted prices.

alan678
09-14-2006, 02:09 AM
Bump...lets get some more enthusiast to show...These meets can only happen with support from the Evo community...

Dagul
09-14-2006, 08:28 AM
As divided as the SD heads are, finding that support is the problem... :2funny:

SKILMATIC
09-14-2006, 01:41 PM
^Why do you say they are devided? Last meet we had it was amazingly good. We all had a great time getting to know one another. Please state your point in more detail please.

Dagul
09-14-2006, 02:42 PM
^Why do you say they are devided? Last meet we had it was amazingly good. We all had a great time getting to know one another. Please state your point in more detail please.

Don't act like you don't know... Your meet at the go-kart place in Miramar a few months back was "less than desired" wasn't it? How many people RSVP and didn't show up?

How many EVOs do you pass by that clearly see you but don't say what's up or acknowledge you when you try to say what's up to them? I run into a couple each week... You can't tell me that's nolt divided... Not everyone in SD who drive's an EVO participate on this forum if any... And not every EVO owner you meet can be called sociable...

12 out of at least a 100 EVOs in SD I guess can be called "amazing" by San Diego's standards... :2funny:

alan678
09-14-2006, 03:08 PM
well we got this going on in EvoM and AWjunkies as well....we are tapping all the sources to try to bring the evo community together...if possible...seems people like you is the reason it is so "divided"...

Dagul
09-14-2006, 04:09 PM
well we got this going on in EvoM and AWjunkies as well....we are tapping all the sources to try to bring the evo community together...if possible...seems people like you is the reason it is so "divided"...

And what brings you to that conclusion?

Is it my seemingly pessimistic attitude? Or is it the truth I speak? I've been around long enough to know that meets simply do not "pop off" like they do in, LA, OC, the SFV, 626 or where ever they have an "official meet thread." Even the fuzion meets are far too diverse. Everyone has their click and it's hard to have any sense of munity when circles are talking about cars/people of other circles...

Don't get me wrong, but jumping to conclusions like that, draw people away from putting in the effort to meet up...

alan678
09-14-2006, 04:37 PM
You are the one that brought up the "divided" peepz issue...we are just trying to get some peepz to show...then maybe one day it might just become an "official meet"...I am fairly new to the area...so i dont know how people work down here with the meets and all...but its worth a shot to put San Diego on the map for Evo meets even if previous attemps have failed...

SKILMATIC
09-14-2006, 04:44 PM

Don't act like you don't know... Your meet at the go-kart place in Miramar a few months back was "less than desired" wasn't it? How many people RSVP and didn't show up?

How many EVOs do you pass by that clearly see you but don't say what's up or acknowledge you when you try to say what's up to them? I run into a couple each week... You can't tell me that's nolt divided... Not everyone in SD who drive's an EVO participate on this forum if any... And not every EVO owner you meet can be called sociable...

12 out of at least a 100 EVOs in SD I guess can be called "amazing" by San Diego's standards... :2funny:

Well then thats your opinion. Â*And because of it, you are deviding yourself from the group. Â*

However, yes last meet wasnt so good however, that deosnt mean that because of one attempt that we are all the sudden devided. Â*

Also to your other point, I would have to say 9 out of 10 times I have seen a fellow evo on the road I have always had congenial responses. Â*I have no idea why you have seen otherwise. Â*

Granted the LA meets are much bigger but look at the demographic bud. Â*You have approximately 20million people living in the LA, SB, OC, and other underlining areas and in SD we have maybe 3 million. Â*You probably also have around at least 2000 evos living in that area and we might have about 50-100. However, even at mod I would think there would be more evos. Â*However, just about 100 showed up. Â*So I really cant say your point is valid whatsoever. Â*Unless more conclusive data was applied. Â*

I would take a quality meet over quantaty anytime. Â*

However, it seems these meets do keep getting better. Â*You truly did miss out and you will miss out on this one too. Â*

However, you are entitled to your opinion.

vegas702evo
09-14-2006, 06:01 PM
I'll be there but I wont know anyone. I need to go so I get to know some fellow evo owners!

SKILMATIC
09-14-2006, 06:04 PM
I'll be there but I wont know anyone. I need to go so I get to know some fellow evo owners!

Definitely glad to have ya. My name is Roger and I will be there with the gg evo 9 that is basically fully built.

Dagul
09-14-2006, 06:07 PM
Alan, yes I did say it in a joking manner and you're the one who got defensive about my joke/ playful comment...

Roger, yeah, the go-kart meet was a small turnout but it was fun... As far as MOD goes, out of the 100 or so SD heads that showed, less than 20 showed up for the convoy... Granted a few got there before the little convoy did and quite a few trickled in after...

No need to get defensive as well, throwing demographics into the conversation... This isn't a pissing contest... LOL

All I'm saying is, don't get so butthurt over a joke/playful comment... :D

alan678
09-14-2006, 06:22 PM
Alan, yes I did say it in a joking manner and you're the one who got defensive about my joke/ playful comment...

Roger, yeah, the go-kart meet was a small turnout but it was fun... As far as MOD goes, out of the 100 or so SD heads that showed, less than 20 showed up for the convoy... Granted a few got there before the little convoy did and quite a few trickled in after...

No need to get defensive as well, throwing demographics into the conversation... This isn't a pissing contest... LOL

Thats cool dude...i dont know you so i dont know the way you joke around...i'll keep it in mind :-)

None the less...Lets help this meet grow a bit....maybe does individuals see that the evo community is growing and might want to become part of it...

Heck yeah dude...thats what we are talking about...

SKILMATIC
09-14-2006, 06:53 PM

Ok how are we supposed to know it was a sarcastic comment? Are we supposed to pick up on your countenance through the computer screen? I mean I call em as I see em. Its not called butthurt its called obviousness. If it was supposed to be sarcastic then at least make it more obvious than it was.

On the other hand, lets just have fun and look forward to a good time. Are you going dagul?

nicklulu
09-15-2006, 02:16 PM
Is there anymore space for a person that hasnt been on any meets here in SD? :D

SKILMATIC
09-15-2006, 03:22 PM
Is there anymore space for a person that hasnt been on any meets here in SD? :D

Yep plenty of space. Come on out. See ya there

SKILMATIC
09-17-2006, 04:09 PM
another meet this friday at 7pm at frys and qualcomm is this 22 so I will make a few passes since I WILL BE TUNED NOW.

nicklulu
09-18-2006, 09:09 AM
another meet this friday at 7pm at frys and qualcomm is this 22 so I will make a few passes since I WILL BE TUNED NOW.

So will it be the same day then? Tuned? you gonna run at the Q? hey man more power to ya O0

SKILMATIC
09-19-2006, 06:05 PM
^Yep this friday night at 7pm at frys electronics off of aero dr near the stadium. From there we will be going to qualcomm. I will make a few pases cause I will be tuned. You will see what I have haha

katzman
09-21-2006, 07:49 PM
Ok.. i'm probably missing something stupid but which frys is that at, don't see an address anywhere..

thanks

SKILMATIC
09-22-2006, 08:57 AM
Ok.. i'm probably missing something stupid but which frys is that at, don't see an address anywhere..

thanks

Its the one near the stadium. Its off of aero drive.

desertMarine
09-22-2006, 12:02 PM
This looks pretty cool. I just moved to North San Diego so I will be down today to check it out. Not sure how bad traffic is coming south on the 15 freeway. Looking to meet some new people in the Evo community.

See you there fellas.

gevo
09-22-2006, 12:33 PM
I'll prolly roll by for a while.

nicklulu
09-22-2006, 01:14 PM
to anyone who's running at the Q after the meet, Goodluck! O0

SKILMATIC
09-23-2006, 10:54 PM
Well I did decent for bogging at the launch. I ran a 7.7 at 94mph. Mind you this was on my street map w/ 91oct not my race map. I ended up getting kicked of the track for going too fast with a passenger.

desertMarine
09-24-2006, 12:17 AM
That sounds pretty good. How was the turnout. Sorry I didn't make it. I just didn't fell like fighting the traffic from Oceanside to Fry's.

SKILMATIC
09-24-2006, 12:58 AM
Actually the turn out was pretty good. We had over 10evos there and actually there is no traffic going southbound because most peple are going north. Especially if its past 5pm it should literally be flowing nicely.

desertMarine
09-26-2006, 09:49 PM
Okay, makes sense and didn't know that. I will be coming out this Friday if you guys are still meeting.

SKILMATIC
09-27-2006, 07:44 PM
Well not this fri but oct 7 rnr racing is having a bbq at their shop @ 10am so we will prolly have the meet there.

alan678
10-22-2006, 04:29 AM
Good turnout this past Friday...11 Evos showed up...we need some more support from the SoCalEvo.net enthusiasts'...

it was nice meeting you out there desertMarine...come see us again....and dont forget about the San Marcos In n Out meets....

SKILMATIC
10-22-2006, 03:35 PM
Yep it gets better and better. I had fun converting a subbie girl haha

CharlieGsanD
10-24-2006, 07:56 AM
Yup Yup, nice meeting everyone & checking out the other Evo's...... we on for this upcoming friday as well? (oct 27th)

SKILMATIC
10-24-2006, 09:28 AM
yep yep however, I dont think I will make it cause of my work schedule. I am going to try and setup a meet on saturday. My hrs got changed from 3-11pm

evostatus
10-24-2006, 10:40 AM
aww that sucks R. Me and chuck have a birthday party this saturday night to get to up in Rancho Bernardo (nick that went on the Julian run with us.) But yea im watching the boards now so ill keep u posted. 1

SKILMATIC
10-24-2006, 11:11 AM
^Yeah I am going to that. What time does it start?

evostatus
10-25-2006, 10:08 AM
^Yeah I am going to that. What time does it start?

Invite says 9PM.. We may arrive a little late cause i have to work at a convention saturday

punkrokdood
10-25-2006, 10:13 AM
i didn't know about this...

maybe i'll bring the neon up someday, after i put my exhaust back on since its not too far haha

SKILMATIC
10-25-2006, 01:32 PM
Hey guys I wont be able to go to the meet on fri. However, instead of having the meet I was thinking of having a julian run on saturday. Is anyone down for that? I already have about 5 other cars goig with me. Any cars are welcome so invite your friends.

evostatus
10-30-2006, 04:21 PM
whats up with this weekend? Anyone got any plans yet?

swimmer160
10-30-2006, 07:55 PM
yeah, I'm definitely up for meetin other evo's around here, count me in if something's goin on this weekend.

evolution05mr
11-03-2006, 06:25 PM
11/10 friday, frys, whose in?

evostatus
11-10-2006, 10:10 AM
soooooo... anything going down tonight?????? Hit me up if so. THanks.

evostatus
01-10-2007, 02:15 PM
cheaaaaa some people said they would be meeting at frys last friday and then going to the Q. We came with 4 evos and nobody else showed. So, anything going down this Friday night in San Diego?

-Ape

06 IX MR

305spool
01-10-2007, 05:18 PM
I'm down! What time? 06 mr's ftw .

CJS-IX-SE
01-10-2007, 05:31 PM
prob not, i believe skilmatic got his car repoed. but im not going to be going. i got alot of stuff to do. but i think alot of peeps are going to the grip and drift up with SRT for their track day.

alan678
01-10-2007, 07:55 PM
Next friday (Jan 19th) meet at Qualcomm....the evo meets at fry's were becoming wek-sos...i'll be there....racing....along with 6 other AWD vehicles...like the ones in my avatar!

Driftmon
01-10-2007, 10:42 PM
I'm down to meet some SD Evo peeps, just post up the time if there is, I have drinks after work with some work mates, so I gotta know when to stop drinkin

flipbboy03
01-10-2007, 10:53 PM
man i wish i lived there. >:(

evostatus
01-11-2007, 09:36 AM
well if theres not gonna be any kind of meet, a few friends and I will be doing a run this weekend in the mountains.Â* Evos and some other cars...Â* East of San Diego.Â* Probably on Sat night or early Sun morning.Â* If interested PM me.Â* Thanks.Â*

yea ixmr ftw haha

CJS-IX-SE
01-11-2007, 03:38 PM
nah IX GSR SE FTW

evostatus
01-12-2007, 09:11 AM
nah IX GSR SE FTW
SEs are sick too !!